Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

they are going to make some people rich that play it right. you should consider at least some mining companies

You’re right I probably should. But when I’m not as familiar with the subject as I am with other subjects, it makes me more hesitant and less confident. I mean I know the basics about gold, silver and platinum, especially gold, and the way it might move in times of volatility and uncertainty. But that’s just a kind of general knowledge I have. I’m a lot more knowledgeable in other areas in which I feel more comfortable

Advertisement
What are the short term growth prospects for VFF (no pun intended)?

Lol well played. I gave a big summary a few pages back... I think instead of being someone who just blabs, blabs, blabs and won't back up their words like some, I'll just let you know I've even been trying to get a deal on the Jan '21 $8 calls (I own a **** ton of the $5 at .75 and some $6 too), but I can't get a reasonable price on the $8 to make the value work right now. But I am watching them. I think that says it all.

I am expecting lots of news catalysts before the end of the year. I've bought the common from $2.94 all the way up too $5.15 and I own 3 different calls and sold two different puts.

If Biden is elected stay out of oil and gas and AOC his supposed energy czar is after fragging, natural gas and coal extraction. This is estimated will result in 4 to 5 dollar per gallon of gasoline in 2 years. A huge effect on consumer prices as that cost will be passed on and the economy will slow to a crawl. Biden has adopted much of Sanders economic platform that is similar to AOC. Many businesses will not pull out of China as they have been contemplating and some have done. A number are on the fence will reinvest due to little emphasis from the government to divorce themselves from the Chinese market as the tax cuts for them to come back to the US will be dropped.
All this recent 3 trillion borrowing for the virus will have further government borrowing heaped on it and with a slow economy business investment will be extremely low in the US.
Automation in the fast food/restaurant sector has been developing rapidly and the costs have dropped exponentially. Many fast food restaurants can purchase automated robots for now 35k that are amazing in what they can do. I see where these machines will replace the demands for $15 per hour those workers are demanding. The machines do not cost health insurance, do not get sick, do not have to have workers compensation paid on them, they can be depreciated off on taxes as capital investment and they do not bring frivolous law suits against their employers.

If Trump is elected the stocks that emphasize aircraft manufacturing (Ie: Military) will go up, research and medical stocks look good. Oil and gas look good as economy will grow and get back to normal via virus vaccine later this year or early next year. The travel industry with a growing economy will get back on its feet.

Last edited:
I think WORK could be an interesting one.

Public for only around a year.

I like the founder running the company.

Largely recession and pandemic resistant.

In fact, it's in one of the spaces which could ultimately benefit long-term after the Wuhan virus (hopefully) disappears.

Market cap still isn't too large at under $20 B, so there's room for growth for years if it produces.

Still hard to say who the winners will be in its niche, but there are far worse companies out their than Slack.

Agree on all fronts. FYI I bought more WORK today @ $31.59 - it's under $31 right now in afters if you're interested.

I meant to circle back on this, sorry. Slack is competing with MS Teams, Jabber, Workplace etc. Just gaining traction now and I’m going to keep accumulating more to build a position. I really like them for a continuation WFH play and beyond. I think we have a shot to re-test the highs in the next 4-6 months. I use the platform a bit, and I know a LOT of others who do. Adoption seems strong. Might be a bigger long term play going on here. Q3 earnings will tell us a lot more.

Advertisement
If Biden is elected stay out of oil and gas and AOC his supposed energy czar is after fragging, natural gas and coal extraction. This is estimated will result in 4 to 5 dollar per gallon of gasoline in 2 years. A huge effect on consumer prices as that cost will be passed on and the economy will slow to a crawl. Biden has adopted much of Sanders economic platform that is similar to AOC. Many businesses will not pull out of China as they have been contemplating and some have done. A number are on the fence will reinvest due to little emphasis from the government to divorce themselves from the Chinese market as the tax cuts for them to come back to the US will be dropped.
All this recent 3 trillion borrowing for the virus will have further government borrowing heaped on it and with a slow economy business investment will be extremely low in the US.
Automation in the fast food/restaurant sector has been developing rapidly and the costs have dropped exponentially. Many fast food restaurants can purchase automated robots for now 35k that are amazing in what they can do. I see where these machines will replace the demands for $15 per hour those workers are demanding. The machines do not cost health insurance, do not get sick, do not have to have workers compensation paid on them, they can be depreciated off on taxes as capital investment and they do not bring frivolous law suits against their employers.

If Trump is elected the stocks that emphasize aircraft manufacturing (Ie: Military) will go up, research and medical stocks look good. Oil and gas look good as economy will grow and get back to normal via virus vaccine later this year or early next year. The travel industry with a growing economy will get back on its feet.

This is the kind of 10,000 foot view I look for everywhere, whether you agree with it or not, this is the way we need to be thinking to try to look at the big picture and determine a general strategy for investment

Where’s the poster with the TSLA position.

Nice call...it happened - they reported a profit

597F3DDC-8B5A-4F5F-94F2-62B4537B0F50.jpeg

Flying after hours. BOOM!

Advertisement

Fracking ? Have you done any research on the industry? It's been dangerously over leveraged from the start and almost no one has turned a profit. The pioneer of fracking Chesapeake energy just filed bankruptcy last month. There is no $$ in fracking or coal they are dead industries and no amount of legislation can save them. The GDP never grew under Trump, the unemployment went down because we cut corporate taxes and didn't cut spending. It's really simple economics. When you spend 1.3 trillion more than you take in you create "zombie" jobs.

