OT Jonah Williams draft prep

jw410

Senior
Banned
I wonder if any of our guys have this level of prep. A small excerpt from ESPN article on offensive linemen.

On a normal day in Tuscaloosa, it wouldn't have been uncommon to see Williams toting a notebook that included three points of focus for that day's practice. It was part of his routine. He also created personalized spreadsheets that detailed each opponent's pass-rush preferences. He then turned that data into spider charts to help decipher the information.

Brought a tear to my eye

Advertisement
Jonah Williams is so impressive. He’s from an obscure part of California outside of Sacramento. Caught the attention of Alabama, got the offer and committed there. To get ready quickly, he became an early entry freshman able to participate in Spring Practice.

In his first week of Spring Practice, he decided to push to be a starter...at 17. It worked. He kept getting promoted and was named a starter at the end of the spring. A 17 year old OL starter at Bama? Amazing.

During his 3 years as a starter, he worked to perfect his technical skills. It worked. He almost never gave up a sack and is now considered the premier OL technician in the draft.

His size and strength do not overwhelm in the tradition of Hall if Fame players like Orlando Pace. But, if you’re looking for a totally professional NFL OL starter for the next 10 years, draft Jonah Williams.

I wonder if any of our guys have this level of prep. A small excerpt from ESPN article on offensive linemen.

On a normal day in Tuscaloosa, it wouldn't have been uncommon to see Williams toting a notebook that included three points of focus for that day's practice. It was part of his routine. He also created personalized spreadsheets that detailed each opponent's pass-rush preferences. He then turned that data into spider charts to help decipher the information.

Brought a tear to my eye
He impressed Joe Thomas big time with his Charts....Cristobal said he is too dedicated..in a good way.
Yet some scouts complain because his arm length is a quarter inch smaller than they would like....smh
At worst he will be an average OL....will be in the league for a dozen years.

Advertisement
As a Bucs fan I would not be upset if they made him their first pick. The Bucs pick fifth, too high for Jonah, but if they traded down into 10-15 I’d love Williams In Pewter.

Brought a tear to my eye
He goes to the Dolphins if Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray are not on the board.

Advertisement
Back