Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
Quicken Loans is planning to go public, will be interesting to see how this goes

Advertisement
Fantastic. It's hard to make a good trade if you can't find anyone to make a bad one.

You aint kidding! The reality is that over 90% of retail options traders lose money on their trades, so I caution the vast majority here to not do them or to stick to covered calls. For those that are interested in diversifying their portfolios, a number of hedge funds that specialize in options trading have started mutual funds.

Advertisement
WHats your take.. Buying?

I’ll have to see more info but I would think I would buy and hold for short term profit. I can see the mortgage market taking a hit because of all the COVID stuff, may make people reluctant to move for a while

What trading service do you use?

Here are the ones I use.

Stockfetcher ($15 month)--I have limited coding ability but the beauty here is that the trading filters are freely shared on the forums. Dont waste your time looking for the holy grail like I did for years cause u wont find it but these filters can point you in the direction.

Chartmill-(Free with limited usage-full-service $30/month )Just started using these guys and they are great. Great place to find stocks with excellent risk reward ratios

Peter Brandt Factor Service (About $150 a year)-This guy will teach you about money management--That alone is worth a 100x the annual fee!
He is a twitter legend -has been trading for like 4 decades. Rarely uses technical indicators and is more into price action and recognizing chart patterns.

Stock Gumshoe 7$ a month. Real cool guy. Found me lots of hits. He dissects all those adds you see touting a big stock to hit but you have to buy their subscription. He breaks down all the clues and tells you the stock. His free part is solid too. He gave me Shopify and trade desk for free. Both up over 600% for me.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Here are the ones I use.

Stockfetcher ($15 month)--I have limited coding ability but the beauty here is that the trading filters are freely shared on the forums. Dont waste your time looking for the holy grail like I did for years cause u wont find it but these filters can point you in the direction.

Chartmill-(Free with limited usage-full-service $30/month )Just started using these guys and they are great. Great place to find stocks with excellent risk reward ratios

Peter Brandt Factor Service (About $150 a year)-This guy will teach you about money management--That alone is worth a 100x the annual fee!
He is a twitter legend -has been trading for like 4 decades. Rarely uses technical indicators and is more into price action and recognizing chart patterns.
Thanks for sharing the info.

I use the Madoff Market Maker.

Works like a charm - but you have to change where you live often.

Here are the ones I use.

This is awesome. Thank you!

Advertisement
If gold closes above 1795 this week lookout. Its price discovery mode after that.

Ive been positioning and researching for 15 months for this moment. So rewarding to see it play out.

If gold closes above 1795 this week lookout. Its price discovery mode after that.

Ive been positioning and researching for 15 months for this moment. So rewarding to see it play out.

Are you referring to the gold ETF GLD--Gold futures---or gold coins ? I ask because they are not trading in sync anymore like they use to.

Are you referring to the gold ETF GLD--Gold futures---or gold coins ? I ask because they are not trading in sync anymore like they use to.

Spot, physical, and futures always have gaps and they were certainly exasperated recently due to physical deliveries having logistical problems because of grounded flights and diff exchange requirements. (Comex only took 100oz bars and london deals in 400oz) some of those issues have been resolved and the gap is back to relative normalcy. Physical price i expect big premiums in the near future.

As far as charting is concerned i use futures for every commodity. In my obsevations precious metals only trade in sync when there is waining demand.

Last edited:
I picked a **** of a week to stop sniffing glue.
download (4).jpg

Advertisement
Back