OT/ CanesFam....dsddcane is doing Better...

Agreed about the backlog effect but it also comes into play when clowns like Clay Travis cite death rates based on Sunday afternoon released stats and are like "We're at an all time low!".

Nonetheless, this ain't lookin' great.

Nashville is also hitting daily records in cases and hospitalizations. Clay Travis is an extremely smart dumbass

Advertisement
Not to mention that we weren't the only nation to make its own kits. The WHO always focuses on getting kits into the hands of the third world countries that do not have the capacity to make their own. The U.S. always develops their own along with tons of other nations including Germany, Japan, China, and France...these nations have advanced research capabilities and always want to make their own tests that they trust. It just so happens that this time the CDC botched it due to various factors. One being there wasn't an abundant supply of viral sequences early on.

So TheOriginalCane left out many key facts that basically turns his statement into an untruth. Funny when it comes under the guise of not being political...either it was a just ignorance or being intellectually dishonest.
- In mid-May China decided to test all 11 million people in Wuhan in two weeks. (Do I believe they tested 11 million? Yes! Do I believe their numbers [1 positive]? Of course not!)
- China had immediate turnaround of tests (yes, I’m betting their tests weren’t perfect)
- China had lockdowns and contact tracing.

Peoples opinions are already politically baked on this issue, but IN MY OPINION a federal response was needed in America.

- Tests are intermittently available.
- The turnaround is approximately one week which almost invalidates testing altogether. This should be a bigger scandal than the masks debate/debacle.
- Contact tracing is a joke when you have a week delay with tests Results.

- In mid-May China decided to test all 11 million people in Wuhan in two weeks. (Do I believe they tested 11 million? Yes! Do I believe their numbers [1 positive]? Of course not!)
- China had immediate turnaround of tests (yes, I’m betting their tests weren’t perfect)
- China had lockdowns and contact tracing.

Peoples opinions are already politically baked on this issue, but IN MY OPINION a federal response was needed in America.

- Tests are intermittently available.
- The turnaround is approximately one week which almost invalidates testing altogether. This should be a bigger scandal than the masks debate/debacle.
- Contact tracing is a joke when you have a week delay with tests Results.

I hear ya brotha...I don't believe a **** bit of info comin from that ****show of a country.

I don't disagree that things were handled less than stellar. However, I honestly don't believe that anyone was prepared for this scenario...and if you expect the federal govt to come to your rescue you need to re-think things. Its always been a slow moving wrecking ball...and that will never change.

I always wanted more and better testing too...I think that would help solve a lot of the issues.

Last edited:
Conjecture and bulls*** stated as fact. Dumb.

Haha you cannot be serious. Please with all your genius and wisdom state the conjecture and bull****. Otherwise you are just another dumbass that took the easy way out. I quoted most of that from Politifact...a highly left leaning fact checking organization. Get your **** together kid.

Advertisement
Not to mention that we weren't the only nation to make its own kits. The WHO always focuses on getting kits into the hands of the third world countries that do not have the capacity to make their own. The U.S. always develops their own along with tons of other nations including Germany, Japan, China, and France...these nations have advanced research capabilities and always want to make their own tests that they trust. It just so happens that this time the CDC botched it due to various factors. One being there wasn't an abundant supply of viral sequences early on.

So TheOriginalCane left out many key facts that basically turns his statement into an untruth. Funny when it comes under the guise of not being political...either it was a just ignorance or being intellectually dishonest.

Not only are you a liar, you are a buffoonish liar.

The issue is not "making your own kits". The most advanced nations PRODUCE their own kits. The issue is, was, and always has been that the US chose to DEVIATE from the blueprint of the testing kit provided by WHO. Nobody claimed that WHO was backing up a truck full of tests when Trump ran out and waved them off.

No, the other nations of the world did NOT go off on their own to DEVELOP their own Covid-19 testing kits, although many economically-advanced countries PRODUCED their own using the WHO blueprint. You can't just type a false generality like "the U.S. always develops their own along with tons of other nations including Germany, Japan, China, and France".

Sometimes those countries have the time, money, and wherewithal to develop their own kits. IN THIS CASE, they did not.

