OT:Trevor Lawerence regressed?

ddann

Sophomore
So, you do or don't disagree that TL is hands down the best football player of the past 50 years?

Go back to cuddling with your Dabo pillow.
Dabo pillow? Hilarious.

I don’t know who said he’s the best football player of the last 50 years. I didn’t.

One minute he’s being compared to another contemporary QB (Burrow) and the next he’s up for comparison against one of the all time great RBs (Sanders). It’s humorous.

g8rh8rMD

Not a Dr.
Dabo pillow? Hilarious.

I don’t know who said he’s the best football player of the last 50 years. I didn’t.

One minute he’s being compared to another contemporary QB (Burrow) and the next he’s up for comparison against one of the all time great RBs (Sanders). It’s humorous.
Thank you, I thought so too.

See post #14. The whole conversation quickly devolved from there into the Dabo slurpers slinging around strawman arguments like Skittles at Marshawn Lynch's basement strip club.

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/ot-trevor-lawerence-regressed.158056/post-4523328
lmao no. He’s the best pro prospect in the last 50 years. The fact is, Dabo s*** the bed. Dude completely abandoned Etienne and put the whole game on Lawrence. They got outcoached and out game planned tonight. This is the first time I’ve ever seen Venables get outmatched by an offensive staff. Coming out of halftime, Esminger and Brady whipped Venables and that was it.

That’s not even mentioning LSU having more dudes than Clemson. Those receivers were flat out better than Clemson’s DB’s. Recruiting matters.
My argument has simply been that TL didn't regress, he was just never quite as good as he's been hyped up to be, and LSU exposed his weaknesses in a way that Bama did not last year. Frankly, this isn't the first game of his college career that he's shown some struggles. He's obviously still a GREAT college QB, but I'm not entirely sold that he will be a Franchise level NFL QB. Really doesn't seem like that controversial an opinion.

SayWhat

Sophomore
So when luck had a bad game (which he did at Stanford), the other QB was a better prospect?..do u know how dumb that sounds?..LSU rn has 3 top 15 picks at WR on that roster, along with a nfl RB and TE..on top what LSU had upfront. Joe burrow wasn’t even a draftable prospect last year lol..we’ll see what he does on the next level when the windows aren’t there because wrs will not able to create that same type of separation. Me, I’m putting my money on Lawrence. Even in a tough game, as a soph, he had plays left out there by his WRs was who struggled against OSU and then struggled last night.
Excuse laden post.

Where were all of those NFL WR's last year? Were any of them being drafted in the top 15 of their position? Someone has to get them the ball and do it consistently. He throws into tight windows on the reg, from the pocket, on the move, and all over the field.

Where was that NFL RB, TE, great OL, etc last year? They weren't doing hack until Burrow went Tecmo Bowl on the NCAA.

Bad game or not for Lawrence, Burrow was better in this game and every game this season. That is an undeniable fact.

He threw into all kinds of tight windows all year. You're obtuse to say otherwise or simply haven't watched him play. Hell, the ball Chase dropped in the endzone couldn't have been placed any better than it was. Guess what, NFL receivers get a step or two as well on their defender

Yes, the WR's on Clemson left a play or two on the field last night. Having said that, that still leaves a dozen Lawrence didn't make. Players have bad games, but he was pretty awful and for a guy talking about throwing into tight windows, he couldn't do it. The last two games he faced what he'll face weekly at the next level, basically NFL secondaries. As a passer, he left a lot to be desired.

SayWhat

Sophomore
Instead of limiting lsu's possesions, yabba dabo doo, calls himself trying to blowout lsu, had clemson kept running the ball when they had the lead, playaction would've been a thing of beauty. Coaching loss that game, and im sure dabo watched how we manhandled joe burrow last year.
I don't think they did themselves any favors offensively, that's for sure.

Big thing to me was that as the game went on, their DL got worn down. They were loafing third quarter on. LSU adjusted and they couldn't get up field in time, not enough bodies as they were blitzing two or dropping everyone back. To their credit, that's a ridiculous team to defend and I feel OSU would've stood a better chance in that with their DL and Secondary.

Also, momentum. The play the LSU got away with when his hand touched down and he also had his heel on the line would have stopped that drive. Monster gain and TD. That was the big shift to me momentum wise.

omaha

Sophomore
Burrow has a Barry Sanders type college season. One for the ages. He did it in the strongest conference in the world for college football. He is the one we should be talking about as perhaps the best since Roger Staubach. Why talk about potential when production is right there in front?

