Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

I have found a relatively easy way to make money in the market. Youwon't get the highest returns possible, but your risk is very low and your returns will be steady: Amazon.
I don't have all my money in Amazon because there is this pest in my head that keeps telling me to diversify. But the reality is that Amazon has won at the game of life. And they will keep winning. And they are so big that if another company does something well, Amazon can copy and do it better. Or they can buy the other company. Amazon is well positioned to win whether there is a virus or not. All the virus has done is accelerate Amazon's victory.
you can buy all the FAANG stocks if you want more diversification, but Amazon is as sure a bet as we've ever seen

Advertisement
Sometimes the best stock investments are right in front of everyone's nose - not always, but you've certainly pointed out a fine one.

Some of its friends in your acronym (since Wall St. loves their goofy acronyms) are also obviously of a nice quality.

One of the very first things individual stock investors should do is look at the stock chart.

If the company has never produced, why do you think it'll magically start producing for you? It could for a number of reasons, but you'd better know prior to investing.

On the other hand, if the stock chart shows that the company has almost always produced, then you could be on to something.

Lots of other variables to consider, but AMZN certainly passes that test. And others.

I have found a relatively easy way to make money in the market. Youwon't get the highest returns possible, but your risk is very low and your returns will be steady: Amazon.
I don't have all my money in Amazon because there is this pest in my head that keeps telling me to diversify. But the reality is that Amazon has won at the game of life. And they will keep winning. And they are so big that if another company does something well, Amazon can copy and do it better. Or they can buy the other company. Amazon is well positioned to win whether there is a virus or not. All the virus has done is accelerate Amazon's victory.
you can buy all the FAANG stocks if you want more diversification, but Amazon is as sure a bet as we've ever seen

Sometimes the best stock investments are right in front of everyone's nose - not always, but you've certainly pointed out a fine one.

Some of its friends in your acronym (since Wall St. loves their goofy acronyms) are also obviously of a nice quality.

One of the very first things individual stock investors should do is look at the stock chart.

If the company has never produced, why do you think it'll magically start producing for you? It could for a number of reasons, but you'd better know prior to investing.

On the other hand, if the stock chart shows that the company has almost always produced, then you could be on to something.

Lots of other variables to consider, but AMZN certainly passes that test. And others.
I agree with you. Everyone hopes to hit it big by discovering a company just as it was starting its ascension. And that type of lucky buy may happen 1-2 times in a lifetime of longterm investing. But there is nothing wrong from an investment perspective in finding a good company and riding that stock. So maybe you don't get 20-30% returns per year with the FAANG stocks. But you'll almost assuredly beat the overall market and I'm confident you'll get 10%, and some years you'll be closer to 20%. We would take that deal almost anywhere else with passive income.

Eventually for all the reasons you listed politicians will attemp to break up their monopoly.

Amazon and Apple.

I can literally retire because of those two stocks.

Advertisement
I have been selling some Apple lately. Feel like it has gotten too high in the short term. But I agree Amazon and Apple are two companies that appear very well positioned to be dominant forces for the rest of my lifetime.

I can understand why you would sell Apple. Shlt, it seems like it hits a new 52-week high almost every day. There is no right or wrong. Because the future is almost impossible to predict.

Don’t know if you get into technical analysis that much and it’s kind of funny if you look at all the numbers and try to let them marinate, but look at the PE value for Amazon versus Apple. You can still make the argument that Apple is still a value stock based on PE alone, but of course it’s never as simple as all that. PE value can be one of the most misleading ratios used in the stock market, but it does provide some information to help one make decisions. It’s just a matter of what kind of weight you give to it in relation to all the other factors.

So **** expensive.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Got that and some bags of below. Mix of silver and gold miners/streamers

Gdx
Wpm
Gdxj
Nem
Gold
Iag
Mta
Mag
Silv
Fnv
Rgld
Slvp
Goau
Aem
Silj
Kl
Sand
Ag
Paas
good mixture but im all in on jnug look at 2016 when gold went up 30% where jnug was. now gold at 2500 plus those numbers are possible again

I can understand why you would sell Apple. Shlt, it seems like it hits a new 52-week high almost every day. There is no right or wrong. Because the future is almost impossible to predict.

Don’t know if you get into technical analysis that much and it’s kind of funny if you look at all the numbers and try to let them marinate, but look at the PE value for Amazon versus Apple. You can still make the argument that Apple is still a value stock based on PE alone, but of course it’s never as simple as all that. PE value can be one of the most misleading ratios used in the stock market, but it does provide some information to help one make decisions. It’s just a matter of what kind of weight you give to it in relation to all the other factors.

Sorry to be direct, but making a case that AAPL is a value stock by comparing it to the PE of AMZN is one of the most reckless things I've read in this thread. That's like saying that playing drunken craps at a Caribbean craps table is safe by comparing it to actually burning your money in a fire.

