NHL OT: NHL Playoffs

Advertisement
Any hockey fans out there? Since it's looking like the NHL will be the first major sport back, I was curious what people's thoughts are on the 24 team playoff format.

I love hockey, and it makes sense. A lot could have happened this season and I think it is right.

I’m part of the small minority that isn’t excited for its return. Of course I’ll still watch but hockey in July doesn’t excite me. I just want the wild to suck enough to get a top pick for once but they are always a middle of the road team.

Advertisement
Any hockey fans out there? Since it's looking like the NHL will be the first major sport back, I was curious what people's thoughts are on the 24 team playoff format.
I'm not sure I like that many teams but excited to get hockey back.

So much could have happened this season, how can you eliminate more than that? Not being ignorant, asking.
And that's why they're allowing play-in games, it makes sense just unsure how I feel about it., not saying they're wrong.

I'm a RedWings fan, our season is over and all I want is the #1 pick for Alexis Lafreniere.

And that's why they're allowing play-in games, it makes sense just unsure how I feel about it., not saying they're wrong.

I'm a RedWings fan, our season is over and all I want is the #1 pick for Alexis Lafreniere.

I myself am a Caps fan and really felt good about our squad this year. Hoping for #2!

Advertisement
So much could have happened this season, how can you eliminate more than that? Not being ignorant, asking.
There were so many teams all piled in there fighting for the last few spots with 3 weeks left. If they would have continued from where they stopped the season and then throw in 2 months of playoffs, next year would have been pushed back. This is the best option but I think it's dumb for the top 4 seeds to do a round robin to determine who gets seeds 1-4. But it's an advantage to them because it's 3 warm up games before the real thing starts.

But man o' man, growing up, I remember the RedWings owning the league, year after year!!

I'm definitely excited for hockey to be back. Hard to judge the effort to fairly treat this once in a lifetime scenario. I appreciate that they're trying to do it as fairly as possible to teams who had even a slight chance of still making the playoffs.

Go Bolts!!

But man o' man, growing up, I remember the RedWings owning the league, year after year!!
Yzerman was the reason I became a Lightning fan. He was my favorite player growing up and I watched his Red Wing teams dominate when the Hawks sucked and I loved all the moves he made as Tampa's GM. Sucks he left for Detroit but I get it.

Advertisement
Yzerman was the reason I became a Lightning fan. He was my favorite player growing up and I watched his Red Wing teams dominate when the Hawks sucked and I loved all the moves he made as Tampa's GM. Sucks he left for Detroit but I get it.
Huge Brendan Shanahan fan myself. That whole team was loaded, and Bowman leading, a true dynasty!

NEW YORK—The 2020 Stackley Cup Playoffs, a set of odd-number-of-games series that will determine the champion of the National Huckie League, will soon be underway, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman confirmed Monday.

At press time, the twenty-four hackley teams in contention for the Stickleby Cup include the Detroit Red Wings, the Pittsburgh Penguins, the Pittsburgh Flyers, and a team from Dallas, TX. The Red Wings, one of the NHL's Original Four Teams, and the Penguins, who feature one of hinky's rising young stars in Sidney Crossberry, are leading their respective series and are expected to advance to the championship round, or Storkaley Cup Finallys.

Hucklebee, which is played on ice by stick-wielding six-man teams who attempt to strike the hokey puck or "ball" into the opposing goal, is naturally a cold-weather sport. For this reason, hooky is believed to have originated in Canada.

"This is the best time of year to watch the great sport of [huncky]," Commissioner Bettman said in a statement released by the NHL public relations department. "We still believe that our game is the fastest, toughest, most exciting game in the world, and we look forward to demonstrating that to a national audience as we determine the 2020 NHL Champion."

However, despite a fiercely loyal core fanbase, achieving mass popularity has been difficult for the National Honky League, which currently ranks behind the NFL, NBA, NASCAR, MLB, college football, NCAA basketball, tournament poker, and figure skating in television viewers. The sport, while definitely colorful, is somewhat difficult to watch on television; many say the fast action is actually too hard to follow, as they are unsure where the hanky puck is at any given time. The sheer number of games is also somewhat intimidating; the NHL season is believed to have actually began sometime last year.

The sport was also dealt a rather ugly setback with many viewers during last year's Stanbly Cup playoffs when two players dropped their ice bats and gloves and became involved in a shamefully brutal fistfight.

However, the passion of the teams involved in the Stagolee Cup Playups is impossible to deny or ignore.

"Way back when I was a kid playing on frozen ponds, I dreamed of winning the Cup," Detroit's Brian Rafalski told reporters Tuesday. "It's every player's dream to hoist the Cup above their heads and have their name engraved on the side."

One of the grand traditions of the sport is that each hicky player from the Cup-winning team is allowed to take the trophy with them for a day to show their families, friends, and presumably even coworkers at their actual jobs.

"Winning the Cup would be the ultimate dream come true for me, the reward for a very long, hard struggle," said foreign-born Penguins player Alexander Ovechkin, who, like most hochuli players, has based his life around the sport and has no real-world skills. "But really, just to play this game, to be part of something that brings so many people joy, that has been a great gift as well." Horklee is presumably extremely popular in Ovetchkin's home country.

"Our dream is that, when the Stanley [sic] Cup Finals end in June, everyone in America has seen those games and realized how much fun it is to watch the NHL," Commissioner Bettman said. "These are, without a doubt, some of the world's finest athletes playing in some of the world's most competitive games. I know I'm prejudiced, but I honestly think that anyone who watches will agree that hockey [sic] is the greatest sport in the world."

I'm definitely excited for hockey to be back. Hard to judge the effort to fairly treat this once in a lifetime scenario. I appreciate that they're trying to do it as fairly as possible to teams who had even a slight chance of still making the playoffs.

Go Bolts!!
As a fellow Bolts fan, where would you want them to be seeded? I’m thinking a 2 seed. They have had Florida’s number and I’m not worried about the Islanders either. If they get a 1 seed, that first round match up would make me nervous as ****.

Advertisement
As a fellow Bolts fan, where would you want them to be seeded? I’m thinking a 2 seed. They have had Florida’s number and I’m not worried about the Islanders either. If they get a 1 seed, that first round match up would make me nervous as ****.

you have a link to the bracket? I haven't seen one yet, so not sure who they'd possibly match up against.

nhl network had game 7 vs the blues on the other day...still one of the best game winning playoff goals of all time. And shows why hockey has one thing that none of the other major US sports has-sudden death game 7. If anyone is a hockey fan and has ever had to experience that with your favorite team.......mannnnn

Advertisement
Back