Off-Topic For the Beer Lovers.....

I had no idea Veza Sur was an AB company until my buddy who bartends told me that the salesman was the same guy who sold them Bud products. Same thing with Kona Brewing. It’s one thing for a mega corp to buy a brand like Constellation did with Funky Buddha. The owners at FB made a killing and retained control over day to day operations. It’s something else to create a fake independent brewery to try to kill competition with your favorable distribution networks.

AB/InBev and Miller/Coors were dead to me when they started sponsoring bills in Florida to make tap rooms illegal. They wanted all beer sales anywhere to have to run through a distributor first. Meaning breweries would have to sell to a distributor and buy their own beer back from a distributor before they could sell it in house. The kicker is that all the distributors are owned by the two major brewing conglomerates. The tap rooms got around the law by, ironically, by using a rule that allowed Anheiser Busch to sell beers at Busch Gardens. As long as a brewery offers occasional free tours of their brewing facility, it’s considered a tourist locale and thus doesn’t have to buy their beers through a distributor.
I had no idea the majority of Kona beer was made in Oregon and New Hampshire (!) until a couple months ago. Also found out AB InBev bought a majority stake in them last year. So much for Hawaiian beer.

Advertisement
Ya I hate shady crap like that. Some breweries take the big time money and retain a lot of the stakes. It just helps them expand and pay off some of their debts. There are others that sell out completely that I try not to go to.
For sure can help some keep growing... and then you have the Wicked Weed guys, the heirs to the Proactiv skincare fortune.

Tigers games are a lot of fun in the summer and greek town is close its a fun time for a weekends. That's also cool hitting different stadiums i bet thats a fun time with your buddies

only time it was a little sketchy was walking back to our hotel at 2am after getting chili dogs from one of those famous places. Some kids were fighting and the armed security guard has to lock the door to keep them out. Otherwise it was a great time.

max legroom.jpg

Advertisement
For sure can help some keep growing... and then you have the Wicked Weed guys, the heirs to the Proactiv skincare fortune.
They ****ed off a lot of people. They were always talking about the craft beer/micro us against the big guys. Next thing you know BOOM sell it all. I have been there a few times and it is a nice place too.

They ****ed off a lot of people. They were always talking about the craft beer/micro us against the big guys. Next thing you know BOOM sell it all. I have been there a few times and it is a nice place too.
Yep. They were always super vocal about it. And the Funkatorium is an amazing spot. It’s crazy that the Angel series, which people used to line up for, are now shelf turds. Frankly, it was a stupid acquisition. They brew beers that are expensive and appeal to a small portion of beer drinkers. These people also are the most finicky to abandon brands that sell out. Made no sense then and it makes no sense now. I’d love to know their return on that investment.

Advertisement
If you want the best beer go to Czech Republic. Most bars only have three beers on tap Pilsner, red and black. The brand is advertised outside like Pepsi or Coke signs here. You can never go wrong.

If you want the best beer go to Czech Republic. Most bars only have three beers on tap Pilsner, red and black. The brand is advertised outside like Pepsi or Coke signs here. You can never go wrong.
pilsner urquell. Great beer even when it arrives here. Would love to go there and have a fresh one.

These guys can make some killer stouts. They're out of the Anaheim. They have some killer beer in California.
Bottle Logic Brewing
SO good. Is Monkish near them? They are in Torrance. They make some of my favorite IPAs in the country. One of the best breweries in Georgia is actually opening in Southern California too... Creature Comforts.

Advertisement
SO good. Is Monkish near them? They are in Torrance. They make some of my favorite IPAs in the country. One of the best breweries in Georgia is actually opening in Southern California too... Creature Comforts.
Ive only had creature comforts a few times. Good stuff. If you want any beers from down here maybe we can work out some trades or something.

Advertisement
I’m not too sure. I haven’t been there. You can get it here in Phoenix. My buddy lives in Metro Atlanta. He likes Creatures Comfort.

If any of you drink meads, wines and ciders. I just opened up only the second winery in Miami-Dade county:

Winery | Ceiba | United States (ceibasfl.com)

You can also get them shipped all over Florida (Soon to be 48 states across the US) through Vino Shipper. We're located in the Bird Rd art district and have two breweries within two blocks if you ever want to pass by and make a day of it.

I'm so tired of ales.

Give me a good lager or pilsner for something relatively light, or a porter or stout for dark.

Coors light is barely more than pedialyte.

I'm so tired of ales.

Give me a good lager or pilsner for something relatively light, or a porter or stout for dark.

Coors light is barely more than pedialyte.
A brewery in Atlanta opened last year that is 90% lagers and pilsners, and it is excellent. Halfway Crooks. If you find yourself up here, it is right up your alley if that's what you like.

Advertisement
Back