Off-Topic Vidja Games...Whatcha playin'?

Obsidian sure can make some incredible RPGs. They still hold a top 5 on my list with KOTOR 2... New Vegas and Outerworlds are outside of that but easily in my top 25! I am really looking forward to seeing them get another chance with a big name franchise like they did with Fallout and Star Wars before!
Wow I really loved KOTOR2, that’s what really got me into those types of games actually. Yeah my friend gave me a quick recommendation to play outer lands and I really liked and was pleasantly surprised by it.

sounds super lame but my all time favorite series is mass effect just because I thought the whole concept of the reapers were so epic. But new Vegas was my favorite out of the fall our series I really do hope obsidian does pick up a big name like you said. Just wish Bethesda would stop milking tf out of elder scrolls online

Advertisement
Wow I really loved KOTOR2, that’s what really got me into those types of games actually. Yeah my friend gave me a quick recommendation to play outer lands and I really liked and was pleasantly surprised by it.

sounds super lame but my all time favorite series is mass effect just because I thought the whole concept of the reapers were so epic. But new Vegas was my favorite out of the fall our series I really do hope obsidian does pick up a big name like you said. Just wish Bethesda would stop milking tf out of elder scrolls online
So interesting thing about Elder Scrolls Online... Besides it actually turning into a pretty decent more traditional MMO is that it is done almost exclusively by Zenimax. Bethesda lends a hand with lore and some artists but overall the game is Zenimax’s. I share your love for Obsidian and Mass Effect for certain! Bethesda is primarily working on Starfield, which since you love Mass Effect, you might keep an eye on it starting later this year when Bethesda is going to have QuakeCon and such... They will most likely show us something about the title. It’s Bethesda’s new IP set in space so it sounds very interesting. Plus rumours have it that the game will be the first Bethesda game to be on their new engine to replace, finally, Gambryo which is the one that Fallout and Elder Scrolls (not Elder Scrolls Online) have been using since Morrowind. Elder Scrolls VI is also in the works in some capacity along with the continued and dedicated support of Fallout 76 but yeah, ESO is Zenimax’s baby primarily.

Just bought a load of games in the Steam Sale. Strategy stuff like Stellaris.

Waiting on the reviews to drop for Ghost of Tsushima to see if that's worth my time.

Id go with the new Playstation. Your video card is gonna be $1300 plus if you're going with a good 2080ti.

Unless you're going to use it for other things than just game.
Yeah tbh I’m a simple man and when it comes to actual PC knowledge...I don’t know what I don’t know lol. But yeah I’m not looking for anything too crazy just something standard that can handle most games solidly I guess.

I thought TLOU2 was a masterpiece. This dudes review was him just repeating his anger about the leaks
Most reviewers I respect called the story, of a story driven game, an absolute disaster.

I've seen the major plot points - I won't be buying it.

Advertisement
The Dr. Disrespect twitch thread showed there's enough losers like me still playing video games. The FFVII remake is the best I played all year. Was anyone else as thoroughly disappointed with Last of Us Part II as I was?

yo TLOU2 was so bad I stopped streaming when it switched to Abby, real bad I didnt even care for the characters

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah tbh I’m a simple man and when it comes to actual PC knowledge...I don’t know what I don’t know lol. But yeah I’m not looking for anything too crazy just something standard that can handle most games solidly I guess.
I would get a rtx 2070super if u want to go a little cheaper

Speaking of strategy stuff, y’all should check out some of the games Paradox Interactive puts out. Used to play Europa Universalis HEAVY in high school lol. Really need to get back to that game, Crusader Kings and Victoria always looked dope as well but never really played them.

Also Verdun was an excellent WW1 FPS, wayyy more historically accurate than Battlefield and fun gameplay.

Advertisement
2070super is good for sure as @Dwinstitles said you can also, if it’s nothing super urgent (Like say you are building it for Cyberpunk? The 3000 series will be in circulation by then and the die shrink and overall architecture jump might entice you too. Might even be cheaper. The 3060s will be about 350-400 based on current projections so simply put, if you can wait, wait and compare when the new wave comes in ~September/October! My apologies for not seeing this earlier.

Speaking of strategy stuff, y’all should check out some of the games Paradox Interactive puts out. Used to play Europa Universalis HEAVY in high school lol. Really need to get back to that game, Crusader Kings and Victoria always looked dope as well but never really played them.

Also Verdun was an excellent WW1 FPS, wayyy more historically accurate than Battlefield and fun gameplay.
I played quite a bit of Stellaris and Age of Wonders and I enjoy them for what they are but I am a more visceral and tangible player when it comes to RTSes and RTTs so I stick with games like Total War and the more tried and true RTSes of the past (since there aren’t many new RTSes sadly). I did hear great things about Verdun and the guys who did Squad are making their own WW1 simulation shooter called Beyond The Wire. You would probably love that.

2070super is good for sure as @Dwinstitles said you can also, if it’s nothing super urgent (Like say you are building it for Cyberpunk? The 3000 series will be in circulation by then and the die shrink and overall architecture jump might entice you too. Might even be cheaper. The 3060s will be about 350-400 based on current projections so simply put, if you can wait, wait and compare when the new wave comes in ~September/October! My apologies for not seeing this earlier.
Im mad as **** cause I got the 2070 Super and the 3000 series is going to be nuts.

Advertisement
563389_108267_front__09625.1457469319.jpg

Advertisement
So interesting thing about Elder Scrolls Online... Besides it actually turning into a pretty decent more traditional MMO is that it is done almost exclusively by Zenimax. Bethesda lends a hand with lore and some artists but overall the game is Zenimax’s. I share your love for Obsidian and Mass Effect for certain! Bethesda is primarily working on Starfield, which since you love Mass Effect, you might keep an eye on it starting later this year when Bethesda is going to have QuakeCon and such... They will most likely show us something about the title. It’s Bethesda’s new IP set in space so it sounds very interesting. Plus rumours have it that the game will be the first Bethesda game to be on their new engine to replace, finally, Gambryo which is the one that Fallout and Elder Scrolls (not Elder Scrolls Online) have been using since Morrowind. Elder Scrolls VI is also in the works in some capacity along with the continued and dedicated support of Fallout 76 but yeah, ESO is Zenimax’s baby primarily.
Ok gotcha, yeah my friend and I played it at launch pretty hard and just fizzled out. But he did say they’ve been updating it a lot and has a lot more content now. The problem with eso and 76 is they were released too early or it felt like some beta. I know they have some elder scrolls title in the works, especially with the new consoles coming out.

When this game hit the shelves - everyone was playing it up here. Either right before or right after - the cheat codes came out for Ice Hockey and that was the first video game I remember having significant cheat codes. Other than Tyson and contra. Anyways - Blades of Steele had a short life up here because Ice Hockey got reinvented due to the cheat codes of super speed, puck bounce,

Haven’t played any video games since high school almost 30 years ago. Trying to keep my kids off them too. Really wasted a lot of good times sitting in front of my PlayStation 1. Get outside and have some real fun. Hunt, fish, camp, shoot, MTB, boating, to many hobbies to waste time on video games.

Advertisement
Back