OL Commit Gall Recruiting for 'Canes

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Miami offensive line commitment Alex Gall from Moeller High in Cincinnati, Ohio has been arguably the most solid commit in this year's class ever since he pulled the trigger back in the summer. Why did he choose the 'Canes in the first place?

"Just from the first time I talked to Coach Kehoe, he was an awesome guy and obviously he's a great coach. I had visited a bunch of other places and nothing had ever felt like Miami. I got a really good feel because it felt like a family and the coaches were great. Everything just pieced together really well."

Something that has really stuck out to Gall throughout the process is Al Golden's vision for the future of the program.

"The way he speaks is just amazing and inspirational. He has a great offseason program of conditioning and strength training. He's brought in an amazing staff and he's trying to build something special. He only wants people who want to be there and doesn't want people who will cause trouble for the university. He wants an all-around good person and player."

The gritty offensive lineman sees big things for the future of this team.

"I didn't really know what to think this year. I knew they were really, really young this year with a lot of potential. I think with the guys were bringing and and the others who will come that we are going to build something special and take from the experience of the ones who are already there. I think everything is really going to come together. I didn't have crazy expectations this year because I knew they were still really young and the coaching staff was trying to teach their philosophies so I think it was just another building year, but next year it could really come together."

Something that Gall has made a point of doing is reaching out to other Miami commits and targets.

"Most commonly, I'm in contact with Hunter Knighton and Jeremy Kerr. I think Jeremy and I are planning on being roommates. I've talked to him for the last couple months and we've become close. I talked to Standish (Dobard) when I was down there and Kevin (Olsen) too."

There is talk that Jeremy Kerr is looking heavily at Florida State, but Gall doesn't see much to worry about.

"I think he just wants to visit and make sure everything is perfect. He told me he's still committed and not going anywhere, so I think it's more of a precaution at this point if something happened. He said he pans on sticking with Miami, it's just for precaution."

The Ohio native made a tweet recently that had 'Canes fans buzzing. The tweet read, "If im from Cincinnati, Ohio and see that Miami is doing something special how come kids from Florida can't see it?" Gall had some reasoning behind that message.

"I was wondering why there wasn't more kids from down in the Miami area that go to Miami. I came from a long way to find something that I think is really great and it's a great group of coaches and players around the program so I don't know why more of them haven't realized that and joined the 'Canes."

Part of his role as a strong commit has been helping the Miami staff inform their targets about the program.

"I try to keep on top of that and ask the coaches if there's anyone I can get in contact with and help them find out more about Miami. I'm not gonna push people to make a decision they don't want to make because it's their decision at the end of the day. I can't push them into something they don't want to live with."

From those who have seen Gall play, it's obvious that his calling card is his aggression and attitude. He spoke on why he plays with that mentality, but also says not to get it confused with the type of guy he is off-the-field.

"I feel like when you're on the field, you need to be nasty and make people fear you, but when you're not playing then you need to be a nice guy. When I step on the field, I try to be as mean as I can because I don't want people to disrespect me or to go after me or my team. I'll defend people to the end and I'm not afraid to get down and dirty to let people know that I'm willing to work and beat you every play. I also feel like I want to be known as the nicest guy. I don't think there's anyone I know that thinks of me as a mean person because I try to be nice to everyone I know. I don't want to make any enemies and I don't want anybody to hate me. I want them to hate me on the football field, but when I stop off of it then I'll be your best friend because it's a game and you've got to be nasty and let people know you're crazy and willing to do anything."

Gall will visit Miami on January 18th.

Advertisement
This attitude of incoming recruits will really be the biggest difference in the future of this program and in a very positive way...

Trust the Tie

he may be the key to alex collins i mean rb's loves the big uglies and a guy like this can make you say **** let me come and be a beast here!!!!!

Advertisement
Golden needs to try his best every recruiting class to get this kind of recruit. This is what has been missing from the canes for quite some time. It's easy to put your hands together and throw up the U or talk crap about how you have that UM swag...... This kid has not even played a down for us yet and if you'd cut him I bet he would bleed Green and Orange. Duke was that way last year, now Gall this class. Those late 90's and early 2000's teams didn't give a crap about there star ratings or if there was another high recruit above them on the depth chart. You think gore cared? He had mcgahee and portis above him on the depth chart when he got here. He was patient, worked his *** off and when he got the oppurtunity he balled out. F*** stars, I want young men that take pride in the colors they put on every saturday and about the guy lining up next to them. Now that my rant is over, Keith Bryant seems immature as **** with the way he's handled his recruiting. I'd rather have AQM.

Advertisement
Miami offensive line commitment Alex Gall from Moeller High in Cincinnati, Ohio has been arguably the most solid commit in this year's class ever since he pulled the trigger back in the summer. Why did he choose the 'Canes in the first place?

"Just from the first time I talked to Coach Kehoe, he was an awesome guy and obviously he's a great coach. I had visited a bunch of other places and nothing had ever felt like Miami. I got a really good feel because it felt like a family and the coaches were great. Everything just pieced together really well."

