Off-Topic Vidja Games...Whatcha playin'?

Lately, I have been playing NCAA 14 on my PS3 just cause I miss football.
I have also been playing MK11 Aftermath and having a little fun with it on the 4. I just purchased the last of us 2, it is still downloading. My girl also has a PS4 because.... well.... I hOg Up ThE gAmE.... lol
I have an AMD as well, but I am not as computer savvy as some on here, but I know enough. I need to upgrade my graphics card on it. I mainly play Cities Skylines on it. Loved city building games, I used to want to be an urban and regional planner, but..... life... so I play Cities Skylines. Lol
I highly recommend giving Satisfactory a look then considering you enjoy Skylines! Might be right up your alley though it does play from a first person perspective and has some survival elements but first and foremost it is a building game and a bloody good one at that! Same advice as for upgrading your GPU regardless of your preference of AMD or Nvidia; wait for this upcoming generation. It’s going to be a banger and a more cost effective one at that, I promise. Here is a link to Satisfactory;

i miss football too... I miss sports! So at least at the end of this month we will have NBA and NHL! MLB too but I don’t really follow it too closely outside of the Braves (kinda). I sadly never really got into the sports video games though... Well, outside of some of the F1 and other GT circuit racers that I played growing up on the PS1 and PS2 before I swapped to PC for gaming but I hear they are really fun for people who understand the games well enough and/or played it. My friend talked all the time about how he used to meet up with his teammates after practices when he was in KC, they would play Madden and NBA2K. Fighting games are really fun too, I am just awful at them, Tekken, MK, Soul Calibur... Like them but I am about as good at them as a cabbage is being used as a ceramic heater. I bought a Switch to play Pokemon Let’s Go and Super Smash Bros Ultimate... I beat Let’s Go and Sword and Shield and forgot until recently I still had Ultimate installed so... You can guess how my time playing Ultimate went xD

Advertisement
I highly recommend giving Satisfactory a look then considering you enjoy Skylines! Might be right up your alley though it does play from a first person perspective and has some survival elements but first and foremost it is a building game and a bloody good one at that! Same advice as for upgrading your GPU regardless of your preference of AMD or Nvidia; wait for this upcoming generation. It’s going to be a banger and a more cost effective one at that, I promise. Here is a link to Satisfactory;

i miss football too... I miss sports! So at least at the end of this month we will have NBA and NHL! MLB too but I don’t really follow it too closely outside of the Braves (kinda). I sadly never really got into the sports video games though... Well, outside of some of the F1 and other GT circuit racers that I played growing up on the PS1 and PS2 before I swapped to PC for gaming but I hear they are really fun for people who understand the games well enough and/or played it. My friend talked all the time about how he used to meet up with his teammates after practices when he was in KC, they would play Madden and NBA2K. Fighting games are really fun too, I am just awful at them, Tekken, MK, Soul Calibur... Like them but I am about as good at them as a cabbage is being used as a ceramic heater. I bought a Switch to play Pokemon Let’s Go and Super Smash Bros Ultimate... I beat Let’s Go and Sword and Shield and forgot until recently I still had Ultimate installed so... You can guess how my time playing Ultimate went xD

Oh and there are other games like Skylines you can check out but I didn’t feel the need to be like ‘hey, you know that game you really like? Here is a very similar one made by someone else!’ That just didn’t seem as helpful but they are out there. I know Ubisoft just put one out not too terribly long ago called Anno 1800 which is definitely different enough from Skylines to possibly look into!

Love seeing someone else say CoH2. Such a good franchise. What faction do you like playing? I always flip flop between Oberkommando West, the US and of course my Brits... Though honestly Oberkommando fits my play style the best! What about in CS, what is your preferred role??

I generally play as Wehrmacht. I play COH2 like I play chess; play defensively, make small improvements to my positions.

In yesteryear when I played CS 1.6, I was a pretty good entry fragger, then in Source, I played on a CAL team as an alternate (AWP'r).

Actually played a scrim against future pro NBK....and his team kicked our teams ***. I fragged him twice with the AWP, but when it was rifle vs rifle; no way. He was too fast, he was too smart. Before he shot me in the head with an AK, he would be the barest sliver on my CRT monitor.

It was trying to wrestle with smoke, lmao.

Nowadays, I play CS Go as an AWP/Lurk player, but I don't play seriously anymore. The cheating/toxic culture is so bad, the thrill of trying to 'git gud' is gone. I also work 70 hours a week, lol.

Shoot me a PM if you want to play COH 2 sometime. :)

Last edited:
I generally play as Wehrmacht. I play COH2 like I play chess; play defensively, make small improvements to my positions.

In yesteryear when I played CS 1.6, I was a pretty good entry fragger, then in Source, I played on a CAL team as an alternate (AWP'r).

Actually played a scrim against future pro NBK....and his team kicked our teams ***. I fragged him twice with the AWP, but when it was rifle vs rifle; no way. He was too fast, he was too smart. Before he shot me in the head with an AK, he would be the barest sliver on my CRT monitor.

Nowadays, I play CS Go as an AWP/Lurk player, but I don't play seriously anymore. The cheating/toxic culture is so bad, the thrill of trying to 'git gud' is gone. I also work 70 hours a week, lol.

Shoot me a PM if you want to play COH 2 sometime. :)
I would be delighted to! As for CS, that’s amazing! I followed the pro scene dedicatedly throughout my university years but when I started working I had to even stop that, much less playing but I loved NBK on both EnvyUs and later on G2. Loved that entire team. That is so cool though, to even play with a future pro... Much less play against one when they were still coming up. I had that honour when I played WoW and StarCraft 2. Was fortunate to know and play with guys who went on to win BlizzCon, MLG, Dreamhack, all sorts of stuff! Sadly I was never anywhere good enough in CS to even be in the same lobby with guys like NBK so that is super freaking awesome... Lurking was always my thing in FPSes that allowed it too... But yes, today, a lot of gaming culture is toxic, unbearable and intolerable... Such a shame really but, uh, I do not know how to do direct messaging on here but if you do, shoot me your Steam and/or your Discord and we will connect and play some for sure! I enjoy that style of play though, it’s underrated in CoH and it is so easy to punish overextension that way! Like you, I work a fair amount of hours every week but connect with me on Discord, I have some fee time usually.

Only hitting BR's these days honestly. Never thought I'd play COD again after mw4, but warzone brought it back.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I play on PS4 but its cross-platform meaning you can play with others on PC or Xbox.
Yea I know... Modern Warfare is first COD I haven't played religiously since COD4. Really don't like the at all. Warzone is good though.

Advertisement
Shoulda cleaned house when they released AC Origins, AC Odyssey, Ghost Recon: Breaking Poing and Far Cry 5.

Just ****** game after ****** game coming out of that company right now (yes I'm aware it's different studios).

I enjoyed the whole far cry series

I'm looking forward to the new flight simulator coming out next month.

Too bad my computer is no where near capable of running it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back