NFL Redskins

Advertisement
'Braves on the warpath' becomes "Wolves on the prow-l, Fight for old DC."

All of the lyrics are stupid and make no sense.

If there are "braves on the warpath", wouldn't they be fighting AGAINST "old DC"? Or wouldn't "old DC" be trying to slaughter the Native Americans?

A bunch of US Senators need to get together to stab Daniel Snyder in the back, Julius-Caesar-style.

Change the colors of this cursed progrum....get someone else in there to run that sinking ship. BTW, don't name the Washington team anything with RED in it, it's 1,2,3 RACIST.

If Washington was the best team in the league every year, they could reach back in their history and have a name befitting excellence in football:

The Washington Sean Taylors

John Saunders would not approve, but he's dead. Wilbon wouldn't dare open his mouth...

Advertisement
The most appropriate overall name would be the DMV Do-Nothings.

Geographically accurate - DC-Maryland-Virginia

Pays tribute to the largest industry in the region - the government

Accurately reflects the accomplishments under Snyder - zero-point-zero

I see nothing wrong.

D.C. Do Nothings

The team latest accomplishments matches the politicians that reside there.

I'm all aboard this train.

Doo Doo Butter. Because thats what the Skins have been 1992-

Advertisement
Been a Skins fan since 1954. My first game was in 1957 (age 12) at Griffith Stadium. Favorite players from that '57 team were all-time UM great FB Don Bosseler (think that was his rookie season), RB **** James, QB Eddie LeBaron, DB Don Shula, and S Joe 'Scooter' Scudero.

Back then, Washington was the southernmost team in the NFL so their TV territory included all of the South. Tons of Skins fans all over that region back then.

Advertisement
Being a fan as long as I have, don’t care what they call themselves I know this is nothing more than a business decision. I’m a Washington Redskins fan, I’ll always be a Washington Redskins fan, I’ll always rock Redskins gear, and I’ll look forward to the day Snyder is no longer an owner.

Advertisement
Is it the word redskin that's offensive or the association of the word with native Americans? For example if some guy named John Redskin bought the team then named it after himself, would there still be outrage?

Oh, so you’re high high.

Drunk not high. Close. I'm interested in why certain words and images offend. Like the swastika. It goes back thousands of years to ancient Asian cultures. If someone built a replica Buddhist temple and included the swastika, would they be forced to remove it because it has a hugely negative association in another context?

Drunk not high. Close. I'm interested in why certain words and images offend. Like the swastika. It goes back thousands of years to ancient Asian cultures. If someone built a replica Buddhist temple and included the swastika, would they be forced to remove it because it has a hugely negative association in another context.
In today's day and age, if that Buddhist temple wasn't already built many moons ago, I think they'd decide not to include a swastika because of what it's now associated with, regardless of intent.

Did the Washington Redskins intend to offend anyone with the team name? Of course not, it was just about football. Sadly, if you look hard enough, you'll find a triggered little group somewhere that demands change. Look no further than our own Sebastian. They took away his **** pipe. It's a sad, triggered world we live in with so many people in their feelings.

Advertisement
Back