Off-Topic Lets see some summer fish shots

Silver King

Pass Block
Middle son and I got a chance to hit a tide we wanted to fish Friday in the thick of Tarpon season over on this side of the coast. We took a couple his buddies to try and put them on a big Peace River Tarpon. It turned out to be one of those days, after catching a little Bull Shark the first five minutes, we stuck this big Tarpon. Doesn't always work like this. Nothing like a river Tarpon, nobody around, still water, very quite, then a reel starts screeching and the water explodes with a big powerful magnificent looking fish flashing silver. This was the last of about six jumps.

Post some Summer fish shots, what ya got?
DSC_0509.jpg

Advertisement
I go to share my hunches where, when and what bait. And, to run the boat and take pictures. Caught a lot of Tarpon in my 20s and 30s, but nothing is more fun then putting someone on one like this.
Ones fishing pleasures evolve. I've been cast netting and brining some baitfish for the landscaper. I find joy when he tells me the big muttons he catches off my baits. Its odd but it is what it is....

Advertisement
Middle son and I got a chance to hit a tide we wanted to fish Friday in the thick of Tarpon season over on this side of the coast. We took a couple his buddies to try and put them on a big Peace River Tarpon. It turned out to be one of those days, after catching a little Bull Shark the first five minutes, we stuck this big Tarpon. Doesn't always work like this. Nothing like a river Tarpon, nobody around, still water, very quite, then a reel starts screeching and the water explodes with a big powerful magnificent looking fish flashing silver. This was the last of about six jumps.

View attachment 118853
Awesome shot. Just lost a slob after 35 minutes off Egmont last week. Sadly not prepared for the photo of the first jump which is the highlight of tarpon fishing except for actually getting to the boat for release.
20180612_190359(0)(1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
I haven't fished in months due to covid-19 and needing a new pole. Have sport fishing captains lowered prices during this time?

Advertisement
20200609_085357-01small.jpg

20200609_133006-01small.jpg

My brother came in town and we ran out about 35 miles to get to about 100 ft depth. Caught these two reef donkeys but only kept the one that's gaffed. He's always good luck for me when I take him out. On thursday we got into some redfish and he smoked me 16 - 8 in less than 5 hours. I'm not even mad, it makes me real happy to put people on fish.

Advertisement
View attachment 118869

View attachment 118870

My brother came in town and we ran out about 35 miles to get to about 100 ft depth. Caught these two reef donkeys but only kept the one that's gaffed. He's always good luck for me when I take him out. On thursday we got into some redfish and he smoked me 16 - 8 in less than 5 hours. I'm not even mad, it makes me real happy to put people on fish.
Smoke fish dip with that amberjack....

Jaws.gif

View attachment 118853

Smoke fish dip with that amberjack....
lol that's exactly what my brother said. But, cut out a little bit of worms from the tail and handed out bags of it to some friends and the inlaws. Ate some that night and still have several nights left of it. I still might smoke some but I'll have to learn what I'm doing first.. never smoked fish before.

Advertisement
Back