Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

Well there’s basically a gag order in place for the Spence camp and the only public information that has been put out is “No broken bones.” But anyone who has been in a serious accident can tell you that there’s a lot more to worry about than just broken bones.
I live in Desoto and what you haven’t heard about is concussions, soft tissue damage, vertebrae issues, vision problems, severe headaches, substance abuse and mental health concerns.

Thank God he’s alive and will recover but he may never be able to be box again due to the health risk. Think of our players like AR & Malik who had to retire from football from one hit; Spence was slammed out of a flipping Ferrari while in a drunken stupor. But don’t take my word for it - listen to Bob:

That’s terrible. What’s the story on substance abuse and mental issues? Sounds like he has a drinking problem. Some people just can’t drink.

Advertisement
That’s terrible. What’s the story on substance abuse and mental issues? Sounds like he has a drinking problem. Some people just can’t drink.
Spence had a history of getting slizzard long before his meteoric rise to fame. The alcohol/weed use has been on full display and there are ‘rumors’ of extensive PED use which creates a pattern of habit forming behavior. The pressure of success along with everything related to the accident (timing, perception, recovery) has a compounding effect.

The last thing we heard publicly from Errol was “I give up”, there’s a lot of speculation but folks here - who really idolize Spence - say it’s wishful thinking that he will return to the ring at this point. We’ll see.

Spence had a history of getting slizzard long before his meteoric rise to fame. The alcohol/weed use has been on full display and there are ‘rumors’ of extensive PED use which creates a pattern of habit forming behavior. The pressure of success along with everything related to the accident (timing, perception, recovery) has a compounding effect.

The last thing we heard publicly from Errol was “I give up”, there’s a lot of speculation but folks here - who really idolize Spence - say it’s wishful thinking that he will return to the ring at this point. We’ll see.
That’s unfortunate. Now he has a bunch of money with nothing to do. (Since he can’t box) That’s the perfect recipe for a disaster waiting to happen with substance abuse.

Last edited:
For the Spence fans: He’s making public appearances now, has been seen out at church, restaurants and hooping at the gym. Rumor has it that he has started training in the boxing gym and is looking to fight late spring/early summer.

I’m still a little skeptical on the timeline for a boxing return but people who have seen him said he looks good phyiscally with no obvious signs of injury. I hope he can get back to 100% and face Bud - I got my money on Crawford if they ever face off.

Advertisement
Chavez Jr. is a ***** and needs to change his name. Was it a broken hand, nose or what? @Dr.L.ThugU
What a disaster that was. Holy ****. The guy is such a disgrace. Shows up overweight. Refuses to drug test. Quits......again. To make matters worse, he showed with his hair dyed blond with blue highlights.I don’t even know what you call that hairstyle. Sr was embarrassed. That’s probably the last time we see Chavez Jr.
39B97AFD-A2E1-46F9-8F7B-BB6820AC3DBA.jpeg

Last edited:
For the Spence fans: He’s making public appearances now, has been seen out at church, restaurants and hooping at the gym. Rumor has it that he has started training in the boxing gym and is looking to fight late spring/early summer.

I’m still a little skeptical on the timeline for a boxing return but people who have seen him said he looks good phyiscally with no obvious signs of injury. I hope he can get back to 100% and face Bud - I got my money on Crawford if they ever face off.
They're going to be interviewing Spence at the Charlo fight this evening. Looking forward to hearing what he has to say.

Advertisement

PED use is rampant in boxing, so that is no surprise. I have heard about him having a drinking problem though, that is a big issue.

Chavez jr...got punked the fvck up.....then tried to say he was getting hit with elbows and cheapshots...GTFOH
Dude is softer than pudding...Ole bytch ***.

Have you ever seen the 24/7 episode where Chavez sleeps through practice, wakes up at like 6 pm, calls Roach up tells him he is going to skip practice that day, has a bowl of lucky charms, then just does mitts with his boy in his living room as his training session(while ignoring all the tips his father gave him).

Have you ever seen the 24/7 episode where Chavez sleeps through practice, wakes up at like 6 pm, calls Roach up tells him he is going to skip practice that day, has a bowl of lucky charms, then just does mitts with his boy in his living room as his training session(while ignoring all the tips his father gave him).
Brooooo...is this for real? Did he do all this in front of senior? Please tell me no...
:snoopfacepalm:

Advertisement
Brooooo...is this for real? Did he do all this in front of senior? Please tell me no...
:snoopfacepalm:

Bro. I wish I had the video. This is no exaggeration.

It cuts to Roach, who is looking at his watch."he should have been here 2 hours ago"
then it cuts to Chavez house its dark now. Chavez is just waking up, goes down in his underwear , pours bowl of lucky charms eats it, goes for a swim, then calls roach "sorry I slept, couldn't make it to practice, will see you tomorrow". Then he goes and shadow boxes and pad work, in basketball sneakers, in his living room. Sr tells him what to do, and he just ignores it.

Bro. I wish I had the video. This is no exaggeration.

It cuts to Roach, who is looking at his watch."he should have been here 2 hours ago"
then it cuts to Chavez house its dark now. Chavez is just waking up, goes down in his underwear , pours bowl of lucky charms eats it, goes for a swim, then calls roach "sorry I slept, couldn't make it to practice, will see you tomorrow". Then he goes and shadow boxes and pad work, in basketball sneakers, in his living room. Sr tells him what to do, and he just ignores it.
I can't...how was Senior not ****ed off so bad to whip his sorry *** in his own living room. SMH.....
Like Freddy Roach doesnt have other real deal boxers who want to train....
That fvcker deserved for his fans to literally throw trash on him after a fight.

I can't...how was Senior not ****ed off so bad to whip his sorry *** in his own living room. SMH.....
Like Freddy Roach doesnt have other real deal boxers who want to train....
That fvcker deserved for his fans to literally throw trash on him after a fight.

**** ya bro. I remember watching it and I was in shock. His dad was straight up saying "do this, do this" and chavez straight up ignored him. He wasn't even doing pads with Roach lmao. It was like his boy holding the pads. He was literally in Jordans and not the RJJ jordan boxing shoes. It was straight up basketball shoes with the big heel and everything lmao.

It was on the HBO 24/7 Martinez vs Chavez Jr episode 1 or 2.

Advertisement
**** ya bro. I remember watching it and I was in shock. His dad was straight up saying "do this, do this" and chavez straight up ignored him. He wasn't even doing pads with Roach lmao. It was like his boy holding the pads. He was literally in Jordans and not the RJJ jordan boxing shoes. It was straight up basketball shoes with the big heel and everything lmao.

It was on the HBO 24/7 Martinez vs Chavez Jr episode 1 or 2.
Bro thanks for looking out and giving me the info. Will look for it....I have a feeling it will **** me off beyond belief.

Advertisement
Back