OT: Oregon won’t allow athletes weight/bf to be measured

JHallCanes

2028 is our year
Premium
https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/20...eight-body-fat-percentage.html?outputType=amp

I didn’t see this posted anywhere else but it did happen last month so apologies if it was already discussed here or the OT board

I thought it was relevant to football programs in general though

It’s been making its rounds through the fitness community which I’m heavily involved in, so I thought this was pretty interesting. People seem to be very divided on the topic

Advertisement
Good thing they don't have a wrestling program. That could be problematic.

Seems like an over-reaction to a particularly abusive track coach. I don't even think it would stop that kind of abuse because a control freak with the inclination to slender builds could still be demanding without knowing what the actual numbers are.

If coaches measuring weight and body fat could lead to an eating disorder, couldn't professors measuring academic success lead to anxiety and psychological disorders? Where does this lead?
You mean like the student resources they have to manage just that very thing?

Advertisement
Good thing they don't have a wrestling program. That could be problematic.

Seems like an over-reaction to a particularly abusive track coach. I don't even think it would stop that kind of abuse because a control freak with the inclination to slender builds could still be demanding without knowing what the actual numbers are.
I think my biggest issue with all of this ****, is like you’re saying: the overreaction or pendulum swing

If they’re lining people up like cattle and shooting them if they don’t fall in certain limits that’s one thing

But as we know there’s sports out there that this data is very useful

If coaches measuring weight and body fat could lead to an eating disorder, couldn't professors measuring academic success lead to anxiety and psychological disorders? Where does this lead?
You get an A+ for this response.

Advertisement

Attachments

• trumptennisss.jpg
    trumptennisss.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 13
forcing 17yr old elite athletes to get boosted, only to take away all their hard work over nothing.

but advising people to not be fat f*cks is doing harm? What a clown world we are in

Advertisement
The people mentioning politics, I was actually more interested in your own opinions

Advertisement
https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/20...eight-body-fat-percentage.html?outputType=amp

I didn’t see this posted anywhere else but it did happen last month so apologies if it was already discussed here or the OT board

I thought it was relevant to football programs in general though

It’s been making its rounds through the fitness community which I’m heavily involved in, so I thought this was pretty interesting. People seem to be very divided on the topic
Based on my experience your way is wrong…

I have no clue, just trying to fit in in the fitness industry and wanted to make sure I’m doing it right.

Advertisement
Back