Something that has really stuck out to Gall throughout the process is Al Golden's vision for the future of the program.

"The way he speaks is just amazing and inspirational. He has a great offseason program of conditioning and strength training. He's brought in an amazing staff and he's trying to build something special. He only wants people who want to be there and doesn't want people who will cause trouble for the university. He wants an all-around good person and player."

The gritty offensive lineman sees big things for the future of this team.

"I didn't really know what to think this year. I knew they were really, really young this year with a lot of potential. I think with the guys were bringing and and the others who will come that we are going to build something special and take from the experience of the ones who are already there. I think everything is really going to come together. I didn't have crazy expectations this year because I knew they were still really young and the coaching staff was trying to teach their philosophies so I think it was just another building year, but next year it could really come together."

Something that Gall has made a point of doing is reaching out to other Miami commits and targets.

"Most commonly, I'm in contact with Hunter Knighton and Jeremy Kerr. I think Jeremy and I are planning on being roommates. I've talked to him for the last couple months and we've become close. I talked to Standish (Dobard) when I was down there and Kevin (Olsen) too."

There is talk that Jeremy Kerr is looking heavily at Florida State, but Gall doesn't see much to worry about.

"I think he just wants to visit and make sure everything is perfect. He told me he's still committed and not going anywhere, so I think it's more of a precaution at this point if something happened. He said he pans on sticking with Miami, it's just for precaution."

The Ohio native made a tweet recently that had 'Canes fans buzzing. The tweet read, "If im from Cincinnati, Ohio and see that Miami is doing something special how come kids from Florida can't see it?" Gall had some reasoning behind that message.

"I was wondering why there wasn't more kids from down in the Miami area that go to Miami. I came from a long way to find something that I think is really great and it's a great group of coaches and players around the program so I don't know why more of them haven't realized that and joined the 'Canes."

Part of his role as a strong commit has been helping the Miami staff inform their targets about the program.

"I try to keep on top of that and ask the coaches if there's anyone I can get in contact with and help them find out more about Miami. I'm not gonna push people to make a decision they don't want to make because it's their decision at the end of the day. I can't push them into something they don't want to live with."

From those who have seen Gall play, it's obvious that his calling card is his aggression and attitude. He spoke on why he plays with that mentality, but also says not to get it confused with the type of guy he is off-the-field.

"I feel like when you're on the field, you need to be nasty and make people fear you, but when you're not playing then you need to be a nice guy. When I step on the field, I try to be as mean as I can because I don't want people to disrespect me or to go after me or my team. I'll defend people to the end and I'm not afraid to get down and dirty to let people know that I'm willing to work and beat you every play. I also feel like I want to be known as the nicest guy. I don't think there's anyone I know that thinks of me as a mean person because I try to be nice to everyone I know. I don't want to make any enemies and I don't want anybody to hate me. I want them to hate me on the football field, but when I stop off of it then I'll be your best friend because it's a game and you've got to be nasty and let people know you're crazy and willing to do anything.
"

Gall will visit Miami on January 18th.
Found this pic in Gall twitter... the caption he posted?
O did you fall?

gall.jpg

I can´t remember a better interview, Pete. Congratulations!

Advertisement
Golden needs to try his best every recruiting class to get this kind of recruit. This is what has been missing from the canes for quite some time. It's easy to put your hands together and throw up the U or talk crap about how you have that UM swag...... This kid has not even played a down for us yet and if you'd cut him I bet he would bleed Green and Orange. Duke was that way last year, now Gall this class. Those late 90's and early 2000's teams didn't give a crap about there star ratings or if there was another high recruit above them on the depth chart. You think gore cared? He had mcgahee and portis above him on the depth chart when he got here. He was patient, worked his *** off and when he got the oppurtunity he balled out. F*** stars, I want young men that take pride in the colors they put on every saturday and about the guy lining up next to them. Now that my rant is over, Keith Bryant seems immature as **** with the way he's handled his recruiting. I'd rather have AQM.

Makes no sense to say you'd rather have AQM than Bryant, given that they play different positions. Bottom line, we need stud def tackles, so we don't want to lose Bryant.

I know what you mean, yes we do need DT's. But if in the end it came down to waiting on Bryant or taking AQM, I'm taking the potential game changer in AQM. DT's are like Olinemen, Stars don't mean sh**. Look at all the good DT's in the league, yeah there are a few that were 5* guys, but the vast majority were not. Not to mention he isn't viewed as a guy with the best work ethic or mentality.

Advertisement
Alex Gall ‏@BigCountryGall
@Budda03 Come back to the U my man we need you in this class and you know the U wants U! Also i would be proud to block for you!
Collapse Reply Retweet Favorited

Alex Gall's recent tweet at Alex Collins.

@Budda03 Come back to the U my man we need you in this class and you know the U wants U! Also i would be proud to block for you!

Oh my

You deserve this gif, young man.

Attachments

• crying.jpg
    crying.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 15
Advertisement
Back