Ole **** just got vacated....

Vacating wins isn't "hammered"

WTF cares about vacating wins?

Exactly, but that is Miami fan tail tucked syndrome.

Dewan Hernandez was a great example this year. With him, we are likely a semi-competitive ACC basketball team with a few more wins, no ACC title or national championship. If we would have played him (like Louisville, etc) and he was found ineligible.....we would have been forced to vacate wins from a season that really didn't matter much thanks to the bull**** FBI probe destroying our recruiting. Where's the downside.

Vacating wins (except championships) is the most ridiculous bull****...everyone knows who won.

I used to blame the NCAA the most. Now I blame Miami. You are not a "rogue" institution to do what EVERY other freakin school does....if anything, we are rogue for letting the fear of the NCAA dictate how we operate athletic at the highest level.

UM

Advertisement
quote-the-ncaa-is-so-mad-at-kentucky-theyre-going-to-give-cleveland-state-another-year-of-jerry-tarkanian-74-77-23.jpg
Miss that guy. Tark was an awesome coach. Those UNLV teams with Johnson, Augmon,, Anthony, Hunt etc were exciting as ****. Kind of like watching the Canes of old.

Miss that guy. Tark was an awesome coach. Those UNLV teams with Johnson, Augmon,, Anthony, Hunt etc were exciting as ****. Kind of like watching the Canes of old.

Most people don't remember this, but...

In 1995 Tark came home to Fresno to coach his (and my) alma mater, Fresno State. Within a month of taking that job, he took the Fresno State roster from zero to elite. It was an unreal thing to witness. **** near every 5 star recruit in the country was actively calling Fresno State asking to be recruited by them. I remember watching an ESPN analyst doing a preseason overview and he was amazed and said that Tark just put together a top five team IN FRESNO in about 6 weeks.

I was out of college but was working for an Electrical Engineering Services firm doing a lot of work around campus so I got to see this first hand. Within then next month, the NCAA had stationed a half dozen people in Fresno. A massive microscope was being installed directly over the Fresno State Athletics Department. University administrators were scared ****less, as the Bulldog Foundation has always been known to be into some very sketchy bidness and they didn't want any national attention. This caused a rift between fans and university management.

Over the next 2 months, nearly every kid on the basketball team began getting arrested, getting put on academic probation, had the results of on campus drug tests revealed to the national media, etc... In short, the NCAA was putting a hit on Fresno State. That entire team fell apart. But for that one fleeting half of a season, I got a first hand look at how dominant of a character Jerry Tarkanian was. The top player in the country the previous year was a kid from NYC named Stephon Marbury. He committed to Ga Tech. When Tark signed with Fresno State, Stephon Marbury called him and said he was willing to transfer from Ga Tech to Fresno State and WAS WILLING TO SIT OUT A YEAR just to play for Tark, but Tark said no and told him to stay at GT and get to the NBA. That kid ended up going #4 overall in the 96 or 97 draft. (??)

The Man was truly a legend!! Keep in mind the NCAA's entire case against him at UNLV was over a kid named Lloyd Daniels WHO NEVER PLAYED AT UNLV NOR DID HE EVER EVEN ENROLL AT UNLV. I guess that's why they ultimately lost their legal battle with Jerry Tarkanian.

No seriously, this board is flat out sick of Georgia.

No, seriously, it's a racist, backwards piece of crap state that the entire rest of the country holds in low regard. Just listening to someone from there speak is IQ lowering. And I am pretty sure most of this board is tired of hearing about anything that happens there, as this board has nothing to do with it, or UGA. There's a few of you that endlessly drone on about Georgia related crap like we all give a ****. Newsflash, we don't!

LOL, now I know you're ignorant or 12 years old, one or the other. How about you back up your innuendos with some FACTS instead of blatantly slobbering on everyone's c@ck by speaking for this board. Florida has as many racist people as Georgia does. Racism is everywhere and I promise you, just because everyone from Georgia doesn't say "Fuhgetaboutit" does not mean their IQ is low. It probably means it's higher.

