O-Line Weakness

TheUBack

Taking a break
How we living boys.

Obviously 2018 was wack, so forgetting that and moving on.

I love the moves Manny has made. We look better. But I worry our O-Line is cheeks.

I only right now feel confident in 4 guys:

LG: Reed
C: Gaynor
RG: Donaldson (he's honestly pretty sus but whatever)
RT: Scaife

We have heard good things about Campbell and Hillary. The Butler transfer I am skeptical on (1-AA and light). Honestly all of the 19 guys on the OL look like straight ***.

Tate is a baller. If he gets his waiver we're winning some games. But I don't know how the F the RBs are supposed to run behind our line. Can anyone make me feel better about this or is the line still 2 cycles away?

Advertisement
How we living boys.

I love the moves Manny has made. We look better. But I worry our O-Line is cheeks.

We have heard good things about Campbell and Hillary. The Butler transfer I am skeptical on (1-AA and light). Honestly all of the 19 guys on the OL look like straight ***.

Tate is a baller. If he gets his waiver we're winning some games. But I don't know how the F the RBs are supposed to run behind our line. Can anyone make me feel better about this or is the line still 2 cycles away?
Based on what I saw last season, I'm not confident in any of them.

Dmoney is always talking up Campbell but don’t know how ready he is. Will we ever get something out of Herbert and Hillery? Barry is new so he don’t care what you Played before. He’s gonna place you in the spot he thinks is right.

Also look up north at the ****stain that is fspoo and you’ll realize it could be a lot worse

Advertisement
Some people love to have something to harp on. The schemes ran by Richt would make Bama's OL look suspect. Wait! You will see how better schemes will all of sudden fix our OL problems.
But I know some of you won't be happy with that because it'll take away your complaint card. Soooooo carry on.

Some people love to have something to harp on. The schemes ran by Richt would make Bama's OL look suspect. Wait! You will see how better schemes will all of sudden fix our OL problems.
But I know some of you won't be happy with that because it'll take away your complaint card. Soooooo carry on.
Dude, I love my Canes. It's gonna be my sibling's Senior Year at the U and I hope it's a strong football season will add to the awesome experience. I just am very skeptical on the hogs we have to protect. Are any quality grad transfers in play? Is Braun an option? Are we rolling with this crew? I'd appreciate some insight on these guys.

Failing that, if this is the squad, get them a hookup with Arod's personal doctor stat

Like the attitude. But even if he's a badass I can't see a punter helping the O-Line. I want a better OLine to see less of the Sicario Punter
Just messing around. I don't know the real answer. New O staff and scheme should help for sure, but we are lacking in Big Bad Dogs up there.

The Oline is not as bad as it seems to be. Searles and scheme didnt help out the unit. Searles couldn't identify players best position and played guys that didnt need to be in the game.

Advertisement
How we living boys.

If you aren’t confident in Kennedy with three years of FCS competition why would you be confident with Reed based on a redshirt year?

Advertisement
I don't think the line has the talent to be dominant but they don't have to be great, they just can't be terrible like they were a lot of last season. The offense and predictable play calling played a big role in that so I'm curious to see what a change of styles can do to maybe mask some of the deficiencies. Miami was very deliberate and often predictable on offense last year. It's tough to get all your blocks when the defense already knows what you're going to do before the ball is snapped.

How we living boys.

Hard to get excited about Reed until see him on the field. Guy who better be able to play is Kennedy. If not, the OL remains a serious problem.

Advertisement
The ol will automatically improve by having actual coaches on the offense and having a scheme from this century. Mix in the Butler kid and one more transfer and we’ll be fine.

Oh and an ol coach that can actually coach should help.

I’m hoping a lot of the O-Lines looking like sHT had to do with technique and the way Sereals was teaching them.Hoping this new guy can show them the correct way and this makes for improvements.

We ain’t winning anything of substance( The ACC ,MNC,Playoff game etc) If what we’ve seen the last couple years is actually as bad as they’ve looked.

Advertisement
Back