OT:Trevor Lawerence regressed?

jjdds

Recruit
lmao no. He’s the best pro prospect in the last 50 years. The fact is, Dabo s*** the bed. Dude completely abandoned Etienne and put the whole game on Lawrence. They got outcoached and out game planned tonight. This is the first time I’ve ever seen Venables get outmatched by an offensive staff. Coming out of halftime, Esminger and Brady whipped Venables and that was it.

That’s not even mentioning LSU having more dudes than Clemson. Those receivers were flat out better than Clemson’s DB’s. Recruiting matters.
He is not the best pro prospect in the last 50 years. Have you watched him play that often? He is good, very good but I don't see the type of talent you are talking about

NC_Canes_11

Recruit
He is not the best pro prospect in the last 50 years. Have you watched him play that often? He is good, very good but I don't see the type of talent you are talking about
Don’t take my word for it, listen to every scout that watches him play

305to954

All ACC
he is best prospect since tua*. Before hip injury he was getting same luck, Manning, Elway generational talent comparisons. Lawrence struggles with accuracy at times especially in tight windows, which happens to be tuas strength. Lawrence is better at running, bigger, and cleaner bill of health.
Lmao..I heard a few say that about Tua..I must admit I was never sold on Tua like that..but Lawrence has the goods..a rough performance in a title game vs that Version of LSU is not gonna sway me to the other side..kid is 19/20 years..arm talent, mobility, mental make up, the throws he can make to all levels.. kid was the highest rated recruit of the decade..The first time I watched his tape I was sold..and he’s done nothing but live up. Honestly doubting him as a prospect is like doubting Lebron as a prospect..and no I’m not saying he’s gonna he the Lebron of football but he’s as close as can’t miss as u can get

BloodEunsOrangeAndGreen

Redshirt Freshman
Lmao..I heard a few say that about Tua..I must admit I was never sold on Tua like that..but Lawrence has the goods..a rough performance in a title game vs that Version of LSU is not gonna sway me to the other side..kid is 19/20 years..arm talent, mobility, mental make up, the throws he can make to all levels.. kid was the highest rated recruit of the decade..The first time I watched his tape I was sold..and he’s done nothing but live up. Honestly doubting him as a prospect is like doubting Lebron as a prospect..and no I’m not saying he’s gonna he the Lebron of football but he’s as close as can’t miss as u can get
You just compared him to Lebron. 😂

305to954

All ACC
If you draft Burrow you have to hire Brady. The kid wasn’t even a draftable prospect without him
I mean brady is not the only good fb coach in the world lol..but me personally chase is the best prospect in the draft over burrow..I think burrow ends up being a product of system/environment..that LSU wr core is ELITE. Chase, Marshall and Jefferson are too 15 picks imo..reminds me of that USC wr core that Matt had. The amount of separation they create is almost HS level. Joe threw some dimes last night tho

305to954

All ACC
You just compared him to Lebron. 😂
As a prospect/talent, yes..it’s not a crazy take..will he end up having that impact, who knows..but he has the tools to be Franchise player for 10-15 year..it’s crazy to me how y’all writing off a 19/20 year old kid based on a rough game vs the best team from the 2010s decade

canes732

Crafty veteran
I wouldn’t say regressed. I would say the 50/50 balls he threw against Bama last year were all caught. That’s the difference they weren’t this year. His accuracy is shaky at times too but he’s still a baller his WRs help him so much more than anyone else IMO

NC_Canes_11

Recruit
I mean brady is not the only good fb coach in the world lol..but me personally chase is the best prospect in the draft over burrow..I think burrow ends up being a product of system/environment..that LSU wr core is ELITE. Chase, Marshall and Jefferson are too 15 picks imo..reminds me of that USC wr core that Matt had. The amount of separation they create is almost HS level. Joe threw some dimes last night tho
Hes really accurate but I’m with you about Chase and Burrow being a system guy. People on here are gonna kill me for this one, but Burrow without Brady and is closer to Andy Dalton than he is what he’s shown this year. He is gonna struggle in Cincy. They are atrocious with no talent on the outside and he’s not the guy that’s gonna lead them out of that either. Guys just don’t run free every play in the NFL.

stormsurge

Senior
Look, I love Burrow being a guy who studies film. I heard Brian Billick say that's maybe the #1 trait of the current crop of top NFL QBs. Let's see how well he does this with far more sophisticated defenses, with little or no talent advantage.

305to954

All ACC
Hes really accurate but I’m with you about Chase and Burrow being a system guy. People on here are gonna kill me for this one, but Burrow without Brady and is closer to Andy Dalton than he is what he’s shown this year. He is gonna struggle in Cincy. They are atrocious with no talent on the outside and he’s not the guy that’s gonna lead them out of that either.
Exactly! Ppl look at these prospects in a vacuum..it’s how guys like Barkley and Matt L look like can’t miss guys..I’m not gonna take anything away from what Joe did at lsu but them windows are much much tighter on the next level. I think he’s a good pro but don’t tho he’s a better prospect than what Lawrence is(once again Trevor is 19/20) and he’s not a better prospect than chase young..but ppl get caught up on one game or a couple that a true Sophomore wasn’t sharp in. Lawrence best ball is still ahead of him. Ppl made the same argument against Andrew Luck but like luck all you have to do is pop in the tape.. Lawrence is a special talent

Dghustla

Junior
For context because I see a lot of people talking about last night and having one bad game.

A couple of things:

1) clearly he is the top QB prospect. Regardless of how “sold” you might be on him. No GM sitting around 1 is going pass on him. His ceiling is too high. With that being said he has not actually performed at the “generational talent” standard.

2) His performance last night was poor but it’s not limited to just last night. I’ve watched a lot of Clemson and a lot of Trevor Lawerence. I’m not an all or nothing numbers guys, he’s got good numbers. but his numbers aren’t better than DeShaun Watsons (playing on far superior team talent wise in a much more watered down conference) for someone who is supposed to be better that’s an eye raiser.
But furthermore there are clear limitations to his game today. Limitations that if not corrected will not allow him to have success at the level many expect him too in the NFL.

I get that he’s 19 but in the last 15 years we’ve seen several soph. QBs crush it.

Imo if he’s “that” guy. Next year I’d like to see record setting numbers to cement the hype.
Because right now he’s getting hype for being 29-1 but it’s a team game.

BloodEunsOrangeAndGreen

Redshirt Freshman
As a prospect/talent, yes..it’s not a crazy take..will he end up having that impact, who knows..but he has the tools to be Franchise player for 10-15 year..it’s crazy to me how y’all writing off a 19/20 year old kid based on a rough game vs the best team from the 2010s decade
was last night the first Clemson game you watched? He has had accuracy issues all year. He has all the tools but if he doesn’t become more accurate he will be another Josh Allen at the NFL level.

From what I have seen he has more of a chance to be Sebastian Telfair or Freddy adu then Lebron James.