OT/ CanesFam....dsddcane is doing Better...

So you're saying the NY Times published a story bashing Trump

View attachment 121117

No. I’m saying a medical researcher in Seattle was blocked from doing COVID19 testing of research subject samples in January/February by the Trump administration. Then when she did the testing anyway and found and reported a positive test result showing that there was community spread of COVID19 in Seattle in early February, she was given a cease and desist order prohibiting further testing.

Advertisement
No. I’m saying a medical researcher in Seattle was blocked from doing COVID19 testing of research subject samples in January/February by the Trump administration. Then when she did the testing anyway and found and reported a positive test result showing that there was community spread of COVID19 in Seattle in early February, she was given a cease and desist order prohibiting further testing.

If by Trump administration you mean the deeply entrenched bureaucracy at the CDC, then you’re 100% right. I’m not saying the host of The Apprentice is blameless, but let’s be real about what’s happened, the whole UW fiasco is on the CDC.

Once this is over, if there’s not a housecleaning and de-bureaucratization of the CDC and the NIH, similar shlt will happen in the future... to include a purge of the “not invented here” mentality

This is 100% true. And shameful.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Did you know? In the US:
-35% of ALL COVID death comes from 2 states (NY, NJ) with only 8.6% of our total population.
-80% of COVID death are over the age of 65.
-People over 85 accounted for 32.5% of total death.
-More than 70% of COVID death under 50 years old are black and Latino. (31.7% of population)
-70% of COVID death between ages 30-49 are male.
-Hispanics account for 40% of all COVID cases for people under 50. (18.3% of population)

1594417477838.png

This man's CITY accounts for 17.51% (23,267) of all COVID death in the entire country yet he blames Trump... thats more than any other STATE and more than 5 times the amount in Florida.

Last edited:
Did you know? In the US:
-35% of ALL COVID death comes from 2 states (NY, NJ) with only 8.6% of our total population.
-80% of COVID death are over the age of 65.
-People over 85 accounted 32.5% of total death.
-More than 70% of COVID death under 50 years old are black and Latino.
-70% of COVID death between ages 30-49 are male.
-Hispanic account for 40% of all COVID cases for people under 50.

View attachment 121136
This man's CITY is accounts for 17.51% (23,267) of all COVID death in the entire country yet he blames Trump...
but since 70% of those under 50 in your statistics are black and brown males, it’s not like they’re useful people. Right?

when moderators post...

but since 70% of those under 50 in your statistics are black and brown males, it’s not like they’re useful people. Right?

when moderators post...
What are you talking about? These are not my statistics, they are from the CDC. I made no mention of usefulness of people, just those who are impacted the most.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If by Trump administration you mean the deeply entrenched bureaucracy at the CDC, then you’re 100% right. I’m not saying the host of The Apprentice is blameless, but let’s be real about what’s happened, the whole UW fiasco is on the CDC.

Once this is over, if there’s not a housecleaning and de-bureaucratization of the CDC and the NIH, similar shlt will happen in the future... to include a purge of the “not invented here” mentality

I hope you're not absolving Amish Bob and his tenure as head of the CDC in favor of attacking the bureaucracy though as this guy deserves major scrutiny and his appointment to that position was questionable at best when you look at some of his other career issues.

I hope you're not absolving Amish Bob and his tenure as head of the CDC in favor of attacking the bureaucracy though as this guy deserves major scrutiny and his appointment to that position was questionable at best when you look at some of his other career issues.
Some suggestions....

Advertisement

Is he not part of the CDC?

Trust me, the testing issues were there from way back. That’s a long standing policy with them. But he should transform the agency, if that’s what you’re asking. That’s on him. But usually figurehead appointees are not transformational.

I’m sure you know these agencies (CDC & NIH) self run, and no administration, D or R, pays them much attention unless the shlt hits the fan.

Trust me, the testing issues were there from way back. That’s a long standing policy with them. But he should transform the agency, if that’s what you’re asking. That’s on him. But usually figurehead appointees are not transformational.

I’m sure you know these agencies self run, and no administration, D or R, pays them much attention unless the shlt hits the fan.

I'm not disagreeing with you but definitely think Redfield deserves major criticism- which can be done in accord with examining the longstanding bureaucracy type roadblocks that exist there. But this entire situation also has been so unique that it called for (and allowed for) extreme flexibility and adaptability from the top and Redfield is proving to be the figurehead that you deemed him.

He just did a "town hall" with Anderson Cooper and Sanjay Gupta where he not only couldn't withstand the grilling of a scientific ignoramus in Cooper but then also tried to defend himself by essentially citing the bureaucracy/longstanding policies that you described.

Wanna talk Debbie Birx now? I kid. I'm going to get drunk.

Advertisement
Did you get the self help books I sent your way, compadre? Amazon said they

I'm not disagreeing with you but definitely think Redfield deserves major criticism- which can be done in accord with examining the longstanding bureaucracy type roadblocks that exist there. But this entire situation also has been so unique that it called for (and allowed for) extreme flexibility and adaptability from the top and Redfield is proving to be the figurehead that you deemed him.

He just did a "town hall" with Anderson Cooper and Sanjay Gupta where he not only couldn't withstand the grilling of a scientific ignoramus in Cooper but then also tried to defend himself by essentially citing the bureaucracy/longstanding policies that you described.

Wanna talk Debbie Birx now? I kid. I'm going to get drunk.

Have a nice time

I’m sure you know these agencies (CDC & NIH) self run, and no administration, D or R, pays them much attention unless the shlt hits the fan.

Upper levels of the CDC are absolutely political, and both the CDC and FDA was involved in blocking the Seattle research COVID19 testing.

Upper levels of the CDC are absolutely political, and both the CDC and FDA was involved in blocking the Seattle research COVID19 testing.

The policies which fūcked up this testing issue were long-standing and entrenched policies. There is no question about that.

Here are the “upper levels” of the CDC to which you referred.

Let‘s be honest about what actually happened.

Redfield was appointed, as is every CDC Director. His scientific background in virology speaks for itself, but he gets the blame too. The rest of the “upper levels” at the CDC - virtually 100% pre-date this administration. Trust me, the people who promulgate the “not invented here” policies that ****ed up our initial testing approach and interactions with UW are entrenched scientists and bureaucrats.

Glad you brought up the FDA...another agency which needs to be overhauled.

Of course none of this will ever get done - doesn’t matter who’s in office.

Advertisement
Back