Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Honest question.. I remember at the beginning of the season (especially pre Miami-fsu) game some of their site reporters were claiming that Norvell is the best x's and o's coach in the state. Anyone know how/why they feel that way? I thought it was their usual fsu delusion but I'm wondering how they even came up with that. So far I'd take Manny, Lashlee, and Mullen before I'd take Norvell to be honest.

He was putting up points/winning at Memphis so the whole idea of “If he can do this at Memphis, imagine what he can do at FSU”. However, Memphis’ roster is 1000x better than FSU’s. I always thought he was a good coach but wasn’t sure if the FSU rebuild was the right fit for him. Time will tell.

He was putting up points/winning at Memphis so the whole idea of “If he can do this at Memphis, imagine what he can do at FSU”. However, Memphis’ roster is 1000x better than FSU’s. I always thought he was a good coach but wasn’t sure if the FSU rebuild was the right fit for him. Time will tell.
**** of a lot easier to maintain than to build, huh Cornvell?

Advertisement

He took over what Fuente built and now Silverfield inherited the team after Norvell left and they knocked UCF off 2 weeks ago....

Fsu is a different animal. They expect results quickly and the fanbase will not be patient. The UNC win was a fluke IMO... UNC walked in napping on that game I think because of what we did to them.

Didn’t he inherit what Fuentes left him?

Advertisement
Didn’t he inherit what Fuentes left him?

Yes and he continued to win but the FSU job right now is a way to get paid for a few years and then get paid out. That roster rebuild will take a few years and I don’t think the FSU fan base/boosters will be patient enough after 2-3 years of .500 ball. I think Norvell should have waited for a better situation.

Yes and he continued to win but the FSU job right now is a way to get paid for a few years and then get paid out. That roster rebuild will take a few years and I don’t think the FSU fan base/boosters will be patient enough after 2-3 years of .500 ball. I think Norvell should have waited for a better situation.
Especially once it was obvious that he was their last choice. I know the money is good, but the headaches are numerous. He sacrificed long term gain for short term gain.

Advertisement
Honest question.. I remember at the beginning of the season (especially pre Miami-fsu) game some of their site reporters were claiming that Norvell is the best x's and o's coach in the state. Anyone know how/why they feel that way? I thought it was their usual fsu delusion but I'm wondering how they even came up with that. So far I'd take Manny, Lashlee, and Mullen before I'd take Norvell to be honest.

a great x and o guy can scheme his way into more points than what fsu is putting up. despite talent.
Also FSU has not scored a point in the 4th quarter.

Advertisement
Especially once it was obvious that he was their last choice. I know the money is good, but the headaches are numerous. He sacrificed long term gain for short term gain.

Never underestimate the overconfidence and hubris that a lot of these coaches walk around with. I bet Mike Notwell truly believed he would right the ship and dominate. I am sure he expected he'd instill discipline, change the culture, and get the most from the athletes at FSpoo, but that it could ultimately take a couple of seasons. I sincerely doubt he foresaw this dumpster fire (which he personally fanned the flames on). In any case, I am going to love every second of this.

And I'm not some linebacker wizard but that's how it looks for me.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back