Open up the Damn Country and Stop Playing games!

rccollins

Sophomore
you have to realize that the people that die from this virus do not die right away. They are infected and don't know it for an average of 5 days. then go to the doc between days 5-10, then are hospitalized for a couple weeks before they die. So the people that died today were infected about 25 days ago. so if our trajectory continues over the next few weeks as it has (doubling every 2.5-3 days) and in 25 days from now 100,000 people die, it means roughly

yep. thats why imo it was so important to have a federal shutdown at the beginning of this week at the latest. could have saved potentially 100,000 lives. They let it go for another week after this, and we could be looking at over 1 million lives lost. Fuckin crazy
didn't quite finish the top part of my post.. thought i erased it...but i was going to say" and in 25 days from now 100,000 people die, it means roughly".....10 million people were already infected around this date.

1LuvCane

Senior
I’m actually more interested in you proving you are either intellectual or educated, personally.
Yuk, yuk, yuk.....
A lot of people on here act like they have real purpose in someone's reality. Shows lack of self esteem. I'm totally indifferent to your opinion.

brcane1

Sophomore
I had a coworker with COVID-19. Three weeks later after the fever broke and the pain in the chest subsided, he can still barely breath.

What mouth breathers like OP fail to understand is it's not the death that's the worst part to be honest. It's the long term effects to the lungs of normally healthy people. Imagine what our health care system will be like when we have 20 million infected and after they're "cured" they still can't breath and have severe COPD like effects.

I swear does anyone calling for "business as usual" have any kind of thoughts that are not 4 seconds in front of their face?

Trump only wants to get re-elected, but his economy was already over bloated off tax cuts and rate cuts. Valuations didn't match stock prices and it was going to come crashing down sooner or later. That's a fact. Corona was just the straw that broke the camels back and the reason why were in such dire straights now is because of tax cuts and rate cuts in "the greatest economy ever" when they weren't needed. It's the same as giving chemo to a healthy person.
This guy gets it. Covid is just the Black Swan.

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
4 days from now ~4,000

6 days from now ~8,000

8 days from now ~16,000

10 days from now ~32,000

Time will tell.
👆from Wed, 25 Mar.

1,732 deaths as of Sat, 28 Mar, 1013 EST.

NO WHERE EVEN CLOSE to hysterical doom amd gloom pace.

Thankfully. Mercifully.

Reasonable People: 1 Hysterics: 0

brcane1

Sophomore
👆from Wed, 25 Mar.

1,732 deaths as of Sat, 28 Mar, 1013 EST.

NO WHERE EVEN CLOSE to hysterical doom amd gloom pace.

Thankfully. Mercifully.

Reasonable People: 1 Hysterics: 0
Didn't @rccollins post that it would 1600-1800 in 2 days on wednesday? It was about 1600 yesterday, which means they were right...

No one agreed to the crazy doubling scheme you posted as far as I can tell. The last model from UW had total deaths in 4 months at ~80k, assuming we don't do anything stupid regarding relaxing safe guards.

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Didn't @rccollins post that it would 1600-1800 in 2 days on wednesday? It was about 1600 yesterday, which means they were right...

No one agreed to the crazy doubling scheme you posted as far as I can tell. The last model from UW had total deaths in 4 months at ~80k, assuming we don't do anything stupid regarding relaxing safe guards.
PS..thatswasnt "my doubling scheme" I took what was being offered by some "experts" and did a basic run.

ITSA GOOD THING THEY CONTINUE TO BE PROVEN WRONG.

This isn't a game of "let's see how we can remove POTUS".