NHL Hockey

My gears been collecting dust and cobwebs in my basement for 5 months now. Needless to say my body is ready for tonight. Go Avs.

Screenshot_20200728-180533_Gallery.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Been watching a lot of the old Edmonton Oilers games and highlights from when they were loaded back in the 80s / 90s.

Amazing hockey to watch.

Gretzky, Messier, Anderson, Kurri, Coffey, Lowe (and Fuhr in goal). Etc.

And the Red Wings with the Russian 5 were fun to watch, too.

Unfortunate about the defenseman, Konstantinov - he was becoming a good one.
I think one of those years Edmonton had 4, yes 4 guys who scored 50 goals. And Coffey scored 48 as a defenseman. Crazy stuff we won't see again. Plus they had a dude nicknamed "Cement Head" (Dave Semenko) to bust up anyone who looked at Gretzky the wrong way.

Correction 3 guys with 50, still impressive.

Last edited:
There is nothing, and I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN SPORTS better than playoff hockey

Advertisement
Yep, they scored in bunches.

Lots of other solid players during the time, too - Esa Tikkanen, Krushelnyski, Craig Simpson, Ruotsalainen, etc.

If they could've kept the core together, they probably had a couple more cups in them.

Right of the gate, too as an expansion team in '79.

Amazing drafts in the first few years to load up the team quickly.

I think one of those years Edmonton had 4, yes 4 guys who scored 50 goals. And Coffey scored 48 as a defenseman. Crazy stuff we won't see again. Plus they had a dude nicknamed "Cement Head" (Dave Semenko) to bust up anyone who looked at Gretzky the wrong way.

Correction 3 guys with 50, still impressive.

Yep, they scored in bunches.

Lots of other solid players during the time, too - Esa Tikkanen, Krushelnyski, Craig Simpson, Ruotsalainen, etc.

If they could've kept the core together, they probably had a couple more cups in them.

Right of the gate, too as an expansion team in '79.

Amazing drafts in the first few years to load up the team quickly.
A bunch of them ended up in New York and broke the curse as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back