Open up the Damn Country and Stop Playing games!

rccollins

Sophomore
Our population is over 320 million.

According to your doubling theory, we will reach 10 million in about 2 weeks give or take a couple of days.

i’m not disputing what you’re saying, I’m just letting you know what it actually means. And then if it increases that much, with the death increases staying increasing at the same rate they are now, it will have a much lower death percentage than the flu. Much much lower.

I just don’t know what’s going to happen, but in two or three weeks we can have a much better idea.
i think we will be at 10 million in just a few days.. in 2 weeks it would be way higher than that. there are a lot that re staying in and social distancing, so a lot of those poeple will not get it, but still an insanely large percentage if things continue going the way they are going imo

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
From complications. Not sure what the confusing part is here.

Don't get mad because you can't comprehend the English language.

Here you are, bring your own citations, and NOTHING in that article says he died from ANYTHING other than Coronavirus and "complications FROM CORONAVIRUS".

Was he old? Sure. So you are trying to use an 81 year old man to fix your prior screw-up related to much younger victims? Hilarious.

Please, since you think you are some very stable genius, tell us exactly WHICH WORDS in your ridiculous citation specify that "complications from Coronavirus" mean the non-sensical BULLSH!TE that you claim it means.

I'll wait. You've got nothing. Literally, nothing.

An 81 year old man died from Coronavirus, and you are trying to use that to redefine what the word "from" means.

Keep spreading your misinformation.
From the article...

"...McNally died Tuesday due to complications from the coronavirus. He was 81.

McNally, who last year received the Tony Award for Lifetime Achievement in the Theatre, died in a hospital in Sarasota, Florida, according to his publicist, Matt Polk.

He was a lung cancer survivor and had a lung disease called chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), Polk said..."

He died from COVID-19 as a result of his preexisting condition.

Healthy ppople are not succumbing to this virus beyond flu-like symptoms.

You might need to lay down. Try yoga or meditation.

Last edited:

Empirical Cane

800 yesterday to 837 today. Numbers don't lie.
My heart breaks for those families.

I was expecting 3,700 or 37,000 increase at least.

I mean, you know, with the "death rate" and all and every metropolitan hospital making triage decisions in parking lots because of the massive overflow of patients everywhere.

rccollins

Sophomore
My heart breaks for those families.

I was expecting 3,700 or 37,000 increase at least.

I mean, you know, with the "death rate" and all and every metropolitan hospital making triage decisions in parking lots because of the massive overflow of patients everywhere.
not sure where or when he got his numbers. seeing it up in the 890s right now. Thing is still doubling every 2.5-3 days. https://covidtracking.com/us-daily/

305to954

All ACC
From the article...

"...McNally died Tuesday due to complications from the coronavirus. He was 81.

McNally, who last year received the Tony Award for Lifetime Achievement in the Theatre, died in a hospital in Sarasota, Florida, according to his publicist, Matt Polk.

He was a lung cancer survivor and had a lung disease called chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), Polk said..."

He died from COVID-19 as a result of his preexisting condition.

Healthy ppople are not succumbing to this virus beyond flu-like symptoms.

You might need to lay down. Try yoga or meditation.

Empirical Cane

Canes1968

Sophomore
it's actually closer to a 1% mortality rate. So, what's 1% of 327 million?

even if it is .012%, are you cool with 30k plus deaths?
yes, 30k plus deaths is well within the margin of acceptability. That was a stupid question sir.

rccollins

Sophomore
10 million in a few days.

Ok.
you have to realize that the people that die from this virus do not die right away. They are infected and don't know it for an average of 5 days. then go to the doc between days 5-10, then are hospitalized for a couple weeks before they die. So the people that died today were infected about 25 days ago. so if our trajectory continues over the next few weeks as it has (doubling every 2.5-3 days) and in 25 days from now 100,000 people die, it means roughly
4 days from now ~4,000

6 days from now ~8,000

8 days from now ~16,000

10 days from now ~32,000

Time will tell.
yep. thats why imo it was so important to have a federal shutdown at the beginning of this week at the latest. could have saved potentially 100,000 lives. They let it go for another week after this, and we could be looking at over 1 million lives lost. Fuckin crazy

Empirical Cane

you have to realize that the people that die from this virus do not die right away. They are infected and don't know it for an average of 5 days. then go to the doc between days 5-10, then are hospitalized for a couple weeks before they die. So the people that died today were infected about 25 days ago. so if our trajectory continues over the next few weeks as it has (doubling every 2.5-3 days) and in 25 days from now 100,000 people die, it means roughly

yep. thats why imo it was so important to have a federal shutdown at the beginning of this week at the latest. could have saved potentially 100,000 lives. They let it go for another week after this, and we could be looking at over 1 million lives lost. Fuckin crazy
Brother...I REALLY hope I'm right and you are wrong.

No offense.