Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Briles will never get a FBS HC gig because most schools know he will hire his pops

If he really wants a HC gig then he will just consult with his dad on off the record and not let him anywhere the program. Most guys who truly want to advance will respect this and move on

Advertisement
Super wrong.

3 years ago before he went to FAU, he had his foot in the door as the new OC at Marshall. Marshall pulled the offer because he wanted to bring his pops as a QB coach and Clements as a OL coach. He was then pretty much told thanks but no thanks. Either just you alone or nope. He ended up becoming the FAU OC(Which he later had his playcalling duties stripped from him)

3 years ago before he went to FAU, he had his foot in the door as the new OC at Marshall. Marshall pulled the offer because he wanted to bring his pops as a QB coach and Clements as a OL coach. He was then pretty much told thanks but no thanks. Either just you alone or nope. He ended up becoming the FAU OC(Which he later had his playcalling duties stripped from him)

Again, you're misinformed. Briles was never stripped of his playcalling duties at FAU. That was never reported once, anywhere.

And again, you're talking about 3 years ago. 3 years ago there was a huge uproar when Kendal was hired at FAU due to the tarnished name. Fast forward 3 years, and not only has he taken 2 different jobs since then, but the rumblings are already starting on Art being hired to coach.....Southern Miss just tried to bring him in a couple months ago and it was deemed too toxic. But time heals all wounds.

Regardless, people are going to approach Briles to be a HC very soon if he continues to have the success at FSU that he had at Baylor, FAU, and Houston. Saying "Briles will never get an FBS HC gig" is way too reactionary to what happened in the past. He absolutely will.

I thought the same exact thing. This looked staged. Or their dline is horrible. Usually defense is always ahead of offense in spring so something is definitely off. Or their defense is atrocious.

I said it last year, FSU’s Defense was going to regress tremendously under Urkel. This scrimmage solidified my theory. FSU is in big trouble.

Advertisement
Quite honestly, and sure we are biased, but does it not look like that was staged to excite the fans? The DL isn't even playing, nobody is tackling or giving any effort on defense. Tin foil hat on, but with their offensive woes last year I wouldn't put it past slick Willie to pull some crap to make himself and Briles look good.

After seeing that video again, you may be on to something.

Lol. This pic getting roasted on twitter

Attachments

• F38A7FBB-DA68-4C08-8C16-7C1DAA5AB997.jpeg
    F38A7FBB-DA68-4C08-8C16-7C1DAA5AB997.jpeg
    27.2 KB · Views: 242
Lol. This pic getting roasted on twitter
I just saw that the kid that was edited into that pick went on twitter and said he had nothing to do with it after Cam Akers said "man no" to it.

Whoever does their social media edits is a complete moron...this and the Martin Luther King Jr one. Wow

Advertisement
Baylor had like 6 plays and 4 formations. Art Briles did the same thing at Houston with Kevin Kolb. Limit the playbook so they can play faster.

Its not hard to learn their plays

Advertisement
Quite honestly, and sure we are biased, but does it not look like that was staged to excite the fans? The DL isn't even playing, nobody is tackling or giving any effort on defense. Tin foil hat on, but with their offensive woes last year I wouldn't put it past slick Willie to pull some crap to make himself and Briles look good.
I watched the Gaytors spring game and they did the same thing. But let them tell it their offense will be unstoppable.

Advertisement
I have a few question here.
Everyone seems to be in this TCU, Baylor, Houston, Utah states bandwagon and saying they did a lot with less talent and exposed teams and took advantage of athletes etc. There is also the “imagine if we did that with our athletes” thing going on.
But who exactly did these teams play?
I know they played a good game against FSU a few years ago.
But how has this high tempo, few plays, really faired against good defenses that are designe to combat it?
Also, how fast can you really go? Didn’t cuse and Toledo run a fugg ton of plays against us? Don’t think you can go faster than that can you.
I think this fast tempo offense took a lot of teams by surprise when it was implemented.
Manny seems to have defense built specifically for fast tempo offenses.

I have a few question here.
Everyone seems to be in this TCU, Baylor, Houston, Utah states bandwagon and saying they did a lot with less talent and exposed teams and took advantage of athletes etc. There is also the “imagine if we did that with our athletes” thing going on.
But who exactly did these teams play?
I know they played a good game against FSU a few years ago.
But how has this high tempo, few plays, really faired against good defenses that are designe to combat it?
Also, how fast can you really go? Didn’t cuse and Toledo run a fugg ton of plays against us? Don’t think you can go faster than that can you.
I think this fast tempo offense took a lot of teams by surprise when it was implemented.
Manny seems to have defense built specifically for fast tempo offenses.

Wanna stop Briles offense, Sit your safeties on the Hashes playing 2 deep and Man everything underneath.

Briles passing combinations and usually always 3 man routes with 2 going 15 yards+ and a screen or a flat or drag route underneath. Also he splits his WRs as wide as possible to maximizing spacing between WRs.

Wanna stop Briles offense, Sit your safeties on the Hashes playing 2 deep and Man everything underneath.

Briles passing combinations and usually always 3 man routes with 2 going 15 yards+ and a screen or a flat or drag route underneath. Also he splits his WRs as wide as possible to maximizing spacing between WRs.
Thanks. I was just wondering if this was a reinvention the wheel then everyone would be doing it.
I think an effective offense is one that can expose a weakness and expose it in the most effective way possible; be it rpo, tempo, power, spread or whatever it takes.

Thanks. I was just wondering if this was a reinvention the wheel then everyone would be doing it.
I think an effective offense is one that can expose a weakness and expose it in the most effective way possible; be it rpo, tempo, power, spread or whatever it takes.

With the Briles offense spacing and getting the ball out of the QB hands as fast as possible is the key points. He uses the spacing also to open up the run game because it forces the corners and safeties to space themselves really wide. This then opens up the inside run fits and puts Linebackers on isolated situations.

Advertisement
Back