NHL Hockey

Even though I'm an Islanders Fan...I still follow Rangers...Devils..and oddly enough...Red Wings (especially there Elite yrs).....

Advertisement
If you are a hockey fan, 87' Canada Cup. Game three of the final series. Insane hockey. Good ole' Dale pulled down some poor rusky back checking when Mario went shelf. Mario had Larry Murphy on the back pipe for a tap in yeah goal and he still went shelf.

Advertisement
Even though I'm an Islanders Fan...I still follow Rangers...Devils..and oddly enough...Red Wings (especially there Elite yrs).....
Nice, I'm an Islanders fan as well. Born in Mineola, lived in W. Hempstead for just a short time family moved to Miami when I was 4. Grew up watching Trottier, Bossy, Potvin and Smith.

Advertisement
F no....Born in NYC...Left at 14....Grew up in S.W Fla.....
Really good friends of mine grew up in Sty Town. I lived over on 84th between York and first and then the remainder of my stint was 84 and Amsterdam. Do most people in Brooklyn grow up Islander fans or was it just the timing of the dynasty? I think I once understood the complexities of the Mets/Bombers, Jets/Giants, Islander/Ranger thing but it took some arithmetic. I lived there for four years and the Bombers won three times I believe. Not good for me but it was good for the bar which was good for me.

Too Boston...Now if you say "Massaapeequa" that sounds a little more L.I.
Nice catch, I always say Garden City to people or another low key masshole city you can drop is West Babylon. I am from just outside Boston so I drop my R's from time to time when appropriate. Hooked up with a gal from Massapeequa for a bit. You can use West Bab for a subtle Boston accent. My buddy from Huntington pronounces West Bab like a masshole every time he says it now due to my torturing ways of listing cities and towns in LI to him when I am down there.

Really good friends of mine grew up in Sty Town. I lived over on 84th between York and first and then the remainder of my stint was 84 and Amsterdam. Do most people in Brooklyn grow up Islander fans or was it just the timing of the dynasty? I think I once understood the complexities of the Mets/Bombers, Jets/Giants, Islander/Ranger thing but it took some arithmetic. I lived there for four years and the Bombers won three times I believe. Not good for me but it was good for the bar which was good for me..
No...Brooklyn was always 50/50 Islander-Ranger people....Manhatten solid Rangers...
Queens and of course Long Island = Islanders....When the Brooklyn Dodgers left NY for LA....Some followed them to LA....But the majority adopted the Mets....I left NY as a youngster (14yrs old 1974)...Never was a Jets...Giants...Mets...or Ranger Fan (although the 69 & 86 Mets and 94 Rangers will always be Special)...Knicks and Yankees are the only other teams I'm a Huge Fan of......I F-ing DESPISE anything Boston related....Im talking UF and ND Hatred...

Advertisement
No...Brooklyn was always 50/50 Islander-Ranger people....Manhatten solid Rangers...
Queens and of course Long Island = Islanders....When the Brooklyn Dodgers left NY for LA....Some followed them to LA....But the majority adopted the Mets....I left NY as a youngster (14yrs old 1974)...Never was a Jets...Giants...Mets...or Ranger Fan (although the 69 & 86 Mets and 94 Rangers will always be Special)...Knicks and Yankees are the only other teams I'm a Huge Fan of......I F-ing DESPISE anything Boston related....Im talking UF and ND Hatred...
I thought that was sort of the breakdown with Staten Island being a free for all. We are good on all things Boston. I am a BC Hockey fan due to an affiliation of blood, sweat and brotherhood. The rest of Boston sports I follow a little because I live here. The Celtics are actually entertaining but I don't live and die with Boston sports. I am a Canes fan, my passion lies with Miami. I'll get a little ****ed when BC loses to BU in a Beanpot but for the most part I am civil. I have a ton of buddies who I am friends with who played over at BU. So we're good, I am not a Boston or a BC honk but I know what you are referring to. I was golfing with a dude once who was friends with Gino and Miami came up and he asked me how confident I was in Cane trivia. I told him he was out of his element. The dude called Gino from the Tee Box. Gino asked me if I could name the Ruthless Posse and I told him he needed to step up his game... The Canes are my team, plain and simple. I later ran into him up at BC with my son, Gino was a great dude. Talked shop for a while with him. I am pretty sure you are friends with Portis, the BC O line loved him, raved about him. Two of those guys said they would love to block for that kid. One of them finally did in Washington. He flat out said the Miami guys in Washington were different cats, winning was in their blood.

