Off-Topic For the Beer Lovers.....

Advertisement
This is a haul I recently came into, all vintage barrel-aged stouts. Dark Lord from 2016-18, BCBS from 2012-2016, KBS from 2014-16, Black Note from 2017. The strength of these got me through the bowl game
E4679C2B-370B-44A8-B32D-7229368E5FD9.jpeg

Advertisement
I’ve never had Dark Lord. It has some really good reviews.
It's really good. If you're into stouts, it's worth it, like Hunahpu from Cigar City (or the special release stouts from Angry Chair, which don't get as much mainstream pub, but I think are even better than Cigar City)

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is a haul I recently came into, all vintage barrel-aged stouts. Dark Lord from 2016-18, BCBS from 2012-2016, KBS from 2014-16, Black Note from 2017. The strength of these got me through the bowl game
View attachment 140733

Have you had the Mackinaw Fudge KBS? I hope they continue to release that yearly...pretty tasty

Just tried it a couple weeks ago, and really liked it. The CBS is really good, too. Founders seems to rarely miss for me, I enjoy just about everything they put out
Yes, I enjoy CBS also. Founders is legit..i know some people have boycotted them with the racist allegations, i still enjoy their offerings from time to time.

Advertisement
I'm so tired of ales.

Give me a good lager or pilsner for something relatively light, or a porter or stout for dark.

Coors light is barely more than pedialyte.

If you like a good imperial/milk stout (and the weather down here recently has been perfect for it) and want a solid craft option, I recommend Foreign Objects's God **** the Sun. Also, you can't go wrong Sam Smith's Imperial Stout. It's on my short list of beers when people ask that evil hypothetical: "if you could only drink one type of beer for the rest of your life...."

If you like a good imperial/milk stout (and the weather down here recently has been perfect for it) and want a solid craft option, I recommend Foreign Objects's God **** the Sun. Also, you can't go wrong Sam Smith's Imperial Stout. It's on my short list of beers when people ask that evil hypothetical: "if you could only drink one type of beer for the rest of your life...."
Sam Smith is high on my list as well.

Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout is delicious.

Not sure if I've had a mediocre beer from Foreign Objects.

Advertisement
I'm a fan. I had one pretty recent. The Espresso variation doesn't do it for me though.
The Espresso one I've not had but i'd definitely give it a whirl. I love coffee and espresso.

One time I stayed on South Beach I was at the Strand. Versace's mansion was across the side street. About a block? block and a half down that side street going towards Collins was a place where I'd get Cafe Cubano....so delicious...i can almost taste it now. Up here in Pa. it's not as easy to find..:cry:

The Espresso one I've not had but i'd definitely give it a whirl. I love coffee and espresso.

One time I stayed on South Beach I was at the Strand. Versace's mansion was across the side street. About a block? block and a half down that side street going towards Collins was a place where I'd get Cafe Cubano....so delicious...i can almost taste it now. Up here in Pa. it's not as easy to find..:cry:
I briefly lived in Philly. I visited Tired Hands.

Advertisement
Back