And stop it with the "this time the CDC botched it due to various factors, one being there wasn't an abundant supply of viral sequences early on". That is just a bunch of BS. People don't have to sit here and listen to you lie.

Stop being a fraud by telling lies such as I "left out many key facts". No, I did not.

But you sure did. "Tons of other nations". When you choose to lie, you do it so poorly and transparently. Yeah, "tons of other nations". No need for you to be precise and factual when you can just snow people with "tons of countries".

Again, you don't know the difference between "developing" a test and "producing" a test. You are a clown.

Haha you cannot be serious. Please with all your genius and wisdom state the conjecture and bull****. Otherwise you are just another dumbass that took the easy way out. I quoted most of that from Politifact...a highly left leaning fact checking organization. Get your **** together kid.

"Tons of countries" is just the tip of your conjecture-and-bullsh!te iceberg.

Not only are you a liar, you are a buffoonish liar.

The issue is not "making your own kits". The most advanced nations PRODUCE their own kits. The issue is, was, and always has been that the US chose to DEVIATE from the blueprint of the testing kit provided by WHO. Nobody claimed that WHO was backing up a truck full of tests when Trump ran out and waved them off.

No, the other nations of the world did NOT go off on their own to DEVELOP their own Covid-19 testing kits, although many economically-advanced countries PRODUCED their own using the WHO blueprint. You can't just type a false generality like "the U.S. always develops their own along with tons of other nations including Germany, Japan, China, and France".

Sometimes those countries have the time, money, and wherewithal to develop their own kits. IN THIS CASE, they did not.

And stop it with the "this time the CDC botched it due to various factors, one being there wasn't an abundant supply of viral sequences early on". That is just a bunch of BS. People don't have to sit here and listen to you lie.

Stop being a fraud by telling lies such as I "left out many key facts". No, I did not.

But you sure did. "Tons of other nations". When you choose to lie, you do it so poorly and transparently. Yeah, "tons of other nations". No need for you to be precise and factual when you can just snow people with "tons of countries".

Again, you don't know the difference between "developing" a test and "producing" a test. You are a clown.
Holy ****...this was quoted from left leaning Politifact. You ****. Again...get your **** together and stop being dishonest.

Im done here. I told the good mods I wouldn't jump into the fray with you fringe cucks...

Advertisement
Holy ****...this was quoted from left leaning Politifact. You ****. Again...get your **** together and stop being dishonest.

Im done here. I told the good mods I wouldn't jump into the fray with you fringe cucks...

I don't give a **** what your opinion is, you are entitled to that.

But I'm not going to let you lie about me, or lie about the facts.

I don't give a **** what your opinion is, you are entitled to that.

But I'm not going to let you lie about me, or lie about the facts.

Fact #1 The WHO never offered to sell test kits to the U.S.
Fact #2 The CDC opted to develop its own coronavirus test and did not use the WHO's protocol for the test...which is standard procedure for the U.S. as well as many other countries.
Fact #3 Other developed countries with advanced research capabilities did the exact same thing. They developed their own tests without using the WHO's blueprint.

These are quotes from another fact check site.

"Many countries with the scientific capability designed their own tests, and that the WHO test kits are largely meant for less wealthy countries with weaker health systems."

"And during a CNN/Facebook town hall on March 19, Mike Ryan, the executive director of the WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme, also debunked the notion. “WHO developed the tests mainly to support countries with weaker health systems,” he said, noting that the U.S. has a “fabulous” scientific system and “a wonderful capacity” to develop tests. “So no, we did not offer the tests to the U.S., which would be standard practice.”

Fact #1 The WHO never offered to sell test kits to the U.S.
Fact #2 The CDC opted to develop its own coronavirus test and did not use the WHO's protocol for the test...which is standard procedure for the U.S. as well as many other countries.
Fact #3 Other developed countries with advanced research capabilities did the exact same thing. They developed their own tests without using the WHO's blueprint.

These are quotes from another fact check site.

"Many countries with the scientific capability designed their own tests, and that the WHO test kits are largely meant for less wealthy countries with weaker health systems."

