OT: Jaws the Revenge gets an Ultimate Edition Release!

GojiraCane

All ACC
One of the all-time great movies, filmed close to Florida and featuring luscious cinematography. Should be outstanding.

Jaws The Revenge: UHD Perfect Edition

Starring: Lorraine Gary, Lance Guest, Mario Van Peebles
Director: Joseph Sargent
Encoding: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. This UHD production will probably NOT be viewable in other countries. Read more about UHD formats)
Format: AC-3, Dolby, Dubbed, NTSC, Subtitled, Widescreen, 4K
Languages: English (Dolby Digital 2.0), English (Dolby TrueHD), French (Dolby TrueHD), Spanish (Dolby TrueHD)
Aspect Ratio(s): 2.35:1
Audio Encoding: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround
Rated: PG-13
Studio: BestTimes! Home Video

Disc 1:
• Theatrical Version with cast & crew commentary and enhanced playback track featuring new 8K transfer (92 min)

Disc 2:
• Theatrical Version with cast & crew commentary and enhanced playback track featuring new 8K transfer (92 min) upconverted to 3D

Disc 3:
• Restored Workprint Version featuring 8K transfer (featuring alternate voodoo and Hoagie as DEA agent Subplots) (183 min)

Disc 4:
• Preproduction: Development (continuing the story arc from Jaws 2),
- Building A Better Bruce (constructing the mechanical shark),
- Preproduction featurette, storyboards
- Michael Caine, Christopher Plummer and Roger Moore auditions for role of Hoagie

• Production: Production Part I featurette, "This Time It’s Personal" (1987 television documentary), "A Tickly Day In The Bahamas" (home movies shot by crew during production), Production Part II featurette, Production stills

• Post Production: The Beast Roars (Bruce sound effects), The Bookend (audience reaction to the test screening)

Ten Alternate Endings:
- Shark impaled by bowsprit and sinks
- Shark impaled by bowsprit and explodes
- Neptune’s Folly runs over shark repeatedly, shark explodes
- Ellen leaps onto shark’s back and attacks it, shark explodes
- Neptune's Folly explodes; Ellen and Hoagie survive
- The shark wins; Hoagie shoves Ellen into Bruce's mouth
- Lusca octopus attacks the shark
- Brucette shark from Jaws 2 arrives and battles Bruce to the death
- Killer whale arrives and battles Bruce to the death
- Jump scare ending - Shark jumps out of the water and leaps at plane carrying Ellen and Hoagie as it takes off at the end of film

• “Legend of the Conch”: Film historians and ichthyologists debate the role of Jaws: The Revenge had in cinema history, marine exploration, and shark conservation

• Deleted Scenes

• Trailers and TV spots

• Trivia

• One sheet posters

• International outdoor campaign

• “Let It Swim” - an original composition by Flo Rida crafted exclusively for this UHD release

• Number of discs: 4

Advertisement
Used to rent Jaws the Revenge relentlessly from Blockbuster as a kid. Spent a lot of time in the water at the beach and in the Bahamas as a kid. The blue water and tropics was more relatable so that movie actually scared the **** out of me more than the others.

Also, Michael Caine and Mario van Peebles are the sh*t.

Advertisement
One of the all-time great movies, filmed close to Florida and featuring luscious cinematography. Should be outstanding.

Jaws The Revenge: UHD Perfect Edition

Starring: Lorraine Gary, Lance Guest, Mario Van Peebles
Director: Joseph Sargent
Encoding: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. This UHD production will probably NOT be viewable in other countries. Read more about UHD formats)
Format: AC-3, Dolby, Dubbed, NTSC, Subtitled, Widescreen, 4K
Languages: English (Dolby Digital 2.0), English (Dolby TrueHD), French (Dolby TrueHD), Spanish (Dolby TrueHD)
Aspect Ratio(s): 2.35:1
Audio Encoding: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround
Rated: PG-13
Studio: BestTimes! Home Video

Disc 1:
• Theatrical Version with cast & crew commentary and enhanced playback track featuring new 8K transfer (92 min)

Disc 2:
• Theatrical Version with cast & crew commentary and enhanced playback track featuring new 8K transfer (92 min) upconverted to 3D

Disc 3:
• Restored Workprint Version featuring 8K transfer (featuring alternate voodoo and Hoagie as DEA agent Subplots) (183 min)

Disc 4:
• Preproduction: Development (continuing the story arc from Jaws 2),
- Building A Better Bruce (constructing the mechanical shark),
- Preproduction featurette, storyboards
- Michael Caine, Christopher Plummer and Roger Moore auditions for role of Hoagie

• Production: Production Part I featurette, "This Time It’s Personal" (1987 television documentary), "A Tickly Day In The Bahamas" (home movies shot by crew during production), Production Part II featurette, Production stills

• Post Production: The Beast Roars (Bruce sound effects), The Bookend (audience reaction to the test screening)

Ten Alternate Endings:
- Shark impaled by bowsprit and sinks
- Shark impaled by bowsprit and explodes
- Neptune’s Folly runs over shark repeatedly, shark explodes
- Ellen leaps onto shark’s back and attacks it, shark explodes
- Neptune's Folly explodes; Ellen and Hoagie survive
- The shark wins; Hoagie shoves Ellen into Bruce's mouth
- Lusca octopus attacks the shark
- Brucette shark from Jaws 2 arrives and battles Bruce to the death
- Killer whale arrives and battles Bruce to the death
- Jump scare ending - Shark jumps out of the water and leaps at plane carrying Ellen and Hoagie as it takes off at the end of film

• “Legend of the Conch”: Film historians and ichthyologists debate the role of Jaws: The Revenge had in cinema history, marine exploration, and shark conservation

• Deleted Scenes

• Trailers and TV spots

• Trivia

• One sheet posters

• International outdoor campaign

• “Let It Swim” - an original composition by Flo Rida crafted exclusively for this UHD release

• Number of discs: 4

You got this one in under the wire. Happy April Fool's Day.

Advertisement
Jaws came out the summer of my rookie year as a lifeguard on the beach patrol of North Wildwood at the Jersey shore. One rainy day afternoon we all went to a matinee to see it- huge screen. **** near **** myself that scene where Jaws first pops out of the water. Anyway, next day as a part of morning workouts, a mile ocean swim, half mile out and half mile back. Never swam so fast in my life.

Had fools shook to go in the water. Til this day I think about great whites before I dive in. LOL

Personally, I'm more interested in seeing Sharknado. I can't believe I haven't seen it yet. While I think Jaws is simply fantasy, I really believe Sharknado could really happen. If Joe don't fix this abdominal climate crisis, the sharks, and countless other species, and other living creatures, will be leaving the sinking oceans to live in the upper atmosphere. (After all, other creatures gradually made there way from the seas to the land. I guess it started with walking catfish.) This is something the UM school of marine science should pivot too and give it the highest priority. And then some.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back