Patten Preparing for Playoffs

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 Booker T Washington (Fl.) CB Nigel Patten is preparing for the playoffs, as his team is looking to make it back to states.

“Everybody is trying to stay focused, we are trying to compete every day and getting the work in.”

Patten’s recruitment has been picking up as of late and he talked about how the process has gone for him.

“It's going well, everything is falling in place. I only have one offer right now, but I feel more will come in after the season.”

The 2014 corner has a list of schools that he has been in contact with as of late.

“Purdue, West Virginia, FSU, USC, Miami and Ole Miss."

Patten described his interest in Miami.

“I talk to them every two to three weeks. They are the home school, they have a great education, great athletes and they are in my top five.”

The Booker T corner says that he speaks with Coach Barrow and had high remarks for him.

“He is a great guy, some times he stops by our school just to talk and say hi so he is really cool.”

Patten happens to be close with two current Miami Hurricanes in wide receiver Davon Johnson and running back Eduardo Clements

“ Davon and I talk on a weekly basis and with Eduardo Clements, we talk just whenever we can. So it’s a great relationship.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back