Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

I'm not sure how adding some temporal qualifier like "yet" makes what Norvell said any less of a lie. He told the media a conversation with his players had occurred, when in fact it had not. Whether he intended to have the conversation at some future point is irrelevant.

Norvell was too busy flexing like some wokester corch in that press conference and it ended up biting him in the ***. As for Wilson, I strongly suspect his draft day(s) tumble had more to do with his horrendous play. But if what Wilson did ultimately means a couple of teams passed on him that wouldn't have (and was embarrassing for Norvell and bad for team chemistry), all the better.

Fvck the Noles.
Not disagreeing with you at all. Ok he lied for whatever reason, the argument is it was fixable privately with less damage team wise. That didn’t happen, but I hardly believe the “Lie” had anything to do with Wilson’s lack of production last season and do believe his lack of production had everything to do with him going undrafted.

Advertisement
Not disagreeing with you at all. Ok he lied for whatever reason, the argument is it was fixable privately with less damage team wise. That didn’t happen, but I hardly believe the “Lie” had anything to do with Wilson’s lack of production last season and do believe his lack of production had everything to do with him going undrafted.

There is a lot of back-and-forth, but it really doesn't matter.

The point is, an F$U alum claimed he dropped in the draft because of "p-analytics". But the reality is that Wilson called out his coach for LYING to the team, not for some political viewpoint (such as Gundy wearing an OAN t-shirt).

And, YES, he also had poor play last year.

Ultimately, Jacobbi is wrong about the reasons PLURAL why Wilson dropped.

The point is, an F$U alum claimed he dropped in the draft because of "p-analytics". But the reality is that Wilson called out his coach for LYING to the team, not for some political viewpoint (such as Gundy wearing an OAN t-shirt).

It's easier to put blame elsewhere than to take responsibility. The Noles had a crap season and Wilson didn't stand out because of it.

That's not even a knock on him because a single player can only do so much. But plenty of people won't admit that, it's easier to think all 32 teams were out to get him.

It's easier to put blame elsewhere than to take responsibility. The Noles had a crap season and Wilson didn't stand out because of it.

That's not even a knock on him because a single player can only do so much. But plenty of people won't admit that, it's easier to think all 32 teams were out to get him.

Ultimately, I think this is what happened, along with Wilson being overhyped following the 2019 season and Wilson demonstrating less effort/motivation to play for a guy he probably didn't trust during a season where his team clearly wasn't doing much of anything positive.

But I do see some hypocrisy in people going hard after Wilson - a 21 year old at the time - for not being "mature" enough or "team-oriented" enough to handle a public situation - initially made public by his grown, millionaire corch - privately. Regardless, I'm happy to see this entire episode back in the public eye for as long as possible, as it can only continue to make Forfeit State look like the radioactive dumpster fire that program has become.

Ultimately, I think this is what happened, along with Wilson being overhyped following the 2019 season and Wilson demonstrating less effort/motivation to play for a guy he probably didn't trust during a season where his team clearly wasn't doing much of anything positive.

But I do see some hypocrisy in people going hard after Wilson - a 21 year old at the time - for not being "mature" enough or "team-oriented" enough to handle a public situation - initially made public by his grown, millionaire corch - privately. Regardless, I'm happy to see this entire episode back in the public eye for as long as possible, as it can only continue to make Forfeit State look like the radioactive dumpster fire that program has become.

What would make it worse now is him coming out saying or possibly accusing Norvell told teams not to draft me... that would reignite the whole dumpster in Tally....

My question is then well where was his position coach the great Odell... i mean in all honesty his opinion on Wilson should count way more since he coached him for 4 years more than Norvell’s who had him leas than a season

Advertisement

Yeah. Again, I'm not knocking any posters, just critiquing how Jacobbi came to his (incorrect) conclusion.

Wasn't it Wilson who dogged it on that one big play last year? I cannot remember the team they were playing but I recall it was a close game, opposing team had the ball, it was 3rd or 4th and long and I believe it was Wilson basically stood up at the LOS and stood there while the pass was completed.

I will see if I can find the video but those type of plays make a player not get drafted.

I do find it weird, and maybe some one smarter than me can explain, that the team who signed him, guaranteed him like 160k with a 30k signing bonus which is more than like the last 50 draft picks are getting. If the Browns KNEW they wanted to sign him and were willing to open the check book, why not just draft him and pay him less?

Edit... Found it but it was two years ago the Boise game. go to the 30 min mark and watch his effort. Then he comes back caps all that noise about not opting out, calling out GR15 and as soon as FSU season went to dog **** he opted out.

Last edited:
Wasn't it Wilson who dogged it on that one big play last year? I cannot remember the team they were playing but I recall it was a close game, opposing team had the ball, it was 3rd or 4th and long and I believe it was Wilson basically stood up at the LOS and stood there while the pass was completed.

I will see if I can find the video but those type of plays make a player not get drafted.

