Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Making an on the record rec:

The is the strategy I mentioned going back that has served me very, very well, and I found an opp. I am posting because I promised someone I would post if one came up and I keep my word.

Sell to open VFF 01/15/21 $4 puts at $1.05 at the open.

Buy to open VFF 01/15/21 $6 calls at $1 at the open.

After the transaction, you will have net been PAID $0.05 per "share" to own this strategy. If things go south your WORST case scenario is you end up net owning VFF shares at $3.95 to which I say, YES PLEASE ALL DAY, and how do I get as much as possible? I own a **** ton of the common, and I sell puts all the time to net lower basis. If you have to slide a nickel on each to fill, don't sweat it. You are still around breakeven. But getting net PAID on plays like this, even just a net nickel, feels great.

If things go well and the underlying stock goes where I think it will, the puts (which you sold short @ 1.05) will expire worthless, allowing you to keep the whole $1.05 premium, and the calls, which you will have been PAID to own, will do something very beautiful that you will like very, very much. If the stock goes to $8 (and I will be disappointed if that's where it goes to) you will have made around (guessing where the option will be) 40X+ on your 5 cent per share net investment, assuming the call goes to only $3. You can do your own math @ $10, etc. Getting things like this to work is how you murder.

Keep in mind that you need to have enough cash or margin availability to be able to buy the stock at $4 (100 shares per contract) so your brokerage is protected in case it goes down and you are forced to buy at $4 at expiration. Classic takes money to make money scenario.
Respect to the cat calling his shot.

We shall see how this ages on 15 Jan 21......

Advertisement
Update: Sizzler or shame. Let’s ride. Try to get $1.05 for the puts and buy the calls at .95 at the open and see if they hit, then adjust. .10 spread.
I don’t know anything but real estate so this is all way out of my realm. Do you trade this stuff yourself online or use someone?

I don’t know anything but real estate so this is all way out of my realm. Do you trade this stuff yourself online or use someone?

Me personally? Both. Anyone who doesn’t have someone minding the store isn’t doing themselves any favors.

In your self directed account you need to be approved for level 3 options.

This trade is on.

Also, smart man. The majority of my investments are real estate as well. It’s the keys to the kingdom. But I love me some options.

Advertisement
WING has already had a big run up, personally I would be out and look elsewhere.
ZYXI (I assume that is the symbol you meant)...same thing nice run-up, looks like it may stall here or pullback. Could buy if it continues higher above $26.

My 2 cents.
I'm looking to buy zyxi based on feedback from MD friends, solid management and their expansion plans. Any further insight you can provide. Appreciate your advice.

Advertisement
I don't short stocks, but if I did GNUS would be at the top of the list.
When it was in the 10’s yea. I bought yesterday at $2.25 it was too big of a pullback from the highs for me to pass on Sold most of it but still holding some same with Solo.

Yea that’s why the jump today. Monday gonna be interesting. CEO is gonna be on Cramer
They can have all the so called partnerships they want, but are any of them profitable? The only thing GNUS has done well is dilute existing shareholder value. Stay away and look out below.

They can have all the so called partnerships they want, but are any of them profitable? The only thing GNUS has done well is dilute existing shareholder value. Stay away and look out below.
We’ll see. I’m already up 60% holding some over the weekend. “Are any of them profitable” well that’s why the stock is 2-3$ not 30-40$ they are called speculative stocks for a reason lol. Shorting a speculative stock after it dropped from 12-2$ and has all the momentum now is just as silly as buying it when it was at 10$

Advertisement
I've been long on GNUS since 1.7.. Of course I wish I would've cashed out at 10 but maybe this Monday news will make up for it

We’ll see. I’m already up 60% holding some over the weekend. “Are any of them profitable” well that’s why the stock is 2-3$ not 30-40$ they are called speculative stocks for a reason lol. Shorting a speculative stock after it dropped from 12-2$ and has all the momentum now is just as silly as buying it when it was at 10$
Of course, I hear you. Hope you do well.

I don’t know how you have your 401k or IRA’s, Roth’s etc, set up, but you might want to start with that firm and talk to somewhere there that will walk you through it.

Years ago I opened a trading account with the same people doing my employer plans and found someone nice enough to walk me through. Had an open line to him and we spoke for months and months on different scenarios and working through different trades. Everyone needs a ton of help and hand holding with starting out, no shame in it at all. I’m good with numbers (undergrad degree) and finance (grad degree) and I absolutely went for 100% first grader help.

If they’re good they’ll ask you the right questions, determine your risk tolerance, and work with whatever capital you are willing to risk. It may sound like a mystery now, but it’s not as complicated as some people appear to make it. In a very simplified way, you’re basically buying insurance on a trade. But this stuff will become clearer to you if you have a guru walk you through it - and it doesn’t come all at once, but it comes.

Really dumb simple minded people make these kinds of trades, so obviously once you get used to the terminology and the actual concept of what you’re doing, it’ll make more sense. You’re probably a lot smarter than a lot of the people involved with this, if you have the capital and are willing to accept some risk, it’s an option for investing.

Advertisement
Have you ever thought that it doesn't really matter how many people are being tested...over 130,000 people have died. Not a joke, not a hoax.
How many people were infected and died from H1N1 in 09 🤔 how many were infected with the traditional flu in 2019 and died 🤔

Anybody got a pharmaceutical favorite that is corona vaccine related?
SRNE When it goes into phase one texting it should lock in above 9. When it goes to phase two I’m thinking 20/24 and three should bring a selling number if 75 for me. Take a shot. It’s the highest number of success rate, at 80%, of anything I’ve read about.

Advertisement
Back