OT:Trevor Lawerence regressed?

Dghustla

Junior
Am I the only one who feels like he hasn’t gotten better?

His accuracy has been off all year.
He doesn’t seem to see the field well.
His mechanics and accuracy are even worst when he’s forced to improvise and try to make a play.

Before someone comes in and says “look at his stats” his starts are good but they don’t match the hype.

And yes he was undefeated but he’s also on the best team.

I remember him looking good last year vs Bama (I also remember bama DBs falling down a lot too) but these last 2 games vs the only real comp he faced, didn’t look good.

dwreck27

Senior
Might be good for him... this is a very sour taste in his mouth.

Kid should put in work this offseason and dig into this film against LSU and see what they did to get in his head. Some will say “oh that’s just an Aranda defense” but teams will continue to run what they saw to beat him including one day NFL coordinators.

blickycane222

Sophomore
I may catch some flack for this, but to me I don’t see this generational type talent like people say. He’s an elite quarterback for his age no doubt but I honestly don’t get all the hype. He’s definitely a future #1 overall pick though.

NC_Canes_11

Recruit
lmao no. He’s the best pro prospect in the last 50 years. The fact is, Dabo s*** the bed. Dude completely abandoned Etienne and put the whole game on Lawrence. They got outcoached and out game planned tonight. This is the first time I’ve ever seen Venables get outmatched by an offensive staff. Coming out of halftime, Esminger and Brady whipped Venables and that was it.

That’s not even mentioning LSU having more dudes than Clemson. Those receivers were flat out better than Clemson’s DB’s. Recruiting matters.

TimeB0mb

Junior
He just had a bad game.

Clemson wasn’t that talented this year by playoff standards. He carried them to the Ohio State win.
Fans keep asking when Miami will have a roster as good as Clemson. We don't have to be as good as Clemson for 12 games. Just need to be good enough to run through the ACC coastal (should be easy) and figure out a way to beat them once. The 9-7 Tennessee Titans with a janky QB beat a 12-4 Patriots team that had the GOAT HC and GOAT QB just a couple weeks ago. It's not impossible to find a way to win one game against Clemson.

HurricaneHauk

Freshman
lmao no. He’s the best pro prospect in the last 50 years. The fact is, Dabo s*** the bed. Dude completely abandoned Etienne and put the whole game on Lawrence. They got outcoached and out game planned tonight. This is the first time I’ve ever seen Venables get outmatched by an offensive staff. Coming out of halftime, Esminger and Brady whipped Venables and that was it.

That’s not even mentioning LSU having more dudes than Clemson. Those receivers were flat out better than Clemson’s DB’s. Recruiting matters.
Actually coming out of half Burrows went 3 and out twice in a row and almost threw a pick 6

Clemson had to score down 3

Echtcane

Redshirt Freshman
When you've already been anointed by everyone as the best after your freshman year, it's hard to play with a chip on your shoulder. To play at that ultimate level it really helps to have the internal hunger to prove something. Burrow had that this year, not sure about Trevor. This loss may be good for him.

NC_Canes_11

Recruit
Actually coming out of half Burrows went 3 and out twice in a row and almost threw a pick 6

Clemson had to score down 3
What’s your point? I said LSU’s receivers were better than Clemson’s DB’s. That kid dropped the pick six and they roasted those DB’s all night. That proves my point. You don’t give up 42 points on a good night. That’s not even mentioning Clemson only scoring 25. They got out coached and beaten by a better team with better players outside of Lawrence.