OT Hoops. 80's Lakers vs 90's Bulls

caneULM

Recruit
Im not a fan of NBA anymore for reasons I dont have time to get into, but it was fire back during this era. This a mythical matchup that obviously will never happen but I cant help but to think who would come away with the title. Personally I give the Lakers the edge because its obvious the Bulls would have no answer for Kareem. Luc Longley Bill Cartwright, and Will Perdue? LOL Please. Thoughts? And as always mods if this has been a previous topic please delete.

Advertisement
Lakers had more team offense, with 4 players averaging over 15 ppg through most of those years.
Underrated defense.

Rodman was an animal on the boards.
Rambis/Green/Thompson would have some work to do.

Bulls had the GOAT.
Magic and Kareem (mid 80's) weren't too shabby.

I'm going Lakers.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I am more intrigued by the Celtics with Walton as 6th man v. the Warriors in their record setting year.

I think this one is easy.

If the '18 Warriors played the Celtics in '86, give me the Celtics.
If the Celtics time-traveled to '18, I'll take the Warriors.

I think this one is easy.

If the '18 Warriors played the Celtics in '86, give me the Celtics.
If the Celtics time-traveled to '18, I'll take the Warriors.

Yeah, that is why it is interesting. An in-out team v. an out-in team. A team built for the 3 v. a team with a devastating offense down low. Plus different defensive rules. I can see a 7 game series with each team gettin at least one 20+ point win.

Just nasty....

michael jordan goat GIF

bulls don't have enough scoring power to deal with that team, and no ones stopping kareem.

if jordan has even one off night it can be horrible for the bulls

Advertisement
Not one mention of Lakers star Forward James Worthy ? All he did was spend most of the NBA championship series he played in playing above the rim.

Advertisement
Back