Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

If you are going to go FAANG or big cap/brand name I like Netflix more than the others you mentioned, AT THESE PRICES. Though Disney and MSFT wouldn't be bad buys either, for long term plays. Tesla is a little rich right now IMO.

I am always wrong on AMZN, I've said don't buy it a hundred times and I've been wrong 100 times, so I disqualify myself from commenting there:).

I take back my NFLX note. I dug in a little and think it will come down a good bit. Too rich at this price.

Advertisement
Can someone explain to a knuckle dagger the S&P 500 and NASDAQ. I recently just took my first venture into the stock market... bought 6 shares of Amazon at 2600 and cant complain, but I'd like to diversify. I'm thinking Disney, Tesla and Microsoft but dont know what else. Should I just buy 3 more shares of amazon? I have about 10k disposable to invest
Get a subscription to IBD (Investor's Business Daily). Well worth the money.

Stick to gold and gold stocks and etf. A crash will happen. Death cross cane on the US dollar. **** will implode. And if you don’t think it won’t. How is your grocery bill doing. Mines up.

Advertisement
Can someone explain to a knuckle dagger the S&P 500 and NASDAQ. I recently just took my first venture into the stock market... bought 6 shares of Amazon at 2600 and cant complain, but I'd like to diversify. I'm thinking Disney, Tesla and Microsoft but dont know what else. Should I just buy 3 more shares of amazon? I have about 10k disposable to invest

Standard & Poors "500" is an index of 500 large companies traded on any US-based stock exchange. There are many who believe its just those listed on NYSE--not true. Also, unlike some other indexes (looking at ya Russell 100), SP 500 inclusion is decided by committee vs strict "a+b = c" rule sets. For all intents and purposed, "the world" considers SP 500 as "the US stock market".

NASDAQ is a US based exchange (kinda branded as "new economy") and rival to NYSE.

Rec:

ET @ $6.40

Almost 20% DIV at that price and I think the share price is going up significantly over the next 12-18 months. Anyone else want to throw their best ideas out and keep track? Let's give each other all $100,000 of MiamiMoney to play with. And see where we are on July 1, 2021.

So in summary, my "CIS portfolio" recommendations to date are:

Buy 100 Jan 21 VFF $6 call contracts at $1 (-$10,000)
Sell 100 Jan 21 VFF $4 put contracts at $1.05 (+$10,500)
(Remember, buying those two together actually PAID out .05 per share and we still have the upside on the calls)
Buy 10,000 LPTX $1.93 (-$19,300)
Buy 3000 ET at $6.40 (-$19,200)

Cash on hand: $62,000

We are either going to Lugars or an angry weirdo will call me names. I'll be ok:)

Anyone up for the challenge?

A lot of things to like about this company.

A new-ishly public company (less than 3 years).

Good leadership (founder had originally come up with the technology behind the DVR player).

He's also a serial entrepreneur, so starting a company isn't a new thing for him.

Solid revenue growth.

Neutral platform aggregator.

Recession resistant.

In a niche that is less affected by the pandemic than many other businesses.

Capital light.

And so on.

I just got in ROKU

Advertisement
Rec:

ET @ $6.40

Almost 20% DIV at that price and I think the share price is going up significantly over the next 12-18 months. Anyone else want to throw their best ideas out and keep track? Let's give each other all $100,000 of MiamiMoney to play with. And see where we are on July 1, 2021.

(Remember, buying those two together actually PAID out .05 per share and we still have the upside on the calls)

We are either going to Lugars or an angry weirdo will call me names. I'll be ok:)

options. My head will spin.

Rec:

ET @ $6.40

wasn’t their something negative about ET this month ? Was it DUKE related?

Advertisement
wasn’t their something negative about ET this month ? Was it DUKE related?

Yep, the ruling against the Dakota pipeline. Which is why its down, and so attractive IMO. They are going to be fine, the dividend is gargantuan at these prices, and when they pop back up it will be significant. I took a significant position on the common, and the bonds.

options. My head will spin.

Oh man, just roll with me on this one. If you are approved for level 3 options, get a taste. Worse case scenario is you have to buy the stock of a great undervalued company that is superior to its competitors. Best case, and my best case thesis, is the common doubles and your options end up in the +700% range.

Last edited:
I am a firm believer in buying temporary drops due to missteps. Especially good companies.... Bausch and Lomb had eye drops that infected many. Health South had accounting problems, Chipotle had the bacteria... ALL easy gains if you buy after the fact...

Advertisement
I am a firm believer in buying temporary drops due to missteps. Especially good companies.... Bausch and Lomb had eye drops that infected many. Health South had accounting problems, Chipotle had the bacteria... ALL easy gains if you buy after the fact...

That's the current scenario with ET. $17B company, PE of 9, massive dividend, even more so because the price is temporarily depressed.

Stick to gold and gold stocks and etf. A crash will happen. Death cross cane on the US dollar. **** will implode. And if you don’t think it won’t. How is your grocery bill doing. Mines up.
When the S&P hits 3400 “head for the hills”

DKNG $30 calls with an 8/21 exp. Will find out tomorrow if I should have closed out Friday.

Advertisement
Back