Off-Topic For the Beer Lovers.....

Nice! I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Reading once. Also, I like that Charlie Kelly quote under your avitar.

It's Always Sunny and Family Guy really scratches my ' I'm still a 21 year old kid' itch lol. I laugh like **** at some of that ****

Advertisement
Advertisement
3 Sons from Dania is starting distributing here in Atlanta. Have heard good things. Any south Florida folks have had their stuff to offer opinions?

We had a Civil Society drop a week or two back that I took advantage of. Their hazies are goooood. Still cracks me up where they are located. I worked at the Pulte office at Jupiter in that planned development one summer when I was in college. Never would guess that planned suburban fauxtopia would have an amazing brewery in it.

3 Sons from Dania is starting distributing here in Atlanta. Have heard good things. Any south Florida folks have had their stuff to offer opinions?

We had a Civil Society drop a week or two back that I took advantage of. Their hazies are goooood. Still cracks me up where they are located. I worked at the Pulte office at Jupiter in that planned development one summer when I was in college. Never would guess that planned suburban fauxtopia would have an amazing brewery in it.
They just opened another location just south of downtown west palm. I haven't had too many of their beers, but the beer I did have I wasn't a fan of. It was suppose to be a kolsch but it was way too hoppy.

3 Sons is very good, although lately some of their IPA's have been a little hit and miss. Definitely worth checking out. I wonder what they are distributing in Atlanta. I'd assume it's their "core" beers.

They just opened another location just south of downtown west palm. I haven't had too many of their beers, but the beer I did have I wasn't a fan of. It was suppose to be a kolsch but it was way too hoppy.
Civil Society you mean? I honestly have only had a blonde of theirs, years back, and a bunch of NEIPAs. I don't remember much of the blonde but their NEIPAs have been on point.

Advertisement
Civil Society you mean? I honestly have only had a blonde of theirs, years back, and a bunch of NEIPAs. I don't remember much of the blonde but their NEIPAs have been on point.
Yes. I think that is the problem I had with their kolsch. They are popular for their IPA's and it just kind of bleeds into everything else lol

Yes. I think that is the problem I had with their kolsch. They are popular for their IPA's and it just kind of bleeds into everything else lol
Unfortunately, that is a story that is way, way too common across the country.

Advertisement
Which of you are coming here to Atlanta for the Bama game? Would love to get a Canes Insight beer lover meet up at a local brewery that weekend.

Which of you are coming here to Atlanta for the Bama game? Would love to get a Canes Insight beer lover meet up at a local brewery that weekend.
My buddy is a big fan of Scofflaw, New Realm, and Cherry St there in Metro ATL. He's a big IPA guy so I assume these places put out good IPA's if that's your thing.

Fonta Flora in Morganton, NC is terrific if you're out west and coastal wise, New Anthem Brewing in Wilmington, NC does IPAs very well. Had a good one from Sun Lab Brewing outta Miami a while back. A guy from Capt Lawrence in NY left and started up Sun Lab i think.

Advertisement
My buddy is a big fan of Scofflaw, New Realm, and Cherry St there in Metro ATL. He's a big IPA guy so I assume these places put out good IPA's if that's your thing.
Yea I would have some different choices. Cherry St is good but in the burbs. New Realm is a great space on the beltline but beers are average. Scofflaw I have issues with and their owners are just not the kind of people I want to support. And their beers are remarkably inconsistent.

For me, intown, I love Monday Night. Their IPAs are great. I really like Three Taverns. Their new location is killer... sour and IPA focused. I really like Orpheus, right on Piedmont Park. Their stouts and sours are top notch. Halfway Crooks is amazing for clean ferment European styles. I am also a big fan of Wrecking Bar and Torched Hop. In the burbs, Variant is really, really good (maybe the best in town), but it is a hike from in town.

Fonta Flora in Morganton, NC is terrific if you're out west and coastal wise, New Anthem Brewing in Wilmington, NC does IPAs very well. Had a good one from Sun Lab Brewing outta Miami a while back. A guy from Capt Lawrence in NY left and started up Sun Lab i think.
New Anthem is good but WAY overpriced!

Dogfish Head is opening a taproom/brewery in Wynwood this weekend. I believe they're taking over the old Concrete Beach spot. I'm a big fan of J Wakefield but the hassle of driving down there and dealing with parking keeps me from making the trip often. Maybe with a new spot in the area, I'll be tempted to hit it up more often.

Advertisement
Back