Advertisement
Fail. I don't live in Georgia but I have been there plenty and know the difference between the north and south. If you have experienced both, there's no comparison.
Especially if you get pulled over by a good ole boy cop in rural Georgia for having out of state plates, and your black.
LOL, now I know you're ignorant or 12 years old, one or the other. How about you back up your innuendos with some FACTS instead of blatantly slobbering on everyone's c@ck by speaking for this board. Florida has as many racist people as Georgia does. Racism is everywhere and I promise you, just because everyone from Georgia doesn't say "Fuhgetaboutit" does not mean their IQ is low. It probably means it's higher.
Jesus H, there are more people people here than I thought. You Wilbur's are crawling out of the woodwork. I don't have to back up ****. Am I writing a term paper or something here? Claiming FL has as many racists people isn't a 'gotcha' moment. It's actually pretty sad. What should I say, "congratulation"? Outside of Atlanta and the suburbs, find me a place more backwards, good ole boy racist, or with a dumber sounding accent than Georgia. If you ain't at the bottom of that list, your **** near close to it.

Especially if you get pulled over by a good ole boy cop in rural Georgia for having out of state plates, and your black.

Jesus H, there are more people people here than I thought. You Wilbur's are crawling out of the woodwork. I don't have to back up ****. Am I writing a term paper or something here? Claiming FL has as many racists people isn't a 'gotcha' moment. It's actually pretty sad. What should I say, "congratulation"? Outside of Atlanta and the suburbs, find me a place more backwards, good ole boy racist, or with a dumber sounding accent than Georgia. If you ain't at the bottom of that list, your **** near close to it.
Lulz at the irony of you not seeing the hypocrisy of this porst

I can tell a Southern boy done took yo puzzy. Hey, I would be mad too, because I have ****ed off a many MF's like you when I walked in there with that Southern charm and that Southern accent, took your chedda and left you standing there with yo jaw dropped open.

But tell me this, how long you been :4e49c5euykr1o.jpg: ? And don't tell me "fuhgetaboutit", Staten Island.

Advertisement
I can tell a Southern boy done took yo puzzy. Hey, I would be mad too, because I have ****ed off a many MF's like you when I walked in there with that Southern charm and that Southern accent, took your chedda and left you standing there with yo jaw dropped open.

But tell me this, how long you been :4e49c5euykr1o.jpg: ? And don't tell me "fuhgetaboutit", Staten Island.
Is there an English translation of this? And no, I don't live anywhere near NY, so I don't what you are going on about.?

/funny watching people typing in 'street'.

“Dumber sounding accent”? You a fckin clown. Eat a dyck and have a nice day.

Advertisement
It's evident to me LoungeLord has never dated a Southern girl, love the accent.
You could be a leading scientist and come off speaking like Gomer Pyle and you would be hard pressed to not be considered a potato. Seriously, it's not something to be proud of. It's annoyingly stupid sounding.

Advertisement
Exactly, but that is Miami fan tail tucked syndrome.

Dewan Hernandez was a great example this year. With him, we are likely a semi-competitive ACC basketball team with a few more wins, no ACC title or national championship. If we would have played him (like Louisville, etc) and he was found ineligible.....we would have been forced to vacate wins from a season that really didn't matter much thanks to the bull**** FBI probe destroying our recruiting. Where's the downside.

Vacating wins (except championships) is the most ridiculous bull****...everyone knows who won.

I used to blame the NCAA the most. Now I blame Miami. You are not a "rogue" institution to do what EVERY other freakin school does....if anything, we are rogue for letting the fear of the NCAA dictate how we operate athletic at the highest level.

UM

Except the other schools don’t get punished and we do.

When the NCAA hands down a ruling there is literally no recourse except the civil courts and years of litigation that likely will result in nothing.

So we are literally hostage to the NCAA

Advertisement
Back