OT: Martellus Bennett good on twitter rant about dark side of football

Advertisement
He makes some good points... its not that unlike how we treat young men we send to war. We take normal boys and teach them its okay to kill, in fact its necessary... thats extremely hard to unprogram after only a few years... then we expect them to adapt to a regular life again.

Advertisement
He's sounding a little bit like a *****.

NFL guys adapt to normal life all the time. I live near a lot of ex-NFL guys. Channing Crowder, Chad Johnson, Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Pat Surtain, OJ McDuffie, Daryl Porter, Dan Marino, Orande Gadsen...man the list is long as ****.
These guys are adapting just fine. They're out in the community, some have podcasts, some coach high school football, OJ McDuffie practically lives at Sunrise Quarterdeck.
To be fair, I don't know what goes on in their personal life but these guys seem to be thriving, chillin', living a happy life.

I'm not fond of hearing sob stories from guys who are treated like freakin' royalty. The benefits these guys receive go well beyond their huge salaries. You made millions of dollars, got tons of free ****, ate like a king, had access to the finest pu$$y walking, etc etc etc...and you expect me to sympathize with you? Fvck outta here dude! LOL
Your gripes are a fvckin' joke compared to REAL problems people have to face.
MF'er you get to retire before you're 35! STFU!

Big a$$ cry baby.

Oh god, I just scrolled through his Twitter feed.

This dude is an emotional wreck who preaches victimhood.
Get this fvckin' cry baby outta here.

GIF by Desus & Mero

LOL @ multi-millionaires who cry about "oppression".

Last edited:

NFL guys adapt to normal life all the time. I live near a lot of ex-NFL guys. Channing Crowder, Chad Johnson, Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Pat Surtain, OJ McDuffie, Daryl Porter, Dan Marino, Orande Gadsen...man the list is long as ****.
These guys are adapting just fine. They're out in the community, some have podcasts, some coach high school football, OJ McDuffie practically lives at Sunrise Quarterdeck.
To be fair, I don't know what goes on in their personal life but these guys seem to be thriving, chillin', living a happy life.

I'm not fond of hearing sob stories from guys who are treated like freakin' royalty. The benefits these guys receive go well beyond their huge salaries. You made millions of dollars, got tons of free ****, ate like a king, had access to the finest pu$$y walking, etc etc etc...and you expect me to sympathize with you? Fvck outta here dude! LOL

Big a$$ cry baby.

THIS....ALL OF THIS!!!

Advertisement
He makes some good points... its not that unlike how we treat young men we send to war. We take normal boys and teach them its okay to kill, in fact its necessary... thats extremely hard to unprogram after only a few years... then we expect them to adapt to a regular life again.

Man, my bro came back from Okinawa and was just a mad-hat all the time.

It's always there, I don't think they can shake it. Just kinda learn how to suppress it.

Big a$$ cry baby.
him and his brother both are major ******** so i'd be much more receptive to hear a story from someone that i have a shred of respect for.

Advertisement
Key point here lol. Anecdotal evidence also doesn't cut against the masses of former NFL guys who don't adapt well post football or have their own trials and tribulations. The numbers don't lie about the number of these guys who are broke, etc. Nothing he said was even remotely controversial. And he definitely got it out the trenches.

You get paid millions of dollars to play a fvckin' game. That's a huge privilege that over 99.9% of people aren't blessed to have. You got a free college degree. You got free clothes and shoes. Access to the best food. You get to retire before your 40 while most Americans have to work another 20+ years.

Not to mention, the fact that you played football on the college and NFL level opens up TONS of other doors that a normal person would never have access to.

It's a BLESSING to be able to play professional sports for a living. A fvckin' blessing.

Try expressing these complaints to a young man living in a 3rd world country and see what his response is. ****, you don't even have to go to a 3rd world country, you probably can find people right here in America that would trade places with you in a heartbeat.

Advertisement
Key point here lol. Anecdotal evidence also doesn't cut against the masses of former NFL guys who don't adapt well post football or have their own trials and tribulations. The numbers don't lie about the number of these guys who are broke, etc. Nothing he said was even remotely controversial. And he definitely got it out the trenches.
If they're broke that's their fault.
And if they have trouble adjusting to regular life, again, that's probably something within themselves. (not talking about those with CTE)

WTF is so hard to adjust to?
HAVING ALL THIS NEW FREE TIME?!
NOT HAVING TO WORKOUT AND WATCH YOUR DIET ANYMORE?
NOT HAVING TO TAKE ORDERS OR FOLLOW TEAMS RULES?
Oh wow, boo hoo! Cry me a river!

If they can't handle being a "normal" part of society, and not being "the man" anymore, THAT'S ON THEM!
That's not football's fault. Maybe humble your fvckin' self. Surprise, you're human.

Nothing he said is controversial, it's just stupid.
That's why he be talkin' to himself half the time.

I've often thought that to play professional football a person has to have a bit of a ***** loose, at least to play on the line, linebacker, tight end and safety. What they do to themselves play after play is far from normal and borderline masochistic as they know what they are doing will cause physical pain but do it anyways. There is far less contact outside, and now for quarterbacks, but even they get hurt a lot, count surgeries in the off season, and keep coming back. And it's not just the money.
All that being written, there are obviously a lot of "normal" people playing the game and most live productive post-career lives, but let's not act like running into a brick wall 30 times over 3 hours is something most of us want to do.
If you think boxers and MMA fighters are "crazy" then you have to include football players as "crazy". Because the **** is when you really think about what is happening.
And if you still don't believe me, ponder this issue after consuming some nice indica (I have not yet for the record)

Advertisement
Back