Miami[]_[]Smoke

Recruit
lmao no. He’s the best pro prospect in the last 50 years. The fact is, Dabo s*** the bed. Dude completely abandoned Etienne and put the whole game on Lawrence. They got outcoached and out game planned tonight. This is the first time I’ve ever seen Venables get outmatched by an offensive staff. Coming out of halftime, Esminger and Brady whipped Venables and that was it.

That’s not even mentioning LSU having more dudes than Clemson. Those receivers were flat out better than Clemson’s DB’s. Recruiting matters.
no he’s not. If that were true, he would be the best ever because who was better than him in the 50s and 60s? People And the media just put outrageous expectations on him after that bama game. If it wasn’t for his performance in that game, expectations would be much more realistic

ddann

Sophomore
Burrow has a Barry Sanders type college season. One for the ages. He did it in the strongest conference in the world for college football. He is the one we should be talking about as perhaps the best since Roger Staubach. Why talk about potential when production is right there in front?
So...now Burrow is the best pro prospect in the 50 years, I guess. LOL.

305to954

All American
Barry Sanders??? LOL.

Okay, okay, I will admit it. Trevor Lawrence is not as good of a RB as Barry Sanders was.
I haven’t seen anyone claim him to be the best football player of the past 50 year..literally nobody has said that..I’ve heard ppl say he’s the best QB prospect since Luck..that’s just about it. And from that standpoint, I agree 100%. Nobody is anointing him as lock HOF. BUT He has the tools, the mentality from all accounts, and hasn’t **** the bed in college..which mean he’s on track to continue Trending upwards..Like I said the kid is 19/20 years old. And even in a tough game last night you saw High high level throws from. Like a poster said he threw a couple out routes from hash to hash on a rope and on target that guys should’ve caught..all in all I’m not gonna trip over 1 game from a 20 year old kid and say “see I told u so it’s all hype”

305to954

All American
So...now Burrow is the best pro prospect in the 50 years, I guess. LOL.
Lmaoo..did this man really say Roger Dodger 🤣🤣😭..I’m at a loss for words on that one. Great college season does not equate to a great pro career..in any sport

305to954

All American
Dabo pillow? Hilarious.

I’ve literally heard no one say he’s the best Football player In the last 50.

CIS: Trevor Lawrence is the greatest Football player of the last 50 years

literally nobody: oh yes no doubt

rgonzalez9824

Freshman
Yes, he was a little shook when they finally started pressuring him. But Chill !!! Watch the game again. Clemson O line is not same like they been in previous years. He was running for his life in the second half. Give credit to LSU, their defense line did the job all night long.

TerragonSix

Milk Haulin' 'Cane
Sophomore jinx.

Take it from me; he's going to be a better pro than Burrow.

One of the best NFL QB prospects I've seen in the last 10 years. Last time I got this sort of feeling was with Andrew Luck.

craval85

ATLien
Can someone please explain to me why T.L is considered a better CFB QB or NFL prospect than Deshaun Watson? Because statistically Watson holds a decided advantage. The lofty praise that T.L is still garnering on this forum even in a NC loss in which he played poorly is quite frankly astonishing, because Watson despite playing exponentially better than T.L never earned that type of respect in his loss to Bama in 16'.

classiccane12

Freshman
Can someone please explain to me why T.L is considered a better CFB QB or NFL prospect than Deshaun Watson? Because statistically Watson holds a decided advantage. The lofty praise that T.L is still garnering on this forum even in a NC loss in which he played poorly is quite frankly astonishing, because Watson despite playing exponentially better than T.L never earned that type of respect in his loss to Bama in 16'.
It's the hair. If he cut it people's opinions would change. I'm only half joking btw.

Edit: NY wouldn't be happy about it though.

Miami[]_[]Smoke

Recruit
Yes, he was a little shook when they finally started pressuring him. But Chill !!! Watch the game again. Clemson O line is not same like they been in previous years. He was running for his life in the second half. Give credit to LSU, their defense line did the job all night long.
Look at the pressure Burreaux was under all night. he still passed for 400 yds and 5 TD's. Lawrence is good, but this talk of a generational talent is very premature. His resume is almost completely built on the Bama game from last year and Clemson's win streak, and Clemson was amazing before he got there