Pro Wrestling AEW MEGA THREAD

I wonder if this prevents or just delays Flair from being in AEW. Kinda hypocritical to take a harsh stance on Max Caster for a promo on dark, and refuse to sign Marty Scurll, only to debut 'Naitch on the heels of that.

Advertisement
Not surprising that given the circumstances of his death. I just wish they came up with a better name than, the Owen.

Advertisement
Solid start to Dynamite, tonight. It’s nice to be a wrestling fan, again.
Another week, another 2 hour show stolen by MJF with a promo. I especially loved him dropping Bruce Prichard's name. When he was at MLW, Bruce always said MJF and Matt Riddle were going to be stars. Might as well lean into it.

When you look back at AEW in a few years when Jungle Boy, Sammy Guevara, Darby Allin, and MJF are legitimately the four biggest stars in the company, tonight's episode will seem like a very important one. Think this surely sets up what will be JB, Sammy, and Darby all winning the TNT Title before MJF wins the world championship first, which I assume will be when he beats Hangman for the title.

Things look to have stabilized a bit after AEW cashed their chips. Despite competition from football, Raw beat AEW last two weeks in demo (including loaded Grand Slam show) and continues to win easily overall. In general, the numbers for Smackdown/Raw/Dynamite are strong now that fans are back. Show quality is up, too.

If I’m AEW, I’m bringing in Bray Wyatt and Braun Strowman. They bring something different and WWE shouldn’t have cut them. Look how believable Miro is as a champion.

If I’m WWE, I’m making strong pushes for MJF and Jade Cargill. Those are the two talents developed outside the company that have what it takes to flourish in the big leagues.

Things look to have stabilized a bit after AEW cashed their chips. Despite competition from football, Raw beat AEW last two weeks in demo (including loaded Grand Slam show) and continues to win easily overall. In general, the numbers for Smackdown/Raw/Dynamite are strong now that fans are back. Show quality is up, too.

If I’m AEW, I’m bringing in Bray Wyatt and Braun Strowman. They bring something different and WWE shouldn’t have cut them. Look how believable Miro is as a champion.

If I’m WWE, I’m making strong pushes for MJF and Jade Cargill. Those are the two talents developed outside the company that have what it takes to flourish in the big leagues.
Wyatt was constantly taking off ….he missed a ridiculous amount of time. The only reason he didn’t get canned sooner was the amount of merch he sold. Availability is the best ability in the wrasslin business.

Advertisement

MJF would never work on a kid friendly show. His value is angering adults everything he breathes on a mic. I don't think it would work nearly as well for the family type show and I doubt he'll have the freedom he has now which I think is what most of the wrestlers are attracted to.

AEW isn't going to overtake WWE in total viewers until they get a red hot angle. WCW didn't start taking off in the 90s when Hogan and Savage showed up, it was the nWo storyline around Hall & Nash that changed everything. But to be successful as a company, AEW doesn't NEED to overtake them in total viewers. By not going head to head and simply existing and building upon what they have now will keep them in striking distance. Continue to peel people away who exclusively watch WWE to also watch wrestling on Wednesday nights.

Personally, I don't want to see Braun Strowman in AEW. He's the typical WWE guy who looks great but has 10 left feet and has horrible matches. Wyatt would be great but I don't see him showing up soon unless it's through the forbidden door from Impact or ROH.

MJF would never work on a kid friendly show. His value is angering adults everything he breathes on a mic. I don't think it would work nearly as well for the family type show and I doubt he'll have the freedom he has now which I think is what most of the wrestlers are attracted to.
He's good enough to adjust. All he has to do is not curse as much. Prichard would be able to convince McMahon that MJF can be trusted to come up with his own **** and not to water him down with pre-written promos. The bigger problem MJF has with WWE is his height. Even with all that, By the time MJF's contract comes up in 2025, Vince might not be here anymore.

Last edited:

Don't think either of those two will leave. Way too close with the bosses, especially MJF.

FWIW - you need to change your username in this thread to DLambert considering your gimmick.

Advertisement
He's good enough to adjust. All he has to do is not curse as much. Prichard would be able to convince McMahon that MJF can be trusted to come up with his own **** and not to water him down with pre-written promos. The bigger problem MJF has with WWE is his height. Even with all that, By the time MJF's contract comes up in 2025, Vince might not be here anymore.
If aew and WWE continue on there same trends by the time his contracts up they'll be no reason to go to WWE.

Everyone see Rick Steiner’s kids name? Bron Breaker lmfao what a joke. Name him rex Steiner and give him his uncles promos. Steiners belong on tnt lol

Advertisement
That was a botcherific episode of Dynamite and I don't care. My anxious millennial cowboy is back, and he did some cowboy ****.

See you jabrones on Friday at the James L. Knight Center. The American Dragon Bryan Danielson versus MINORU ******* SUZUKI.

the-rock-dont-cry.gif

lit-hype.gif

Advertisement
Back