AMZN is a massive, maybe all-time outlier when you consider its market cap and PE (which has been, and continues to be through the roof). Using it as a baseline for what is or isn't a value stock is absurd. It's literally the MOST absurd example you could have used. Unless you're trying to lose money on purpose. Then you're killing it.

If you are trying to figure out if something is under-valued or over-valued strictly via PE, for gods sake, as least, as a START, so my eyes don't bleed, compare it to the S&P PE, not AMZN lol. And if you want to be ahead of the High School stock clubs, start to examine PE by sector. I won't even get into forward PE and guidance.

And yes, there is "right" and "wrong." The market is unforgiving and absolute. There are no participation trophies. If you make more money doing this thing, then if you did the other thing, you were right. And visa versa.

"There is no right or wrong" is what people who make thoughtless uneducated mistakes in the market tell themselves to feel better when they can't sleep.

Sorry to be direct, but making a case that AAPL is a value stock by comparing it to the PE of AMZN is one of the most reckless things I've read in this thread. That's like saying that playing drunken craps at a Caribbean craps table is safe by comparing it to actually burning your money in a fire.

AMZN is a massive, maybe all-time outlier when you consider its market cap and PE (which has been, and continues to be through the roof). Using it as a baseline for what is or isn't a value stock is absurd. It's literally the MOST absurd example you could have used. Unless you're trying to lose money on purpose. Then you're killing it.

If you are trying to figure out if something is under-valued or over-valued strictly via PE, for gods sake, as least, as a START, so my eyes don't bleed, compare it to the S&P PE, not AMZN lol. And if you want to be ahead of the High School stock clubs, start to examine PE by sector. I won't even get into forward PE and guidance.

And yes, there is "right" and "wrong." The market is unforgiving and absolute. There are no participation trophies. If you make more money doing this thing, then if you did the other thing, you were right. And visa versa.

"There is no right or wrong" is what people who make thoughtless uneducated mistakes in the market tell themselves to feel better when they can't sleep.

Hey look, it’s my stalker.

What a silly word salad that response is.

That particular poster and I were having a generalized discussion regarding two stocks. But you’re so anxious to try to make me look bad that you’ve taken what was very a very generalized discussion, with no actual buy or sell recommendations, and tried to turn it around and make me look bad. You failed.

Here‘s my return, on my investment account, for the last twelve months, my little stalker girl. I blacked out the totals for modesty’s sake.

57AAFC28-D08B-4F4E-8D84-13C341499EB7.jpeg

Poke the bear and get your armed ripped off, my dear.

Go back to your third grade calculations on how many college football players are going die from Covid. It might be even less stupid than your most recent post. But not likely.

But whatever you decide to do, stop stalking me.

Also, “visa versa” LMFAOOOOO

Don’t ruin this thread by making it into a personal vendetta just because I made you look bad in another thread.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hey look, it’s my stalker.

What a silly word salad that response is.

That particular poster and I were having a generalized discussion regarding two stocks. But you’re so anxious to try to make me look bad that you’ve taken what was very a very generalized discussion, with no actual buy or sell recommendations, and tried to turn it around and make me look bad. You failed.

Here‘s my return, on my investment account, for the last twelve months, my little stalker girl. I blacked out the totals for modesty’s sake.

View attachment 119776

Poke the bear and get your armed ripped off, my dear.

Go back to your third grade calculations on how many college football players are going die from Covid. It might be even less stupid than your most recent post. But not likely.

But whatever you decide to do, stop stalking me.

Also, “visa versa” LMFAOOOOO

Don’t ruin this thread by making it into a personal vendetta just because I made you look bad in another thread.
Put him on ignore if he’s annoying.

@AlixCane , please don’t be this guy:

372AB225-383C-4AE4-935C-6CF5FA64E8D9.gif

26 page long thread, hundreds of experts on CIS thats purportedly crushing the stockmarket, and Originalcanecane is the only person to post screenshots of gains.

Post screenshots of your buys and gains, folks. That’s very easy to do, especially since 99% of the folks in this thread is crushing the market

26 page long thread, hundreds of experts on CIS thats purportedly crushing the stockmarket, and Originalcanecane is the only person to post screenshots of gains.

Post screenshots of your buys and gains, folks. That’s very easy to do, especially since 99% of the folks in this thread is crushing the market

it’s not much but up 100%

Attachments

• 19D479E8-E24C-4862-8C90-1A1267538FA0.png
    19D479E8-E24C-4862-8C90-1A1267538FA0.png
    306.1 KB · Views: 44

You could very well make the argument that Apple is a value stock relative to FAANG/Tech based upon recent history (5Y) and forward guidance. At this stage, it's probably more worthwhile to compare Apple's PE/forward PE (quarter out to yr out) against its 5Y Avg. PE for example. I'd be surprised to see Apple's PE trade much higher than it has since 2015ish. No point in even comparing Apple v. Amazon, different business model, margins, growth prospects.

Advertisement
Back