Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
Man, its starting to feel a little fat out there. I am going to start paring back selectively and where I am now overweight/ highly profitable.

SOME CONTEXT … BLOOMBERG’S @SarahPonczek: “November @markets so far: Dow up 13%, passes 30k, best month since 1987. Russell 2000 up 20%, best month EVER. S&P energy up 37%, best month EVER. S&P financials up 19%, best month since 2009. S&P industrials up 18%, best month EVER.”
Been lurking on here for a while. Started going heavy on BTC....

Took your advice on VFF at $5.60 (nice) and on Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL), so far so good. Just bought a few hundred shares of LPTX....

Thanks for the insight, truly appreciated.

Man, its starting to feel a little fat out there. I am going to start paring back selectively and where I am now overweight/ highly profitable.

SOME CONTEXT … BLOOMBERG’S @SarahPonczek: “November @markets so far: Dow up 13%, passes 30k, best month since 1987. Russell 2000 up 20%, best month EVER. S&P energy up 37%, best month EVER. S&P financials up 19%, best month since 2009. S&P industrials up 18%, best month EVER.”
Made 60% on XPENG in 10 days. Then shorted it for another 8%. Now out.

I'm in the S&P and small caps and enjoying this year end rally. 🍻

My pleasure.

What did you buy TPL at? I am kicking myself for not buying even more in the low $400's. That was a gift. It's up to $636 today. I am sure you saw they just declared a $10 per share special dividend too. Their best days are ahead of them when the C-corp transition is done. Sure it's an energy play, but its also a water play, a massive RE play... and more.

I am really bullish on LPTX and have been adding and adding at current prices. It's a #NOWNOWNOW call.

Go Canes.
I remember you mentioning TPL and forgot about it.

I am thinking I will pull some out of VGT tech ETF and move it into financials. Banks, delta, energy stocks have started to move in the last couple of weeks.

Advertisement
My pleasure.

What did you buy TPL at? I am kicking myself for not buying even more in the low $400's. That was a gift. It's up to $636 today. I am sure you saw they just declared a $10 per share special dividend too. Their best days are ahead of them when the C-corp transition is done. Sure it's an energy play, but its also a water play, a massive RE play... and more.

I am really bullish on LPTX and have been adding and adding at current prices. It's a #NOWNOWNOW call.

Go Canes.
Got TPL at 473, couple of shares. Didn’t know there was a dividend but I did some research and yea, like you said, they’re a lot of things. Don’t altogether understand all of it but they’re the biggest private landowners in Texas so that’s a good deal.
If you say, then I gotta add a bit more LPTX. I also looked at MedAvail and their crazy prescription machines. Not sure what to make of it. Go Canes.

My pleasure.

Go Canes.
Okay looking at LPTX. Any update.

Advertisement
Everywhere I read the experts say buy.
I’m waiting for this to be the next meme stock that explodes. I had always been a value investor. These valuations and rapid growth of some of these stocks recently has ****ed me up in how I always evaluated a company. It feels like the tech bubble, but there is still so much cash on the sideline, people not moving into bonds with age due to interest rates, and money being pumped out.

I did buy some Rocket today. It hasn’t moved but it is making money, simplifies the mortgage process, had $1b in stock buyback authorized, will be a lot of home sales this spring/summer post covid, and I can see it being merged into or acquired by one of the banks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
$20.79 at the open, I took some off to book profit.

This trade is up 131%. In 11 days.

#nownownow
I've followed the markets for years and it's rare to see someone have as many "hits" on their stock calls as you have. It's usually luck for people, but you seem to have really honed in on something. Keep up the good work. Hope I didn't put the Kibosh on you.

Advertisement
Back