Off-Topic Lets see some summer fish shots

That's awesome. Im trying to get out during the week to catch some triple tail. Crossing my fingers. Thank your son for his service to the community.

Will do, but he's a Gator fan! The other two and me are Canes fans! He went to Firefighting school at Santa Fe while Tebow was at UF - hardly missed a tailgate. It was a ***** watching us give away the game last year with three of us pulling for the Canes and him the Gators.

Other than that he's a **** good guy and great firefighter. I'll ask him what he's heard about ripple tail, he usually does well with them. You fishing around here?

Advertisement
Will do, but he's a Gator fan! The other two and me are Canes fans! He went to Firefighting school at Santa Fe while Tebow was at UF - hardly missed a tailgate. It was a ***** watching us give away the game last year with three of us pulling for the Canes and him the Gators.

Other than that he's a **** good guy and great firefighter. I'll ask him what he's heard about ripple tail, he usually does well with them. You fishing around here?
After the red tide restrictions i try to keep it to the ten thousand island area and some goodland around Marco. Have a buddy in cape coral use to live in North port. Hes in the keys right now. He got skunked yesterday. I gave him some suggestions and he put 5 mahi in the boat this morning. I told him one is mine.
IMG_7311.jpg

Naw, just go with my sons or buddies in Charlotte Harbor. Snook, Redfish, Snapper are good, some Cobia and occasional Tripple tail. You can always catch big Black Drum under the I-75 or US-41 bridges, like this one my older son caught - quarter up a blue-crab and put it on the bottom, they do the rest. Fun fight on light tackle. Last night my nephews came over and slayed the Spinner and Black-tip sharks, they caught three before I got out to the dock to see how they were doing. Fun little 3-footers that jump like Tarpon.

But I'm all about Tarpon; watch them roll out behind the house on the Peace River and will occasionally set a big rig up, but its blue-crab season and they run right to the traps when you hook up.

My middle son is my serious fisherman. He likes Reds and Snook, some offshore. He's a Firefighter/Par and he and his buddies stay serious.
View attachment 119651
Them triple tail are great eating.

After the red tide restrictions i try to keep it to the ten thousand island area and some goodland around Marco. Have a buddy in cape coral use to live in North port. Hes in the keys right now. He got skunked yesterday. I gave him some suggestions and he put 5 mahi in the boat this morning. I told him one is mine.
View attachment 119652
There you go. I used to see a lot of Tripple Tail off Red Fish Pass, North Captiva on the stone crab traps years and years ago when I was running yachts. Never fished for them, too far from Punta Gorda.

Advertisement
There you go. I used to see a lot of Tripple Tail off Red Fish Pass, North Captiva on the stone crab traps years and years ago when I was running yachts. Never fished for them, too far from Punta Gorda.
It use to be a surprise. I've learned over time i can go out and target tbem.

Advertisement
My buddies here in the Cape do good on triple tail still. They said they should start showing up soon. Can’t remember if I mentioned before, but saw some on a flat in San Carlos bay. Paddled yak right on top of em. They were on sand against grass. Had never dreamed of them being on a flat. Pretty cool.

Advertisement
My buddies here in the Cape do good on triple tail still. They said they should start showing up soon. Can’t remember if I mentioned before, but saw some on a flat in San Carlos bay. Paddled yak right on top of em. They were on sand against grass. Had never dreamed of them being on a flat. Pretty cool.
that's cool, its amazing what will run up on flats. I had a budy see some Bone Fish on a flat off Gasparilla island. In Charlotte Harbor big Cobia will be up there looking for rays.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back