1.3 trillion per year = 20 million jobs at $65,000 a year salary or 40 million jobs at $32,500 a year salary.

NO PRESIDENT OR PARTY IS CREATING ANYTHING SUSTAINABLE TILL THE SPENDING IS IN CHECK.

Just never really been into the metals other than a little gold. Don’t know why, they just don’t fire up my imagination

I work for a large scrap metal company trading house so it was a natural move for me. Precious metals are very niche and cyclical. When they're hot they're hot, and if you know what you're doing the trends are really easy to get a head of and very predictable. When mines are built to sustain themselves at cost around 1200$ gold and gold runs 50% it's straight to the bottom line, exploration, and acquisition. It's really shooting fish in a barrel at this point.

Advertisement
I don’t trade like that.

First of all, that’s a small trade for me, second of all, I could go 100% cash, right now, and kill what you make the next 5 years (at least) with what I’ve made so far in 7 months, when I set my six month strategy in December 2019.

You’re a little chihuahua snapping at a Doberman.

A few people around here know I don’t lie and I don’t bullshlt.

Ok, biz is handled for the day. Where were we last night? Oh right, you're the doberman and I'm a chihuahua and you were saying you could beat my next 5 years of return with your PAST ( :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg: ) 7 months. So this should be easy for you. Let's find out if you're anything more than a big mouth BS artist.

Are you going to man up and answer the call? Or are you going to hide behind the skirt of your made up, BS, manipulated returns your advisor got for you that made up for about half the stupid investments you've made over the years.

What? I'm full of shlt? Grow a pair, and prove it. You've finally been called out by the guy you stalked and insulted 1000x. You think you're a bully, but you're in over your head. Can't wait to hear you cry about how you're being exposed in 3, 2, 1....

Ok, biz is handled for the day. Where were we last night? Oh right, you're the doberman and I'm a chihuahua and you were saying you could beat my next 5 years of return with your PAST ( :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg: ) 7 months. So this should be easy for you. Let's find out if you're anything more than a big mouth BS artist.

Are you going to man up and answer the call? Or are you going to hide behind the skirt of your made up, BS, manipulated returns your advisor got for you that made up for about half the stupid investments you've made over the years.

What? I'm full of shlt? Grow a pair, and prove it. You've finally been called out by the guy you stalked and insulted 1000x. You think you're a bully, but you're in over your head. Can't wait to hear you cry about how you're being exposed in 3, 2, 1....

A hit dog will holler. LOL

Fool, give it up, you’re embarrassing yourself.

Anyone that has read my posts here knows exactly how I invest. Also I can assure you that there will be people here at this site, that will vouch for my credibility - my returns are very real.

That is a real document that I screenshot.

What? You’ve never heard of somebody making 80 or 90% over a 12 month period. It’s not unheard of. Maybe for you it is. But not for me. I’m sure there are lots of people that make bigger returns than that even over a year.

You’re starting to sound desperate and pathetic. I suggest you quit before you continue to make a complete fool out of yourself. You’re definitely getting emotionally unhinged. Give it up. Take the L and move on.

A hit dog will holler. LOL

Fool, give it up, you’re embarrassing yourself.

Anyone that has read my posts here knows exactly how I invest. Also I can assure you that there will be people here at this site, that will vouch for my credibility - my returns are very real.

That is a real document that I screenshot.

What? You’ve never heard of somebody making 80 or 90% over a 12 month period. It’s not unheard of. Maybe for you it is. But not for me. I’m sure there are lots of people that make bigger returns than that even over a year.

You’re starting to sound desperate and pathetic. I suggest you quit before you continue to make a complete fool out of yourself. You’re definitely getting emotionally unhinged. Give it up. Take the L and move on.

:noidea:

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 6.27.36 PM.png

#dead

Now STFU about past returns and man up.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fracking ? Have you done any research on the industry? It's been dangerously over leveraged from the start and almost no one has turned a profit. The pioneer of fracking Chesapeake energy just filed bankruptcy last month. There is no $$ in fracking or coal they are dead industries and no amount of legislation can save them. The GDP never grew under Trump, the unemployment went down because we cut corporate taxes and didn't cut spending. It's really simple economics. When you spend 1.3 trillion more than you take in you create "zombie" jobs.

1.3 trillion per year = 20 million jobs at $65,000 a year salary or 40 million jobs at $32,500 a year salary.

NO PRESIDENT OR PARTY IS CREATING ANYTHING SUSTAINABLE TILL THE SPENDING IS IN CHECK.
Fracking’ s problem is that OPEC can always produce oil cheaper and can effectively put the frackers out of business by increaing supply thereby driving down the price and making it too expensive to frack. And because all the frackers are so heavily leveraged, they can’t handle oil Prices below their break even point for any period of time. Hence the early bankruptcies and closures of operations.

Fracking’ s problem is that OPEC can always produce oil cheaper and can effectively put the frackers out of business by increaing supply thereby driving down the price and making it too expensive to frack. And because all the frackers are so heavily leveraged, they can’t handle oil Prices below their break even point for any period of time. Hence the early bankruptcies and closures of operations.

Always is a long time.

Advertisement
Back