Patten: I'm #1 CB on Miami's board

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2014 Booker T. Washington CB Nigel Patten is no stranger to the University of Miami, as the rising senior has been on campus multiple times and has been to many games as well. On Sunday, the talented prospect took in the Al Golden Football Camp and was given a tour by the head coach himself.

“The experience was nice. Coach Golden showed me around the whole campus and the new facilities so it was nice. I saw a few guys like Chris Lammons and Tyre Brady. I know Tyre likes Miami a lot and it looks like Chris likes them too. Coach Golden wants me to commit,” said Patten.

What his Patten’s impression of the new Schwartz Center?

“That was my first time seeing the new building. It caught my eye because it shows Miami is more than just a small campus and they’re getting things on the right track with the football team and the school.”

Patten admits the Miami coaches have been on him heavily over the past few months.

“The coaches talk to me everyday and I’m the number one corner on their board. That’s all Coach Barrow and Coach Williams talk about with me. It means a lot because I never expected it and didn’t see it happening for myself.”

The two-sport star (track) does not have a solid decision date set yet, but is planning on discussing things soon.

“I said the summer, but I really don’t know for sure. I’m going to meet with Coach Ice and my dad and then I’ll pretty much go from there.”

The Booker T. corner has a busy summer ahead.

“I’m trying to get up to Tennessee. I’ll be at UCF, UF, and FSU.”

Patten lists having heavy interest in 5 schools right now: Tennessee, Kentucky, Texas Tech, Miami, and FSU

Advertisement
Advertisement
Stoops has been on a role at UK, I don't see the draw though for most of these kids from Florida.

I hate to admit it seeing as he's been at fsu, but stoops himself is a great draw. Guy has proven himself to be a great recruiter as well as a great coach. Kentucky will never dominate the sec, but I bet they do well in a couple years if they hold on to him.

Advertisement
Stoops has been on a role at UK, I don't see the draw though for most of these kids from Florida.

I hate to admit it seeing as he's been at fsu, but stoops himself is a great draw. Guy has proven himself to be a great recruiter as well as a great coach. Kentucky will never dominate the sec, but I bet they do well in a couple years if they hold on to him.

I think that Stoops himself isn't that bad. Sure he's an old FSU coach but he's like Coley in that they both seem cool af and can relate to recruits big time no matter where they coach so I can see why recruits like him

I think that Stoops himself isn't that bad. Sure he's an old FSU coach but he's like Coley in that they both seem cool af and can relate to recruits big time no matter where they coach so I can see why recruits like him

He's also an old UM coach.

He's also an old UM coach.

Lol, so he does have swag yeah he will be a little bit of a problem for us

Advertisement

The great draw of Poops will die as soon as he hits the wall at Kuntucky. He'll win for 5 or 6 games, and the bloom will quickly fall off the rose.

Advertisement
I really wanted Arrion Springs, that lil balla CB from Texas. TOS reported the other day that Miami "is practically out of it with Springs. He believes we are too deep at cornerback."

Thats a huge disappointment and I have no ******* idea where he is getting the info that we are too deep... If he meant we have a 2 deep then he might be on to something.

I really think he is gonna end up with the ugly ducks at Oregon. Hope somehow he sees the light (CMON COLEY!).

Last edited:
Lammons and Patten,Big Deal.Just what we need two recruits 5"9' 170lbs.A 6'4'
reciever or 220lb RB will make mincemeat out of these two.
Alabama 2012 starting secondary was 6"1'-6"2 200+lbs.

Advertisement
Back