NBA NBA is back

Advertisement
With a nation starved for live sports they will get viewers but the numbers will be drastically less than they would be if they would just be athletes and play ball. Watching guys making hundreds of millions of dollars complain about a society that holds them down is very tough for many Americans to stomach.
So they just need to shut up and play ball huh lol

I'm out. Done. It's been the best of rides. I love hoop. I can't get down with the negativity though.

GO CANES!!!!!
Can you get into hockey? I live in Atlanta and used to go to the Atlanta Thrasher games at Phillips. When the owners sold the Thrashers to some Canadian capitalist, that was some bull@#$t and I fell out of it. I'm going to give it another go this year.

Advertisement
So they just need to shut up and play ball huh lol
Never said that. Just said that their actions will turn off a lot of potential fans/viewers. The beauty of America is that we all have choice. They have the option to use their platform how ever they want. For example, the great humanitarian Lebron James has decided in the past to take his platform and speak out in defense of China and against Hong Kong. He has every right to do so. Every consumer/fan has the right to not turn on their tv and not buy the merchandise.

Never said that. Just said that their actions will turn off a lot of potential fans/viewers. The beauty of America is that we all have choice. They have the option to use their platform how ever they want. For example, the great humanitarian Lebron James has decided in the past to take his platform and speak out in defense of China and against Hong Kong. He has every right to do so. Every consumer/fan has the right to not turn on their tv and not buy the merchandise.

Lebron never spoke in defense of China and against Hong Kong, He just said He doesn't know enough about the situation over there to speak on it, basically no comment. You know who else said they didn't know about it to speak on it...Greg Popovich, Steve Kerr, & Stephen Curry, but somehow King James is the lightning rod LOL.

Lebron never spoke in defense of China and against Hong Kong, He just said He doesn't know enough about the situation over there to speak on it, basically no comment. You know who else said they didn't know about it to speak on it...Greg Popovich, Steve Kerr, & Stephen Curry, but somehow King James is the lightning rod LOL.
He spoke out against Morey. That is pro China and anti Hong Kong. He said Morey should not speak about it.

Advertisement
He spoke out against Morey. That is pro China and anti Hong Kong. He said Morey should not speak about it.

Speaking out against Morey is not pro China and anti Hong Kong. I agree with King James, if you're not from China or Hong Kong you shouldn't speak on the situation, especially if you're playing exhibition games in you know, China???

Speaking out against Morey is not pro China and anti Hong Kong. I agree with King James, if you're not from China or Hong Kong you shouldn't speak on the situation, especially if you're playing exhibition games in you know, China???

So basically ignore all the atrocities occurring outside our borders.

I don’t single out Mr. NoClutch Lebron, but he’s the face of the NBA. He has lots of others fellow players and coaches (Popovich, et al) who are conveniently ignorant of Honk Kong and also the atrocities being committed against the Uighurs - like being herded into camps that are sickeningly familiar.

Here‘s a spoiler: these guys are not ignorant. LeBron is not only one of the best players to play the game, but also one of the smartest. If you made a list of the smartest NBA players LeBron and Bill Bradley would be among them.

As far as their domestic social messaging, that’s their right, whether people like it or not is irrelevant.

But the NBA shouldnt insult everyone’s intelligence, and muzzle their players and employees, by saying you are unfamiliar with what happens outside these borders because you have a cozy financial relationship with a dictatorial and totalitarian regime that is the most powerful abuser of human rights in the world.

Maybe millionaire athletes and coaches and billionaire owners shouldn’t be going to a country that is putting people in concentration camps and sterilizing them? Just a thought

Advertisement
I don’t single out Mr. NoClutch Lebron, but he’s the face of the NBA.

And here's the face of our Country:

1596308218664.png

And here's the face of our Country:

View attachment 125092

Why do you constantly deflect? What does that have to do with anything I’ve posted? I feel sorry for you, you are sad and predictable automaton.

The worst part is, it doesn’t challenge the argument I just made, you add nothing to the discussion, you don’t even bring up any points to refute what I said, but you rely on something that you think will trigger me, and let me clue you in on something. I don’t care.

I know it’s beyond your limited capacity for rational thought, but you can be anti-Trump and anti-China at the same time.

Next time in responding, make an effort for a halfway intelligent response. Instead of trying to inflame someone who could care less if anyone here is pro trump or anti-trump

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back