"And during a CNN/Facebook town hall on March 19, Mike Ryan, the executive director of the WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme, also debunked the notion. “WHO developed the tests mainly to support countries with weaker health systems,” he said, noting that the U.S. has a “fabulous” scientific system and “a wonderful capacity” to develop tests. “So no, we did not offer the tests to the U.S., which would be standard practice.”

More selective quotation from you. More lies from you.

I never said WHO "offered to sell test kits to the US". This is your problem. I know the facts, I can actually have a conversation. All you can do is cut-and-paste stuff and act like you understand it (you don't).

Here's the relevant bits from your favorite website, Politifact:

"Christopher Mores, a global health professor at George Washington University, said that when faced with an outbreak, the WHO will usually adopt the best test that a research group brings forward.

The German one became the approach WHO circulated as its preferred model.

Aid groups, such as the Pan American Health Organization, took that model and built their training and supplies around it. If the model was like the recipe in a cookbook, the supplies were the ingredients in a home meal kit from Blue Apron.

Any country could use whatever recipe it preferred, and even if the United States had picked the WHO’s protocol, it wouldn’t need the WHO to sell it the materials to follow it. Germany released its protocol on Jan. 17, but the U.S. decided to have the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention develop its own. That protocol was published Jan. 28.

In this instance, this caused a lag in testing for the virus in the U.S.

The CDC’s test was different and more complicated than the German test. It worked in the CDC lab, but when the materials went out to state labs, some of them got inconsistent results. The CDC had to resend packages with new chemical reagents."

And this:

"Typically, Mores said, American labs have all of the basic ingredients and equipment to run the test — all that would be needed is the viral sequences and an exact test protocol. The only catch at the moment is that supplies of those basic ingredients are stretched thin due to high demand."

So let's review, since you're not that bright.

WHO provides the blueprint/recipe. The DNA sequence and genome-mapping stuff. Advanced countries "make their own" from the provided blueprint/recipe.

You tried to claim "Germany" as one of the "tons of countries" that deviated from the WHO blueprint/recipe. Actually, Germany's blueprint WAS the blueprint that WHO used. You tried to claim "China" as one of the "tons of countries" that deviated from the WHO blueprint, but that was due to the fact they were working on things BEFORE anything was done by WHO.

That's what you do. You just cite a bunch of words and pretend like they have meaning.

This nonsense that you spout, about how "tons of countries" just go off and do their own thing, is just wrong. WHO is not some huge medical organization. A lot of work is done in member-countries, and WHO acts as a clearinghouse and information gatherer-sharer. As I have said all along, China shared info with WHO, and medical professionals in WHO member-countries did work, and then WHO shared the results with the world. China and Germany were not DEVIATING from WHO, they were contributing to WHO's knowledge and the world's knowledge. Most countries of the world are, in fact, using the protocol developed by Germany and shared worldwide by WHO. And, certainly, for slower developing and less-rapidly-infectious diseases, it is true that some countries develop their own protocols independent of WHO.

Nor is WHO, or CDC, an actual manufacturer. They contract with companies who do the manufacturing.

The bottom line is that I have been right all along, and you have been a cut-and-paster all along.

It doesn't matter if the US customarily develops its own protocols. Maybe that works sometimes. In this case, it did not, and that contributed to the delay. Those are facts. They may be inconvenient facts to your opinion and/or political views, but I don't care.

Stop lying about facts and stop lying about me.

Advertisement
TheOriginalCane has your number. Read and understand, instead of procreating nonsense.
LMAO.

NYC was a worst case scenario, and they managed the hospital census to the point that extra resources and beds put on standby were never utilized.

But yet we have constant regurgitating of hospital doomsday scenarios. The doomsday scenario has already happened once, and even though NY mismanaged and botched it, they still slogged through it with no lack of bed or patient resources. But let’s just ignore that.
Voice of reason....

Advertisement

I never said WHO "offered to sell test kits to the US". This is your problem. I know the facts, I can actually have a conversation. All you can do is cut-and-paste stuff and act like you understand it (you don't).

