Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

People are dying and that sucks. It's a bad flu season, right? 60,000 deaths per year from the flu, and we have under 80,000 deaths right now? What am I missing dude?

I just gotta..

Sheep.
Bro there's a lot of unknown with this novel virus. Is it worse than the flu... probably but it being new makes a big difference especially with fatalities. Diseases wiped out the Indian populations in the new world because the viruses were new to them and they had no antibodies.
But it ain't the end of the world... however, it's clear that politics is dictating how people perceive everything these days. The fact is the country can't continue to be locked down without major consequences… why can't everybody agree on that? Why... politics. It's pathetic.

Advertisement
Just buy Ray Dalio's all weather portfolio and sleep well for next 20 years.

If you are looking to make a quick buck, you won't.

Remember, long term W Buffet foot stomped all hedge funds brave (and proved to be foolish) enough to take his bet.

Dollar cost average buying indexes and rest easy.

Last edited:
People are dying and that sucks. It's a bad flu season, right? 60,000 deaths per year from the flu, and we have under 80,000 deaths right now? What am I missing dude?

I just gotta..

Sheep.
70 k and rising in 7 weeks despite lockdowns. The flu is measured in a 365 day death toll. That’s the difference in case you missed it. And that 365 day death toll is with people doing and going wherever TF they want.

Just buy Ray Dalio's all weather portfolio and sleep well for next 20 years.

If you are looking to make a quick buck, you won't.

Remember, long term W Buffet foot stomped all hedge funds brave enough to take his bet.

Dollar cost average buying indexes and rest easy.

Ray Dalio x 100

Advertisement
Advertisement
Keeping it in for now?

Absolutely. Just moved it all to less aggressive. It’ll come back. It DJIA closed today over 24. Up 6 from the bottom. The large cap is better suited to ride out volatility. Maybe someone has better advice but I suggest moving to large cap equity and a large cap growth. Let it ride out and then look into the more aggressive funds down the road.

What the **** is going on indeed. 30 million unemployed. And thousands more jobs being hemorrhaged by the day. How do you argue that this whole rally isn't Fed induced? They're printing like crazy and doing everything in their power to prop this ship up. I'm just buying gold and silver.
The rally is c0mpletely fed induced.
In my opinion what is occurring is that the market is betting that the Fed will keep everything artificially afloat until such time as there is a vaccine and then the free market can step back in and resurrect the economy in reality. But this Fed fueled economy is an illusion.
its one thing for average people to lose their money, it’s another thing altogether for wall street millionaires to lose their money.
the market will likely vaccinate in a 3-5 percent range for the next 6 months. Earnings reports will result in short term panic and selling. But in the long run the market will not rise back to 29,000 until the real economy restarts.

Bitcoin says hold my beer

I bought some BTC in April 2017 when it was like 1600$. I bought 200$ just to play with after my friends constant nagging. Immediately transferred it to bittrex and started trading altcoins. By December 2017 i had only deposited another 750$ and turned a total of 950$ into 65k. My buddy who had started a few months before me turned 250$ into 180k. What a ride lol. And no i didn't get off the ride at peak fun lol.

Love to hear people's opinions...

A. What the **** is going on? This thing should be tanking

B. What are you looking at or buying? Or are you in all cash...

Have 10%-50% cash position. Diversify the rest.

Advertisement
Biggest hoax ever.

I just keep dropping these nuggets all over this site:

NY has 19 million people and 20000 COVID deaths
Florida has 20 million people and 1200 deaths

Sounds like CuHomo is padding the numbers for those federal dollaz.

AND, little CNN Cuomo is on TV sounds like David Koresh: "Imagine what you would lose going back to work. Look at all that you have gained"..

bro...
This is not a hoax, I know several people who have died from corona. My brother wife has it, her dad,several friends and my wife’s grandfather who raised her passed from it. This is very serious, My sister In Law works at MD Anderson as a MD and their hospital is full. When my grandfather in law was in the hospital, he passed away and we couldn’t even say bye to him. This is not a hoax and it is very serious. I live in Houston TX, and it appears numbers continue to rise.

I’m not they experience in buying stocks. However I have been investing in Mutual funds for years. Lately I have been buying stocks. I just researched companies to look at their financial stability, if that company was around when I was a kid and if I see them being around for my kids. There are a lot of companies deeply discounted, pick your choice, I especially looked for companies affected by corona virus. I have a long term view. I bought airlines, Boeing, Disney, Starbucks, cruiselines, discover, etf DFEN, Inhave my eyes on more too. I will only buy individual stocks in times like we are in now at their low point. My wife mother bought carnival cruise at 55 a stock I bought at 9. She very upset. People think March lows will hit again but I don’t think so. The only way it hits March lows is if we get a 2nd wave of corona and Deaths double . If we have a 2nd wave we still may not hit March lows. That’s my opinion

Advertisement
I’m not they experience in buying stocks. However I have been investing in Mutual funds for years. Lately I have been buying stocks. I just researched companies to look at their financial stability, if that company was around when I was a kid and if I see them being around for my kids. There are a lot of companies deeply discounted, pick your choice, I especially looked for companies affected by corona virus. I have a long term view. I bought airlines, Boeing, Disney, Starbucks, cruiselines, discover, etf DFEN, Inhave my eyes on more too. I will only buy individual stocks in times like we are in now at their low point. My wife mother bought carnival cruise at 55 a stock I bought at 9. She very upset. People think March lows will hit again but I don’t think so. The only way it hits March lows is if we get a 2nd wave of corona and Deaths double . If we have a 2nd wave we still may not hit March lows. That’s my opinion
I bought discover too...

Cryptocurrency digital assets

Bitcoin halving coming may 12th

Huge bull run coming soon

Buy ****load of coins mainly on coinbase (mainly xrp xlm link eth zrx atom xtz )

Go to crypto.com buy a ****load of cardano vechain enjin icon mana bnb

Other coins would be hbar ziliqua nem tron waves lisk binance.us have those on the exchanges good luck gentlemen

Advertisement
Back