2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Howard from Jersey & the Freeling kid from South Carolina I feel best about for OT. And keep pushing for Maigoia at IMG, that's the dream tackle right there.
One of the high level OT’s and Sanker would be an incredible pull to partner with Tripp and development guy like Tinilau.

Probably need one more tackle, too.

One of the high level OT’s and Sanker would be an incredible pull to partner with Tripp and development guy like Tinilau.

Probably need one more tackle, too.
And we're definitely battling for Kirkland & Shanahan as interior guys. Seems inevitable we land two or three major o line prospects, something that was unfathomable in the last 3 regimes.

Thats a helluva OV list. This kid a 5* or something? Your talking about the heavy hitters we are going head to head against.

Advertisement
Thats a helluva OV list. This kid a 5* or something? Your talking about the heavy hitters we are going head to head against.
NFL type body as a high schooler at 6'6 315 and strong as an ox. Father played in NFL Europe and was on the Falcons practice squad so has that pedigree. I think last year was his first year playing in the US?

Lots to like.

Was on the Sebastian Lane show last night. Link will start playing at his interview.

I previously said I hated that we were the first visit. Much prefer to be last or at least the 3rd visit. Even more concerning given he says he will be committing in June/July timeframe so we won't have much time to undo the momentum from his last couple of visits.

Was on the Sebastian Lane show last night. Link will start playing at his interview.

I previously said I hated that we were the first visit. Much prefer to be last or at least the 3rd visit. Even more concerning given he says he will be committing in June/July timeframe so we won't have much time to undo the momentum from his last couple of visits.

I think that's a overblown talking point. These players don't have fish brains. Coaches stay in touch with these guys daily pretty much. Once they visit, we are in it regardless of who else they visit. Sounds like he has a really strong relationship with Mario and Mirabal. I see his visit as coming to see the school then its a wrap for me. Regardless of who he visits

Advertisement
I think that's a overblown talking point. These players don't have fish brains. Coaches stay in touch with these guys daily pretty much. Once they visit, we are in it regardless of who else they visit.
We were in strong shape w/Connerly after the first visit. By the fourth visit, we were an afterthought.

Iuli was a stone cold lock until the last Oregon visit.

Even w/Mario, I'd still rather be the final visit and close.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think that's a overblown talking point. These players don't have fish brains. Coaches stay in touch with these guys daily pretty much. Once they visit, we are in it regardless of who else they visit. Sounds like he has a really strong relationship with Mario and Mirabal. I see his visit as coming to see the school then its a wrap for me. Regardless of who he visits

It's not just a talking point. Have you seen the stats for players that sign with a school, versus the last OV they took?

Generally you want to be the last one. Psychologically speaking, its the visit with the most lasting memory because it's the last one.

From a recruiting standpoint, you can react to what other programs have done. You are the last visit, so you can go in guns blazing. If you are the first one or an early one, all you do is set a baseline for other programs to match.

I don’t know anything about this kid, but typically kids use the last OV for their favorite. Having an early visit is rarely a positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back