Off-Topic For the Beer Lovers.....

Advertisement
Yuengling Lager. When you're from Northeast PA you either drink it or you get made fun of. They just came out with a hersheys chocolate version & its the best beer I've ever drank.
Was gonna mention the Hershey Porter. I grew up just off Rt. 147. If you turned right out of my neighborhood and drove for about an hour you'd **** near run into the brewery. Haven't seen any of the bottles this year, hard to come by but I did enjoy about a dozen lagers yesterday. I'm not a huge porter guy but the Hershey's is really good.

YuengHCP-Revised.jpg

Was gonna mention the Hershey Porter. I grew up just off Rt. 147. If you turned right out of my neighborhood and drove for about an hour you'd **** near run into the brewery. Haven't seen any of the bottles this year, hard to come by but I did enjoy about a dozen lagers yesterday. I'm not a huge porter guy but the Hershey's is really good.

View attachment 139043
I grew up in the skook lol

Any of y’all used to hang out at Abraxas on South Beach? It closed maybe 5 years ago but uses to be my favorite beer bar in Miami. If we have the Alabama game in Atlanta and the world is back to normal next year, we should put together a brewery gathering.

100% agree Jai Alai is better but until recently wasn't as available as Bell's. Cigar City is a top notch brewery and one of my personal favorites.
Belle's went through a Distributing hiccup when some local Distributors were bought out by the biggest Distributor in the nation Reyes Corp. I am in the beer business here in Virginia. We sell Cigar City here in VA and FL. Belle's just came back in the market here after refusing to be Distributed by a company with Big Corp products. Here in Richmond VA, local breweries are very popular. The city and State support the local and most produce good products. Jai Alai though outsells them all, completely took the market that 2 hearted left since it hasn't been sold in VA for the last year. Now, Belle's is back through specialty Beverage, they will be going head to head. I drink Jai Alai religiously.

Advertisement
I'll have to check them out. I didn't know they existed. The only other one I knew of was Craft Beer Cartel and when I went there it seemed all but picked through without a lot stuff available.
Yeah, the guys at Craft Brew Cartel are very friendly, but they very rarely have decent supply. Good to talk to about beers and homebrew, but little inventory.

In my experience, Urban Brewers usually have more supplies available and they work with you when they don't. Recently wanted to teach my younger brother-in-law how to brew, but my burner was shot and I needed a new one. I ordered one from Urban Brewers, but the order was delayed. But those guys handed me their spare burner to take home and told me to just bring it by when I was done. Good, solid dudes over there.

Some goodies I found in the photo Album. Love good Brewski
Have you tried Tripping Animals out of Miami? We started getting them distributed in Atlanta. Admittedly, I have not bought any because they just put way, way too many adjuncts in where it starts to get gimmicky. I wish Civil Society would distro here.

Some. Not as much as I'd like to. It is a lot of fun and I love doing it. I do 5 gallon batches and bottling is a *****. I think 2021 is going to be the year of a homemade kegerator.
I know you were talking to the other guy, but I do all the time lol
I do 5 gallons as well. Have an Amber in the fridge and a summer shandy about two weeks in on fermentation. I don’t personally hate bottling but I can’t blame you for switching

Advertisement
Have you tried Tripping Animals out of Miami? We started getting them distributed in Atlanta. Admittedly, I have not bought any because they just put way, way too many adjuncts in where it starts to get gimmicky. I wish Civil Society would distro here.
Have not tried it, at least that I remember! I Don't believe its distributed here in VA

Yeah, the guys at Craft Brew Cartel are very friendly, but they very rarely have decent supply. Good to talk to about beers and homebrew, but little inventory.

In my experience, Urban Brewers usually have more supplies available and they work with you when they don't. Recently wanted to teach my younger brother-in-law how to brew, but my burner was shot and I needed a new one. I ordered one from Urban Brewers, but the order was delayed. But those guys handed me their spare burner to take home and told me to just bring it by when I was done. Good, solid dudes over there.
That's some **** fine customer service. That's one way to make a loyal customer.

I've had some of their stuff and it is pretty dang good. My favorite is 3 Sons Brewery. Not only do they have killer brews, they have a helluva kitchen too. Great beer and great food is hard to beat and the staff is cool too.

View attachment 139043
I have seen this here in VA. Not sure how I feel about it. I'm trying not to knock it before I try it.

Advertisement
Bells is very good. They had a distributor dispute in Virginia, we only recently got it back. I’m so happy.

sorry, just read above....restating the obvious.

Advertisement
I don't know what they have but if you're looking for another good heavy stout the Goose Island Bourbon County ones are definitely crazy good. If they have The Last Buffalo in the Park that's my favorite from our local Funky Buddha brewery down here.

If you're looking for a killer IPA Cigar City Florida Man is what you're looking for. It's by far my favorite widely available (in Florida at least) IPA outside of small local breweries.

cigar city is really good also

Not sure where are you can find it in cities outside of Nashville but Nashville Brewery Tennessee Brew Works makes a beer called Hippie & Cowboys that’s really good in my opinion. It’s available in all stores up here

7BA2A906-E35F-4895-8D04-1FE2B81F4046.jpeg

Yuengling Lager. When you're from Northeast PA you either drink it or you get made fun of. They just came out with a hersheys chocolate version & its the best beer I've ever drank.

girlfriend is from up that way and we always have some Yuengling in the fridge. Didn’t realize how popular it was for you all. Not a big beer down here in the south.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back