Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
It gets better and better. Delusional- Having false unrealistic beliefs or opinions. Maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness. (Caused by having to go to school and actually live 24 hours a day for 6 years (we're talking FSU) in Trailerhassee.

Last edited:
I think the loss of their defensive ends will hurt. We didn't replace Phillips. Losing that sort of talent makes things harder.

They have a new OC, yet other schools changing coaches only hurts them. We have significant upgrades in coaching. These guys think they are going to the accg.

Advertisement
Not an insider but I was at an event the other day, and ran into an acquaintance that’s an FSU donor. He’s more reasonable than most (hated the Taggart hire and thinks Norvell is a bum).

Apparently, by extending Norvell last year his buyout was reduced considerably. If Norvell fails, which this guy expects, the plan is to make a run at Lane Kiffin. Apparently, Kiffin is interested in the job. Would be an interesting turn of events for them.

Not an insider but I was at an event the other day, and ran into an acquaintance that’s an FSU donor. He’s more reasonable than most (hated the Taggart hire and thinks Norvell is a bum).

Apparently, by extending Norvell last year his buyout was reduced considerably. If Norvell fails, which this guy expects, the plan is to make a run at Lane Kiffin. Apparently, Kiffin is interested in the job. Would be an interesting turn of events for them.
That makes the norvell extension make a lot more sense. I doubt their ability to pull Kiffen tho.

If I was them I'd have Aranda at the top of the wish list. But thank God I ain't them 🙏.

Kiffin and fsu coeds would be a fun duo.

Advertisement

Sad Cheryl Cole GIF

Baylor has become an actual solid program, idk if he’d jump to a mess of a program like FSU. I mean **** the last HC was just as good and he went straight to a NFL HC job. I think Aranda could get a better program to offer.
Yeah, why leave Baylor for the Noles? Not an upward move, given how far FSU has fallen.

Now, if Saban retires, Dabo moves to Alabama, and Clemson calls, different story. Especially if Clemson is jumping to the $EC or B1G.

That makes the norvell extension make a lot more sense. I doubt their ability to pull Kiffen tho.

I'm not quite as doubtful on their ability to lure Kiffin.

First, Kiffin was willing to suck a **** last year to get the Miami job, but he was never a candidate. He may have a "revenge" motivation to take less money at F$U for the chance to show up UM and Mario.

Second, F$U will be done paying Taggart and have a supposedly reduced payout for Prison Mike Norvell.

Third, I believe that the ICs are uncapped for next year too. When you combine that with the ability of a first year coach to "waive" the prior coach's players, it would be (theoretically) possible for Kiffin to sign 85 HS, JuCo, and Portal players in his first year at F$U.

Finally, Kiffin would really be able to build a legacy for himself if he was able to restore the consistent records of the Bowden days. Say what you will, F$U has won a title under two separate coaches in our lifetimes, and Ole Miss has not.

The biggest issue that F$U would have to navigate would be the buyout of the Ole Miss contract. If they can scrape together the money for that, this might not be such a crazy plan for them to attempt. It's probably their only shot at saving the program, I don't think Neon Deion is the answer.

Advertisement
I'm not quite as doubtful on their ability to lure Kiffin.

First, Kiffin was willing to suck a **** last year to get the Miami job, but he was never a candidate. He may have a "revenge" motivation to take less money at F$U for the chance to show up UM and Mario.

Second, F$U will be done paying Taggart and have a supposedly reduced payout for Prison Mike Norvell.

Third, I believe that the ICs are uncapped for next year too. When you combine that with the ability of a first year coach to "waive" the prior coach's players, it would be (theoretically) possible for Kiffin to sign 85 HS, JuCo, and Portal players in his first year at F$U.

Finally, Kiffin would really be able to build a legacy for himself if he was able to restore the consistent records of the Bowden days. Say what you will, F$U has won a title under two separate coaches in our lifetimes, and Ole Miss has not.

The biggest issue that F$U would have to navigate would be the buyout of the Ole Miss contract. If they can scrape together the money for that, this might not be such a crazy plan for them to attempt. It's probably their only shot at saving the program, I don't think Neon Deion is the answer.
The problem is the timing with the Kiffen extension. I just think he spends a few more years at Ole Miss b4 leaving.

Advertisement
If true its not a bad plan on face value. I don't know that they'll be able to pony up the financial resources to pay for what lane kiffin will require.

I thought I read that they extended Norvell 1 year (optics for recruiting), but the buyout stayed the same. If I’m Norvell, why would I ever sign and extension to significantly reduce my buyout? Especially at a program that’s had 1/2 a decade straight of losing seasons and somehow still expects to win 10 this year. There’s no possible way that team meets their expectations. Norvell would be a complete idiot to do that.

Advertisement
Back