I thought that was sort of the breakdown with Staten Island being a free for all. We are good on all things Boston. I am a BC Hockey fan due to an affiliation of blood, sweat and brotherhood. The rest of Boston sports I follow a little because I live here. The Celtics are actually entertaining but I don't live and die with Boston sports. I am a Canes fan, my passion lies with Miami. I'll get a little ****ed when BC loses to BU in a Beanpot but for the most part I am civil. I have a ton of buddies who I am friends with who played over at BU. So we're good, I am not a Boston or a BC honk but I know what you are referring to. I was golfing with a dude once who was friends with Gino and Miami came up and he asked me how confident I was in Cane trivia. I told him he was out of his element. The dude called Gino from the Tee Box. Gino asked me if I could name the Ruthless Posse and I told him he needed to step up his game... The Canes are my team, plain and simple. I later ran into him up at BC with my son, Gino was a great dude. Talked shop for a while with him. I am pretty sure you are friends with Portis, the BC O line loved him, raved about him. Two of those guys said they would love to block for that kid. One of them finally did in Washington. He flat out said the Miami guys in Washington were different cats, winning was in their blood.
I'm friends with Clinton...have been since 98/99...Just don't see him as often as others...

F no....Born in NYC...Left at 14....Grew up in S.W Fla.....

Eerily similar, left L.I. NY ("Hunningtun" in my case), just short of 14 and to live in S.W. Fla...

Was an Islanders, Nets ('til '77) fan (was at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum opening in '72) along with the other 'ets teams, the Mets (maternal grandfather from Brooklyn, no other option!) and Jets (Dad started to watch them as the Titans). I have since given those two up, but the Isles are for life. I don't remember rooting for a particular college team, though Lou Carneseca leaving the Nets to go back to St. John's made me a bit of a Johnies fan to this day (saw them play in the First Four in '19). Despite attempts by certain family members to tie my ethnicity to whom I should root for in College Football, by the grace of Schnelly, Kelly, and God, I root for a team who has Green, White, and Orange as their colors and don't ascribe physical violence to a particular ethnic group.

Advertisement
Eerily similar, left L.I. NY ("Hunningtun" in my case), just short of 14 and to live in S.W. Fla...

Was an Islanders, Nets ('til '77) fan (was at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum opening in '72) along with the other 'ets teams, the Mets (maternal grandfather from Brooklyn, no other option!) and Jets (Dad started to watch them as the Titans). I have since given those two up, but the Isles are for life. I don't remember rooting for a particular college team, though Lou Carneseca leaving the Nets to go back to St. John's made me a bit of a Johnies fan to this day (saw them play in the First Four in '19). Despite attempts by certain family members to tie my ethnicity to whom I should root for in College Football, by the grace of Schnelly, Kelly, and God, I root for a team who has Green, White, and Orange as their colors and don't ascribe physical violence to a particular ethnic group.
Lol...Still have Love for St Johns...saw Mullin...Walter Berry etc...play several times....Saw Dr J play at Nassau Coliseum several times as well...Dr J and Eddie Murphy are both from that Roosevelt Area...

Been watching a lot of the old Edmonton Oilers games and highlights from when they were loaded back in the 80s / 90s.

Amazing hockey to watch.

Gretzky, Messier, Anderson, Kurri, Coffey, Lowe (and Fuhr in goal). Etc.

And the Red Wings with the Russian 5 were fun to watch, too.

Unfortunate about the defenseman, Konstantinov - he was becoming a good one.
Fuhr seemed like a cyborg for a few years. But Ranford then had a great cup in 90.

Advertisement
Back