NFL Redskins

Maybe I'm an old school coot, but to me if you're going to have a pro team, nickname should have connection to area it is representing...otherwise it is dumb, Utah Jazz dumb.
Not many Redskins around DC (closest might have been the Pomonkey tribe in Southern Maryland). People want to keep "Hail to the Redskins" as the fight song. So, easy to substitute Hail to the Red Tails (or Red Wolves) in the lyrics.

Advertisement
Not many Redskins around DC (closest might have been the Pomonkey tribe in Southern Maryland). People want to keep "Hail to the Redskins" as the fight song. So, easy to substitute Hail to the Red Tails (or Red Wolves) in the lyrics.

Braves on the warpath?

I like the Washington Pigskins. Not too much of a phonetic departure from the old name and yet apropos.

Yea it was still really bad, but the way members of the media teased the story led people to believe we were getting some Penn State-esque bombshell. Instead the details made it a run-of-the-mill sexual harassment story.

The #MeToo movement has constantly one-upped itself. We're at Epstein-Maxwell level takes now. Unless you're a part of a global child *** trafficking ring that helps expose the world's elites, idk...not sure you're worth my click.

Advertisement
The #MeToo movement has constantly one-upped itself. We're at Epstein-Maxwell level takes now. Unless you're a part of a global child *** trafficking ring that helps expose the world's elites, idk...not sure you're worth my click.
Epstein didn't kill himself.

Now will Maxwell with her inevitable and totally explainable soon-in-the-future demise.

🤯

Great Idea! Washington, in theory, represents all Americans. Name should be something emblematic of the city/area. It doesn't have to be an animal or something macho.

First of all, they should drop the whole Washington name thing. The Washington Redskins should be a name of the past. Like APFA teams Canton Bulldogs or Chicago Cardinals.

They should go with something more historical. I was thinking:

DC SNIPERS

I kid...I kid

True about not many "Redskins" in area although I did work with a dude from southern Maryland who was Pomonkey...regardless, the Redskin name was cool because it was natural (Hollywood) adversary of the (Dallas) Cowboys...but it is probably moot because the PC snowflakes will be coming after the Cowboys name as well.

First of all, they should drop the whole Washington name thing. The Washington Redskins should be a name of the past. Like APFA teams Canton Bulldogs or Chicago Cardinals.

They should go with something more historical. I was thinking:

DC SNIPERS

I kid...I kid

That whole sniper stuff was no joke. First, and only, time in my life I saw folks sprinting out to their car in office parking, zig-zagging like an NFL WR and other folks literally crawling out of their cars, crabwalking to the gas pump to fill out their tank...lol

Advertisement
Washington Red fairies
561-5611022_fairy-flying-fantasygirl-magical-red-fairies-illustration-hd.png

Advertisement
Wow. I looked at some of your post and saw nothing that was ever worth responding to. 3600+ of dribble. Posting 7 times on the same topic is beyond anything reasonable. Post count doesn't mean squat.
And no one has ever heard of you to even respond. Now we see why. Good day!

Uh, yeah...that’s named for ol’ Chris Columbus.
Actually it was a female representation of the entire Americas. It was also a name that was given to the statue of liberty. You are right about the evolving of the name. Usually I don't slip up my historical knowledge . Too much Crown Apple. I believe now it means the District of Corruption. Thanks for bringing my misstatement to my attention.

Advertisement
That name needed to be changed, imagine celebrating a warrior class that practiced genocie and slavery on their rival tribes long before the Anglos arrived.

Advertisement
Back