OT/ CanesFam....dsddcane is doing Better...

Advertisement
Glad to hear @dsddcane is doing better.

If I have any advice for you guys it is this, encourage your parents and grandparents to exercise caution. Masks for sure, hand washing and gloves, social distancing and stay home as much as possible. The elderly are for sure at risk. Everyone else....

Hey Cush.....................good advice.
My problem is what we do not know about Long Term effects on healthy young people. Short term no probs, but lung, heart, clotting, circulation, issues are scary ****..............down the line.
That is a concerning threat..

Advertisement
My problem is what we do not know about Long Term effects on healthy young people. Short term no probs, but lung, heart, clotting, circulation, issues are scary ****..............down the line.

Exactly. It's obviously understandable to focus solely on mortality rates but in the case of younger people too many people are viewing this as it's very unlikely to kill you so you'll be "fine". As you alluded to- this doesn't account for lung scarring or any other possible longterm effects that could be verrrry likely if you're one of that larger % that ends up hospitalized but lives.

Nonetheless, welcome to the 5-Digit Club, Florida! We back?

Exactly. It's obviously understandable to focus solely on mortality rates but in the case of younger people too many people are viewing this as it's very unlikely to kill you so you'll be "fine". As you alluded to- this doesn't account for lung scarring or any other possible longterm effects that could be verrrry likely if you're one of that larger % that ends up hospitalized but lives.

Nonetheless, welcome to the 5-Digit Club, Florida! We back?

If the hospitalizations start spiking, it's really gonna suck down here.

If the hospitalizations start spiking, it's really gonna suck down here.

if hospitalizations and deaths spike this month, you can go ahead and postpone college football. I believe professional sports will continue into the fall but college won’t be played. This month and next few weeks are crucial to college football this fall.

there won’t be fans and that’s not even worth discussing at this point. Now it’s just about playing or not.

Some of them were when they first hit. Over the years, they've mutated to be less deadly to the host. At the same time, we developed herd immunity so that the symptom's are less life threatening.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/a...y-eerily-similar-to-1889-russian-flu-pandemic
That's why I said usually. Investing money on an event that's happened twice in 131 years is probably not a good strategy, especially when you don't know which coronavirus will make the jump. It's just not financially feasible when the flu is sitting right there ripe for the picking.

Advertisement
if hospitalizations and deaths spike this month, you can go ahead and postpone college football. I believe professional sports will continue into the fall but college won’t be played. This month and next few weeks are crucial to college football this fall.

there won’t be fans and that’s not even worth discussing at this point. Now it’s just about playing or not.
Yeah. The idea of packing fans into stadiums should be completely shelved. Not happening.

Keep your eye on hospitalizations. I'm encouraged that death numbers have been fairly steady around 125K for some time. But if hospitalizations start spiking hard we'll likely wind up in a situation like NY was in a couple months ago where people were dropping like flies.

I haven't studied the hospitalization numbers in all these states that are spiking. If the rates are not spiking, then that tells me either the virus isn't as potent, or the people catching it now are much younger, or a combination of the two.

Anyone know how long it took NY hospitalizations to spike in relation to the number of daily cases. I'm sure there was somewhat of a lag.

Yeah. The idea of packing fans into stadiums should be completely shelved. Not happening.

Keep your eye on hospitalizations. I'm encouraged that death numbers have been fairly steady around 125K for some time. But if hospitalizations start spiking hard we'll likely wind up in a situation like NY was in a couple months ago where people were dropping like flies.

I haven't studied the hospitalization numbers in all these states that are spiking. If the rates are not spiking, then that tells me either the virus isn't as potent, or the people catching it now are much younger, or a combination of the two.

Anyone know how long it took NY hospitalizations to spike in relation to the number of daily cases. I'm sure there was somewhat of a lag.

Since testing wasn’t anywhere near what it is now, the data is skewed. When NY was hit we were testing like 5K a day nationwide. The spike they saw cane from 100’s of thousands of cases going undetected in late Feb and early March.

I saw a chart that there was a 7 day lag though on the data we did have back then. Some states have been open for months and are just now seeing spikes. As for hospitals the 14 day trend isn’t showing anything too alarming outside of Houston and spots in Arizona. The capacity issue is more about hospitals being open for elective surgeries and other patients now going to hospitals for emergencies where before they were not cause they were worried they would get the virus.

COVID patients aren’t overrunning ICU wards in 99% of America. The next 3 weeks tell us everything we need to know.

if deaths stay flat, it means those infected are generally healthier and younger, or the treatments have gotten better. Both I believe are true.

deaths are not going to completely go away. We shut down originally to not overwhelm hospitals, now we as a county focus on cases and not hospitals. I don’t know why and when the whole agenda changed to save every life verse let’s not overrun hospitals.

This virus is serious and people should wear mask, however I do believe there is a way to continue with life in a smart and safe way.

I live in Nashville and we just went back a phase because cases “spiked” yet they followed up that exact news with the fact that they mass tested and Found cases linked to multiple bars. That means it’s a bunch of kids. Older people/those with underlying conditions know to shutter in place for now. We can’t continue to **** down the country because 20-35 year old adults are out in about living life.

This is what FL looks like.

1593716627407.png

Advertisement

Totally agree. My wife, kids, and I have recovered from COVID-19. Wife and I are relatively young (late 30s). Kids are little. Concerned about long-term effects.

My symptoms were light, but I feel constant pressure on the right side of my chest and slightly short of breath. I don’t think I should feel any of this seeing as I never had a cough.

Advertisement
Expect hospitalizations and deaths to increase.

The question though, is by how much.

Right now, the increase in hospitalizations is real, manageable, and not commensurate with the large spike in reported positive cases. Will it remain that way?

We’ll know in a month.

Otherwise, everybody has a theory on what’s going to happen over the next few weeks. Doesn’t mean they are right.

Advertisement
Back