• Attention: Register today to view CanesInSight Ad-Free for 7 days.

NY Changes COVID Accounting Methodology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Muppets getting ahead of future significant downward revisions to "COVID deaths and Hospitalization".

What did we tell you??

"... New York Gov. Kathy Hochul is asking hospitals to adjust their reporting on COVID-19 hospitalizations to distinguish patients admitted for the virus as their primary condition from those who are hospitalized for other reasons and test positive for COVID-19 during their stay..."

"... I have always wondered: When we're looking at the hospitalizations of people testing positive in a hospital, is that person in the hospital because of COVID, or did they show up there and are routinely tested and showing positive, and they may have been asymptomatic or even just had the sniffles?" the governor said..."

"... Ms. Hochul noted that conversations with hospital leaders across the state have led her to believe inpatients with COVID-19 as a secondary or later diagnosis could account for 20 to 50 percent of the state's reported COVID-19 hospitalizations. "But we don't have clear data right now; that's anecdotal," she said..."

👆It's almost as if an actual adult wrote her press release! Who knew the NY Gov was a racist hillbilly jesus freak seditionist unsophisticate?

Settle down muppets before you start screaming "it's just Omicron!!"

No, it isn't.

Last edited:

JD08

Rellyrell says: Only in CIS
Maude
Muppets getting ahead of future significant downward revisions to "COVID deaths and Hospitalization".

What did we tell you??

"... New York Gov. Kathy Hochul is asking hospitals to adjust their reporting on COVID-19 hospitalizations to distinguish patients admitted for the virus as their primary condition from those who are hospitalized for other reasons and test positive for COVID-19 during their stay..."

"... I have always wondered: When we're looking at the hospitalizations of people testing positive in a hospital, is that person in the hospital because of COVID, or did they show up there and are routinely tested and showing positive, and they may have been asymptomatic or even just had the sniffles?" the governor said..."

"... Ms. Hochul noted that conversations with hospital leaders across the state have led her to believe inpatients with COVID-19 as a secondary or later diagnosis could account for 20 to 50 percent of the state's reported COVID-19 hospitalizations. "But we don't have clear data right now; that's anecdotal," she said..."

👆It's almost as if an actual adult wrote her press release! Who knew the NY Gov was a racist hillbilly jesus freak seditionist unsophisticate?

Settle down muppets before you start screaming "it's just Omicron!!"

No, it isn't.
I understand the desire to see the actual number, but this could go really bad. The primary diagnosis can change multiple times for a patient during a stay. So what happens if someone comes in for some problem and test negative, then develops symptoms and tests positive? Likewise, what happens if someone tests positive and it's discovered that the sypmtoms aren't related to the covid diagnosis? The only way would be a daily snapshot, but both of those scenarios I laid out would result in a false trend. That's not even considering any incentive to adjust the diagnosis to make covid numbers look better or worse.

Empirical Cane

sfvVcEvsC6BoI.gif

Mike6094

Banned
Banned
They have to keep up the Deathsantis, red state is responsible for covid narrative.
Why can’t we criticize both states for their blunders since the beginning of the pandemic? Because surely you don’t think Ronny boy was perfect in his handling of his response/messaging in his state, right?

NC_Canes_11

All American
Why can’t we criticize both states for their blunders since the beginning of the pandemic? Because surely you don’t think Ronny boy was perfect in his handling of his response/messaging in his state, right?
Idk why you keep following around every post I make but I’ve made clear that any politician who endorsed any sort of lockdown failed. It’s just that he was the first one to realize it didn’t work. So by default he did the best. Covid gonna covid. If you helped protect the elderly and left everybody else alone, you did all you could. Time to move on with our lives.

Empirical Cane

About as perfect as can be expected.

Because, well, adults.

Mike6094

Banned
Banned
About as perfect as can be expected.

Because, well, adults.
Anybody with a brain who is not biased knows DeSantis has had many screwups since the beginning of this pandemic. Especially over the last 16-20 months. That’s why you’re seeing him lose support aside from the hardcore Trumpers and those who think Democrats are evil…

Empirical Cane

Anybody with a brain who is not biased knows DeSantis has had many screwups since the beginning of this pandemic. Especially over the last 16-20 months. That’s why you’re seeing him lose support aside from the hardcore Trumpers and those who think Democrats are evil…
I have a brain*

I'm not biased.

He hasn't had nearly the screwups you think.

*marginally functional on my best day

Mike6094

Banned
Banned
I have a brain*

I'm not biased.

Really? That’s all you got? That’s fantastic. Haha

Suhrthing

Recruit
I have a brain*

I'm not biased.

#dontfeed

Status
Not open for further replies.