Off-Topic Vidja Games...Whatcha playin'?

Love that approach and comparison. Sounds phenomenal and I hope the game is that enjoyable and even gets more so as you keep playing it. That is the difference between a really good game and a GOTY contender. I wish I were that dedicated. Sadly for what I do on the side I cannot sit down very often and play through an entire game. Especially not one that is the length of a standard story-driven title. Though I do carve out time for those can’t-miss titles or ones I am particularly interested in... Like Cyberpunk and Marvel’s Avengers!
I'm a huge Witcher Fan! So Im extremely hyped for Cyberpunk

Advertisement
I bought it and haven’t played it yet. Is it good? I have a habit of just buying games and storing them on my external hard drive until I’m ready to play
It's basically Assassin's Creed: Japan. The old AC's though, not the new awful RPG versions. It plays like the series actually progressed from AC3, rather than stagnated and then changed format entirely.

Combat is very fun, but not Dark Souls challenging. Like the old AC's, you're mostly just trying to kill people in the most stylish way possible!

I'm also getting a Sleeping Dogs vibes from this game.

Advertisement
I had a good month run of solo’n the DZ using strictly skill builds.. now that’s probably impossible
God all this talk of Division 1 and 2 makes me miss it... I am of the same consensus you all are and I played both installments religiously. I don’t recall my preferred builds off the top of my head but I will probably give it another go when I build my new rig in a few months. Sadly, for now I am unable to play 2 at least because of EasyAntiCheat (no, I don’t cheat). For whatever reason it maxes my CPU usage and effectively locks up my computer once it gets installed and lasts until I uninstall the program. Though the last time it was so bad I had to uninstall the game and then manually uninstall and delete all the files for EasyAntiCheat. Seems to be what Ubisoft likes to use a lot and it just doesn’t work with my setup for some reason.

Advertisement
God all this talk of Division 1 and 2 makes me miss it... I am of the same consensus you all are and I played both installments religiously. I don’t recall my preferred builds off the top of my head but I will probably give it another go when I build my new rig in a few months. Sadly, for now I am unable to play 2 at least because of EasyAntiCheat (no, I don’t cheat). For whatever reason it maxes my CPU usage and effectively locks up my computer once it gets installed and lasts until I uninstall the program. Though the last time it was so bad I had to uninstall the game and then manually uninstall and delete all the files for EasyAntiCheat. Seems to be what Ubisoft likes to use a lot and it just doesn’t work with my setup for some reason.

See if this helps?

Screenshot_20200725-141803_Chrome.jpg

I wish it were something that only occurred in the game. Sadly it is at startup, because of how EasyAntiCheat works, it runs as a process and then runs as an application when the game is open. Closing the game causes the application to stop but not the process, which is where my issues come into play. I have tried literally everything and no matter what game it is (Halo MCC being the latest example) if it uses EasyAntiCheat, it maxes out my CPU. So fingers crossed my next build will not have this problem! I really just think it is one of those hardware profile ‘bugs’ that can occur.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I figured I would post this link here, I don’t know how interested any of you are in the next line of cards for a new build but I do know some posts here have been to that effect so here is a link to an updated page containing every leak and rumour about the upcoming 30 series of Nvidia cards. Do keep in mind that none of this is verified beyond some preliminary architecture benchtesting but if these are valid, the Ampere line is looking extremely promising (and absurdly powerful) without breaking the bank. If you would like, I can also post updates to information I find as well! Enjoy: https://gamerant.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-release-date-price-performance-rumors-leaks/

Advertisement
Been playing Spider-Man on PS4, also recently played God of war and some older AC games. Play 2k, fifa and Warzone online with friends sometimes but I blow at first person shooters

Wow that is so awesome! I usually take screenies from whatever game I am playing and use those as my backdrop! As for the bugs with it, that really sucks... Unfortunately anything that runs scripts like that Microsoft or even the game that you are playing can decide it needs those resources, the priority struggle ensues and something (usually the program) loses... Friend of mine had that for weeks with ‘Wallpaper Engine’ and I finally had to tell them to uninstall it if they wanted stability whilst gaming again xD as for the mouse? I swear by my Razer. I have had that thing since my days playing 3s arenas in WoW so... When it eventually breaks I will replace it but I have had it for going on 10 years now?
I'm following this with detached interest. I been playing Civilization since the first version but no online. I prefer play against the AI and like games that don't require fast hand eye action(not good on the screen stuff. Also, don't like conflict unless it really matters. Since I have bad temper I just stay away from it. But my wife plays with one of our grandsons and I've told her she needs to get gamer equipment. We bought a pair of other grandsons a pair of laptops they picked out for didn't think to get one for her. The she plays with doesn't need any. She had been shopping and the pricing is steep. I can't let her see the stuff you guys are rocking -- looks expensive.

Advertisement
Back