OT: Vidja Games...Whatcha playin'?

Dan E. Dangerously

This board...it's my note
Staff member
The Dr. Disrespect twitch thread showed there's enough losers like me still playing video games. The FFVII remake is the best I played all year. Was anyone else as thoroughly disappointed with Last of Us Part II as I was?

Last edited:

Mr. Dynasty1

Junior
The Dr. Disrespect twitch thread showed there's enough losers like me still playing video games. The FFVII remake is the best I played all year.
He is hilarious! He’s better than the average player on COD but not on the same level as the streamers he plays with. It’s always fun watching him cry and moan when getting killed in COD.

But that’s all I am playing at the moment. Waiting to buy Madden even though it’s the same game every year

Kjdcanefan

Freshman
Introduced my song to the old call of duty games today, he is 9 and already acts like a twitch streamer when he dies

Dan E. Dangerously

Staff member
Introduced my song to the old call of duty games today, he is 9 and already acts like a twitch streamer when he dies
Does he say "rip the dream?" The danger zone is when he incorporates twitch emotes into his vernacular like MonkaS and poggers.

Last edited:

Codelus

Recruit
I struggled to get through the FFVII remake, they padded waaayyyyy too many things for my liking. The first couple hours was a nostalgia wet dream tho

1LuvCane

All ACC

Dan E. Dangerously

Staff member
I struggled to get through the FFVII remake, they padded waaayyyyy too many things for my liking. The first couple hours was a nostalgia wet dream tho
Yea, the sidequests were pretty annoying to get through. I never played the original, but I realized why so many people love the story pretty quickly.

#TeamClerith

Codelus

Recruit
Yea, the sidequests were pretty annoying to get through. I never played the original, but I realized why so many people love the story pretty quickly.

#TeamClerith
Ah makes sense if it was your first playthrough, graphics and combat were gooooood. and the story isnt as convoluted as the original lol

Wildnation

Sophomore
Last of us 2 was disappointing? Damn. Was gonna replay the first (loved it) and then eventually buy the second. I still will probably. What makes it disappointing without giving away any spoilers?

Dan E. Dangerously

Staff member
Last of us 2 was disappointing? Damn. Was gonna replay the first (loved it) and then eventually buy the second. I still will probably. What makes it disappointing without giving away any spoilers?
It's hard to discuss it without spoiling the story. Visually it's stunning. The survival horror aspects are amplified in making you feel creeped out, to the point that I felt uncomfortable playing most of the game. But the story falls flat for a lot of people, which is a big part of Naughty Dog games. The story takes a hard left turn at about the 12 hour mark and never really recovers. The ending is pretty unsatisfying to me as well.

OrdunaDrive

Freshman
I gave up gaming a few years ago, then fell off the wagon at the beginning of the shutdown and bought a Switch. Ran through Breathe of the Wild and Mario Odyssey, which I definitely enjoyed, then sold the console because I wasn't super interested in the rest of Nintendo's catalog. Now I'm thinking about grabbing the new X Box once Cyberpunk 2077 hits. That's up my alley.

Matt Foley

Full on rapist
Haven't gamed in forever, but used to love NCAA and MVP Baseball on PS2.

GTA:Vice City for me was the apex.