OT: Freaky ****. United flight loses engine. A miracle that plane didn’t go down.

OriginalCanesCanesCanes

All-ACC (#1 most reproted porster on CIS)
Watch this video from inside the plane. The whole engine cowling is gone, that’s basically the inside of the jet engine you’re looking at, vibrating and shaking, it’s a miracle it didn’t fall off or completely break apart, bringing down the plane with it.

Look at this enormous piece of the outside of the engine that tore off and landed in somebody’s front yard.

3F71EBCD-80D3-438A-BDDD-77610453E53F.jpeg

Fortunately the plane landed safely back in Denver

Advertisement
Yet another reason why I'm probably not flying again.

No, not scared to fly, but between the airport security bull****, and that, **** no.

Only time I might fly is if I ever make that trip to Tokyo. If I want to go across the country, I have a first class ticket on a train.

I work in aviation. The engine wasn’t going to fall off. Lol scary stuff though. Can’t wait to hear the cause..

That’s a 777 so it’s not like an old plane.

Maybe a maintenance issue?

There was a plane that went down a few years ago, because the maintenance people didn’t put some screws in the tail, left the whole line out, a piece flew off in flight, the plane became uncontrollable, went straight into the ground

Advertisement
Yet another reason why I'm probably not flying again.

No, not scared to fly, but between the airport security bull****, and that, **** no.

Only time I might fly is if I ever make that trip to Tokyo. If I want to go across the country, I have a first class ticket on a train.

Statistically speaking flying is still way safer than driving

Advertisement
That’s a 777 so it’s not like an old plane.

Maybe a maintenance issue?

There was a plane that went down a few years ago, because the maintenance people didn’t put some screws in the tail, left the whole line out, a piece flew off in flight, the plane became uncontrollable, went straight into the ground
Much more likely to be a line maintenance issue but honestly too early to tell. There’s so many variables here but I can assure you this wasn’t the boys down at jiffy lube who work on these things.

Lol I’m much more worried about sabotage like the AA mechanic down at Mia within the last year or two. Guy was like 20 years in too.

Geez, just what Boeing needs. After the disaster with MAX and then COVID, it’s a miracle they are still in business.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is why I only fly Spirit. You know half the engines are inoperable on your plane in advance so there's no midflight surprise nonsense like this.
Spirit brags that they have the youngest fleet in the air.

Advertisement
Back