I do find it weird, and maybe some one smarter than me can explain, that the team who signed him, guaranteed him like 160k with a 30k signing bonus which is more than like the last 50 draft picks are getting. If the Browns KNEW they wanted to sign him and were willing to open the check book, why not just draft him and pay him less?

Edit... Found it but it was two years ago the Boise game. go to the 30 min mark and watch his effort. Then he comes back caps all that noise about not opting out, calling out GR15 and as soon as FSU season went to dog **** he opted out.

I stopped trying to figure out the logic NFL teams use a long time ago.

Advertisement

Good Lord he literally just stood there. If he even tries to put his hand up or actually push the offensive lineman back, he might’ve disrupted that completion.

And anybody that hasn’t seen this, go to the 30 minute mark. And then in one play you’ll see why this guy wasn’t drafted. I’ll bet there’s a whole book of non-effort plays like this on this bum.

If you are a draft analyst/coach for an NFL team, and your job depends on the quality of players you select in the draft, you’re going to be looking at isolation of every play of a player you’re thinking of drafting.

I can guarantee you there’s a bunch of isolation clips on this guy and they make him look terrible. That’s why he wasn’t drafted.

Coming back for your senior season doesn’t equal improving your draft stock. Strike while the iron’s hot.

While you are correct, I would argue that the vast majority of 3rd years who have a shot at the NFL would benefit economically over the long term by returning for their 4th year. IMHO, Wilson is more the exception than the rule.

Good Lord he literally just stood there. If he even tries to put his hand up or actually push the offensive lineman back, he might’ve disrupted that completion.

And anybody that hasn’t seen this, go to the 30 minute mark. And then in one play you’ll see why this guy wasn’t drafted. I’ll bet there’s a whole book of non-effort plays like this on this bum.

If you are a draft analyst/coach for an NFL team, and your job depends on the quality of players you select in the draft, you’re going to be looking at isolation of every play of a player you’re thinking of drafting.

I can guarantee you there’s a bunch of isolation clips on this guy and they make him look terrible. That’s why he wasn’t drafted.

Exactly... The only reason this one stood out because I have a few buddies who are FSU fans and after this game he sent me this clip in an outrage.

Your team is down 5, 4th quarter, 4 min left, Boise has the ball but 3rd and 17 from their own 30ish yardline and the dude that is the team captain/leader of the defense legit just stands up. How the Olineman just didnt put him on his a$$ is beyond me, maybe they were shocked but it gave the QB a good 5 seconds to find a WR and get the first down and help seal the game. It was also a difficult throw, if he pushes the pocket he might not get the sack or even a hurry but maybe just enough to throw off his mechanics. Instead he realized we only rushing 3 so F-it.

Exactly... The only reason this one stood out because I have a few buddies who are FSU fans and after this game he sent me this clip in an outrage.

Your team is down 5, 4th quarter, 4 min left, Boise has the ball but 3rd and 17 from their own 30ish yardline and the dude that is the team captain/leader of the defense legit just stands up. How the Olineman just didnt put him on his a$$ is beyond me, maybe they were shocked but it gave the QB a good 5 seconds to find a WR and get the first down and help seal the game. It was also a difficult throw, if he pushes the pocket he might not get the sack or even a hurry but maybe just enough to throw off his mechanics. Instead he realized we only rushing 3 so F-it.

That’s exactly how I see it.

I think the reason they did not put him on his *** is they are standing right there so they can sense that he’s not giving any effort - you get a lot of physical and proximity clues when someone is not giving effort, he’s just not making that move, he’s not really pushing hard with his hands, they knew he wasn’t giving an effort so they’re just basically covering their ground making sure he doesn’t get around them. I’ll bet there’s other plays like this and that’s why he wasn’t drafted. A lot of other plays

Advertisement
While you are correct, I would argue that the vast majority of 3rd years who have a shot at the NFL would benefit economically over the long term by returning for their 4th year. IMHO, Wilson is more the exception than the rule.
Agreed. Most guys aren’t finished products after three years. There are some guys that hit their ceiling after three years and coming back won’t improve their stock though.

What would make it worse now is him coming out saying or possibly accusing Norvell told teams not to draft me... that would reignite the whole dumpster in Tally....

My question is then well where was his position coach the great Odell... i mean in all honesty his opinion on Wilson should count way more since he coached him for 4 years more than Norvell’s who had him leas than a season
Jesus H Christ....Odell has been at FSU since 1967....

Advertisement

So you take Wilsons word for it? lol.. and OMG I forgot Gundy wore an OAN shirt.. he should never coach again!

So you take Wilsons word for it? lol.. and OMG I forgot Gundy wore an OAN shirt.. he should never coach again!

Look at you, getting all triggered. Typical crybaby fake-tuff-guy.

"Taking Wilson's word for it"? Wilson did, in fact, accurately point out that Norvell lied about communicating to the entire team. Which is a complaint about Norvell's honesty, not his p-analytics.

Whereas, the players who complained about Gundy's t-shirt were complaining about his p-analytics, not whether he was honest about wearing the t-shirt.

Just keep on whining, all because you have no reading comprehension ability.

Advertisement
Back