"Christopher Mores, a global health professor at George Washington University, said that when faced with an outbreak, the WHO will usually adopt the best test that a research group brings forward.

Aid groups, such as the Pan American Health Organization, took that model and built their training and supplies around it. If the model was like the recipe in a cookbook, the supplies were the ingredients in a home meal kit from Blue Apron.

Any country could use whatever recipe it preferred, and even if the United States had picked the WHO’s protocol, it wouldn’t need the WHO to sell it the materials to follow it. Germany released its protocol on Jan. 17, but the U.S. decided to have the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention develop its own. That protocol was published Jan. 28.

The CDC’s test was different and more complicated than the German test. It worked in the CDC lab, but when the materials went out to state labs, some of them got inconsistent results. The CDC had to resend packages with new chemical reagents."

And this:

"Typically, Mores said, American labs have all of the basic ingredients and equipment to run the test — all that would be needed is the viral sequences and an exact test protocol. The only catch at the moment is that supplies of those basic ingredients are stretched thin due to high demand."

WHO provides the blueprint/recipe. The DNA sequence and genome-mapping stuff. Advanced countries "make their own" from the provided blueprint/recipe.

You tried to claim "Germany" as one of the "tons of countries" that deviated from the WHO blueprint/recipe. Actually, Germany's blueprint WAS the blueprint that WHO used. You tried to claim "China" as one of the "tons of countries" that deviated from the WHO blueprint, but that was due to the fact they were working on things BEFORE anything was done by WHO.

That's what you do. You just cite a bunch of words and pretend like they have meaning.

This nonsense that you spout, about how "tons of countries" just go off and do their own thing, is just wrong. WHO is not some huge medical organization. A lot of work is done in member-countries, and WHO acts as a clearinghouse and information gatherer-sharer. As I have said all along, China shared info with WHO, and medical professionals in WHO member-countries did work, and then WHO shared the results with the world. China and Germany were not DEVIATING from WHO, they were contributing to WHO's knowledge and the world's knowledge. Most countries of the world are, in fact, using the protocol developed by Germany and shared worldwide by WHO. And, certainly, for slower developing and less-rapidly-infectious diseases, it is true that some countries develop their own protocols independent of WHO.

Nor is WHO, or CDC, an actual manufacturer. They contract with companies who do the manufacturing.

The bottom line is that I have been right all along, and you have been a cut-and-paster all along.

It doesn't matter if the US customarily develops its own protocols. Maybe that works sometimes. In this case, it did not, and that contributed to the delay. Those are facts. They may be inconvenient facts to your opinion and/or political views, but I don't care.

The whole test issue is CDC driven, as the backstory with UW bears out.

And this:

You want to really rage?

Remember this?

The Trump admin didn’t want to find the virus domestically because they hoped it would go away without political consequences.

And this:

I really wanted to respond further to this, but I'm not tryin to get into a whole ****ing match because I promised I wouldn't. All of what you quoted I already knew. I tossed Germany and China in there in haste and incorrectly because I was making attempts to name countries that have advanced research capabilities. That was beside the point though, as it had nothing to do with the overall theme of my post.

The U.S. procedure is to use their own methods to develop testing kits. The CDC isn't thetype to take a blueprint from the WHO and copy it. Other countries do the same. No where have I seen that other countries like Japan and France used the exact blueprint from the WHO to re-create their tests either. If they did, the point still stands that the USA does its own thing. You make it sound like this was some great anomaly our current president decided to go rogue and make the CDC deviate from what we do 99% of the time. Which is pure partisan bull****.

Further, I only looked up and quoted Politifact because asshats like you call out any dissenting opinion from yours either "racist" or "MAGA" responses. Its far from my favorite website. So you and your soft shouldered white knight Dogo kid can **** right off. I won't respond further to your paper thin insults like the ****** "cut-and-paster" line.

You hate the president and no fact that cuts against your narrative will you ever accept anyway.

Last edited:
You want to really rage?

Remember this?

The Trump admin didn’t want to find the virus domestically because they hoped it would go away without political consequences.
So you're saying the NY Times published a story bashing Trump

tenor (5).gif

Advertisement
Back